Bellazon

Anja Rubik
Thumbnail

Dani

OMG people!! :chicken:

My mum bought "Viva!" yesterday....guess what was there....an interview with Anja! And a few pics of her and Sasha!

The interview was mostly about her relationship with Sasha. OMG I need a set with pics of them. Awww :wub:

She said she's been dating him for a few months now, they live together in NY.

He visited her family in Poland.

And Anja went with him to Vienna, the city in which he was brought up. They also visited Belgrade, Sasha's homecity (because he is Serbian). Anja said she really liked Belgrade, because this city is beautiful, full of life and beautiful women (and something else, I just don't remember now).

If you want me to translate it-ok, it's shorter than the article I translated a bit for you guys some time ago :| (I would tranlstae whole, but I forgot, and you didn't remind me :cain: :trout:)

They have a new editorial together, it's nice. It's on tFS....

A new set, ei? :shifty:

This editorial may be the one I'm talking about, from "Viva!"?? :mellow:

:shifty:

Anja said in that interview, she felt really nice that GAP proposed her and her bf, as a "famous" couple to do an ad for them.....because they always (I didn't know that) propose "famous" siblings, couples etc. to appear together in their ads for Christmas.

-Translating "Viva!" interview-

Viva!: How do we know, we are in love?

Anja: You feel like drunk. You think all the time about that person, you can't wait to meet him, feel like you are above the ground. And wake up with smile on your face.

Viva!: Do you notice these symptoms for yourself?

Anja: All of them (laugh).

Viva!: It was like a hit from a flash?

Anja: I think that's how I can describe it, because I really defended myself from this feeling. But the last year was the most weird one in my life. Everything changed in 180 degrees. After Chrsitmas I decided to break up with my boyfriend. We were with Łukasz for over 6 years, but in last months I felt like we are from 2 different planets. Finally I decided, that the best option for both of us, will be to start living on your own. [? idk how should I translate this one]

Viva!: You were afraid, that you won't be with anyone?

Anja: I was rather planning on throwing myself into work, that quandaries of heart will be deafen by new jobs.

Viva! And then he appeared.

Anja: Yes. Like in a movie (laugh). I was walking down the street, was rushing for some photoshoot and suddenly he stopped me on the street. "Ania, it's Sasha, remember, we worked together?"

Viva!: Sasha is also a model?

Anja: Yes. A year ago we were doing an ad in new Orleans together. [i think they are talking about Americana Manhasset?] I remember, that he fascinated me very much, but I was with Łukasz, and he had a girlfriend. We didn't even exchange our phone numbers. When we met in New York now, Sasha proposed, to have a coffee together the next morning. I agreed, but I didn't even suppose, it will turn into a date.

Viva!: When you sat next to him, you felt, it's this one?

Anja: When I sat and we started talking, I was surprised. We already told each other about our families, passions, attitude to work. I was thinking: why am I telling that much about myself? What is happenind with me!? I'm quite reserved, it's not so easy to share my dreams, but with Sasha, it was totally different.

Viva!: Did you feel nervous at that date?

Anja: You will be laughing, but from nerves my haw was shaking all the time. I couldn't stop it. I had a turtleneck, and I was covering my lips all the time with it, not to make him notice it. Luckily I felt, that he is also nervous and that by jokes and loud laughs he tries to cover his confusion.

-next part later-

-Translating "Viva!" interview-

Viva!: How do we know, we are in love?

Anja: You feel like drunk. You think all the time about that person, you can't wait to meet him, feel like you are above the ground. And wake up with smile on your face.

Viva!: Do you notice these symptoms for yourself?

Anja: All of them (laugh).

Viva!: It was like a hit from a flash?

Anja: I think that's how I can describe it, because I really defended myself from this feeling. But the last year was the most weird one in my life. Everything changed in 180 degrees. After Chrsitmas I decided to break up with my boyfriend. We were with Łukasz for over 6 years, but in last months I felt like we are from 2 different planets. Finally I decided, that the best option for both of us, will be to start living on your own. [? idk how should I translate this one]

Viva!: You were afraid, that you won't be with anyone?

Anja: I was rather planning on throwing myself into work, that quandaries of heart will be deafen by new jobs.

Viva! And then he appeared.

Anja: Yes. Like in a movie (laugh). I was walking down the street, was rushing for some photoshoot and suddenly he stopped me on the street. "Ania, it's Sasha, remember, we worked together?"

Viva!: Sasha is also a model?

Anja: Yes. A year ago we were doing an ad in new Orleans together. [i think they are talking about Americana Manhasset?] I remember, that he fascinated me very much, but I was with Łukasz, and he had a girlfriend. We didn't even exchange our phone numbers. When we met in New York now, Sasha proposed, to have a coffee together the next morning. I agreed, but I didn't even suppose, it will turn into a date.

Viva!: When you sat next to him, you felt, it's this one?

Anja: When I sat and we started talking, I was surprised. We already told each other about our families, passions, attitude to work. I was thinking: why am I telling that much about myself? What is happenind with me!? I'm quite reserved, it's not so easy to share my dreams, but with Sasha, it was totally different.

Viva!: Did you feel nervous at that date?

Anja: You will be laughing, but from nerves my haw was shaking all the time. I couldn't stop it. I had a turtleneck, and I was covering my lips all the time with it, not to make him notice it. Luckily I felt, that he is also nervous and that by jokes and loud laughs he tries to cover his confusion.

-next part later-

-the next part-

Viva!: Did you quickly meet for the second time?

Anja: After our first date I had to go for a photoshoot, but Sasha told he'll be waiting for me. After I came back we went for a long walk to Central Park. We both admire this place. We were talking for a few hours, we completely loose a sense of time [? idk if it's how I should translate it]. Then I got to know that Sasha never wanted to be a model. He was talking about his big passion for basketball. He comes from Serbia, but his family lived in Vienna. He grew up there. Since early years he had been training basketball and as a young boy got into Italian team. He moved to Milan then and was sure he'll be a basketball player. But everything went not as he wished to. During one of the plays he got a serious injury. Instead of scoring, he went to the hospital. It wasn't obvious if he will ever be able to get back to sport. And then Giorgio Armani itself got interested in him. And we all know he adores basketball players. He invited Sasha to one of his advertising campaigns. Sasha was good and that's how it started.

Viva!: He liked the job of a model?

Anja: I think he likes what he's doing, but modelling isn't his big passion. He rather treats it as a well-paid job and that's all. In fact he is still looking for his place, and this is an inspirational search [?? completely don't know how should I translate that]. Sasha impresses me by the fact he has so many interests, that something drives him [??-positive meaning] all the time, he can't stay in one place. During these months we had spent together, we went together to Milan, Vienna, Belgrade, Mexico, Paris and Częstochowa. We both love to spend time in an active way and this is wonderful.

Viva!: Did you bring him to your parents' house to Częstochowa?

Anja: Yes. At the beginning I was afraid of this meeting. I was talking with my parents about Sasha via phone and I didn't rush at all with our visit together to Poland. Once I was talking with Sasha about our families. We both left our family homes at a young age, started working, we grew up in foreign countries. But neither me or him stopped missing childhood. When I was listening to Sasha's stories about his home, I thought it would be wonderful, if he met my close family. I propsed him a visit to Częstochowa. He was amazed. While we were in Poalnd, we visited Cracow and Wieliczka also, but the most wonderful was in my family house. My parents were immedietely infatuated [?? idk if you can use such word not only in "couple" meaning :p ] by Sasha. He is a very happy person and has a great sense of humour, which my dad liked. They were both laughing all the time. I felt like my parents had been knowing him for a long time.

Viva!: You also met his family?

Anja: Yes. In summer Sasha took me to Vienna. I met his parents, friends, aquaintances. He showed me his favourite places. I saw, where he started playing basketball, I visited the school he attended. These were wonderful days. His parents welcomed me warmly [??]. I went there "with soul on my arm" [it's a Polish idiom, meaning that she was afraid to go there, she has lots of fears etc.] and therefore I saw I didn't have to fear of anything. At the end of my visit, I prepared a dinner for everyone. I love to cook and I prepared a ficassee from chicken with kuskus [??-don't know how to translate it]. I proved I'm a good wife material (laugh).

Anja on Oskary Fashion 2008 in Warsaw, Poland yesterday.

Sasha (her boyfirend) was with her there yesterday :)

Too bad I didn't know about the event, then I would go there and meet them....wait, wait:

a) it was probably a very "closed" party-no chances to get there :rofl:

b) I needed to learn Math :p