Bellazon

Julia Stegner
Thumbnail

goose

It's in german :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry:

the only thing I understood was she saying she was from Munich. and the guy saying her name :) hahahahahahaha

I took the liberty to translate it: :wave:

S: Welcome to the show!

J: Hello and thank you!

S: Happy to have you here for the first time. You live in New York most of the time, don’t you?

J: I’m mostly in New York, right, that’s my place to live.

S: Where have you been born? Where are you from, here in Germany?

J: From Munich. I’m a “Münchner Kindl”. (Colloquial and humourous expression for a young person from Munich)

S: From Munich, oh yes, right. You have been discovered at the Oktoberfest. How is that? I imagine, a guy shows up, hands over his calling card, doesn’t look respectable at all...

J: Well, in my case, it was a woman, Luisa von Minckwitz.

S: I see, did you know her already?

J: No, I didn’t.

S: But she’s well known in model business, right?

J: I suppose, yes, of course, by now. But I didn’t know her then. I was just standing there with my friends, planning what to do on the festival, and suddenly she showed up and asked me if I didn’t want to be a model. Of course, all my friends were like “Me too, me too!”

S: Oh really? But they were all awfully ugly, no?

J: (laughing) No, they were not! But of course, they thought it was funny, and then, well, she handed over her card and asked me to give her a call. It was all very respectable, she didn’t ask for my phone number... Well, my parents gave her a call the other day, everything turned out well and thus I got an agency.

S: You were 15 then.

J: I was 15. I didn’t do it as a full time job in the beginning, first I finished school, I was very ambitious to do so. It’s better anyway, because in this job you never can tell...

S: The bottom becomes fat, and it’s all over.

J: (laughing) Your bottom becomes fat and it’s all over, right, it can be over any day.

S: But if someone is as big as you are in this business, nothing serious can happen anymore, no? You just have to beat up your maids now and then, and all’s well...

J: And all is well, sure. No, I don’t even have maids, that would be great. I even clean up myself.

S: Really, my god! Then how much do you demand per hour? (laughter) Just asking...

J: (laughing) I don’t know whether you could afford it, Stefan....

S: I’m just saying, people think, all those celebrities and superstars, they don’t do anything themselves. I’m frequently asked, if I mow my lawn myself. Of course I mow my lawn myself, what else shall I do all day long?

Now for some advertising, and then Julia will tell us about the secrets of modelling. Stay tuned!

S: Welcome back to TVTotal, Julia Stegner is here!

Julia, there’s been a ranking about the monetary value of models, I didn’t really understand it. You made the second place, Karolina Kurkova is first, and Heidi Klum is third. They estimated your total market value as 36.5 million Euros. What does that mean?

J: Well, I haven’t got to do anything with it, I just read about it. I suppose, someone found out that this is the total amount of money you can earn in future. I think, the reason that Heidi is behind me is just that I’m younger, and Heidi has already earned most of her money.

Honestly, I don’t care much for this ranking, because many models having high-paid contracts with beauty companies were missing. Of course, I wouldn’t mind earning so much money, definitely...

S: Well, good to know...I hear, there are big differences in the model business, there are models who are only doing fotos, others only runway etc. But I don’t get it, can you explain that?

J: No, normally you do both. If you are a high-fashion-model, you do runway and...

S: Oh, you are a “high-fashion-model”...

J: That’s how they call it. I know, it sounds really silly. There’s the commercial side, where you are working more commercially, doing ads etc,, and there’s the so-called high fashion where you are doing both. That’s the way I have started, too. After finishing school I made the shows in Milano and Paris. That is like an open casting, all the editors see you and the designers may book you, it’s kind of a cycle.

S: Is there a danger of becoming a looney, if you are in this business for too long? Karl Lagerfeld for example, everybody knows he isn’t quite normal. (laughter)

J: That’s not true at all! He is a nice, intelligent, well, one of the most intelligent and most creative persons I know, he is incredibly nice and open and...

S: Ok, ok, maybe he’s nice and creative, I don’t want to say anything negative about him, but he’s really off his nut, isn’t he? (laughter)

J: I don’t think so, no!

S: Here are some pictures of you. Very elegant! Like Bruce Darnell...Are you watching those casting shows? I think, Heidi Klum has such a show in America, too.

J: No, Heidi Klum does Project Runway in America, that’s got to do with designers, they are casting designers. Tyra Banks hosts America’s next topmodel. They are going into their seventh season now, as far as I know.

S: Did these girls have any success?

J: I have seen none of them so far anywhere.

S: Those who won in Germany, well, the last time I saw them was when they won...

J: I don’t know, I didn’t watch it here in Germany, but I’ve been told there were very very beautiful girls on the show. It might happen that a great career starts from such a show, but in America...

S: What factors are decisive to become as successful as you are?

J: I think in my case, it was good luck, in the first place. It was the right time and the right place. If I had come two years later maybe noone would have liked to see me. Every era has its type of model, and when I was starting to model professionally, my type was on. It could have been very different. I mean, there are models who have been working for years, doing lots of castings, but nobody wants to see them, but all of a sudden, they are big stars and everybody wants them, so.... you never can tell.

S: What’s a model’s life like? I mean, I’ve got the impression you are still quite down-to-earth. Many models, I mean, when they are photographed by paparazzi, they don’t look like they do on the runway. I think, you wear a make-up like...

J: Normally I don’t wear make-up at all, just jeans and a jumper... When you have to wear make-up in your job all the time..

S: It gets on your nerves, right?

J: No, it even helps you doing your job, it helps me playing roles and...

S: Same here!

J: For sure! One can clearly see it! But privately, I’m really not into make-up and stuff. It’s better to let the skin breathe, anyway.

S: Same here, I also have to let my skin breathe, ahhhh... You are living in New York at the moment, how is that, are you living with friends, are you living alone...

J: I live completely alone.

S: Completely alone? Oh my! In Manhattan?

J: Yes, in Manhattan. I’m about to move, I’ve just got a new flat which is now under renovation.

S: Isn’t it dangerous?

J: Not at all, honestly. In New York I feel safer than in Munich, walking through the city alone. In New York, there’s something going on all the time, there are always people in the street and, you know, since Giuliani, the former mayor, everything is made secure. Honestly, I was never afraid in New York.

S: And how do you live, who are your friends, for example?

J: Very normal people...

S: What are they doing? Are they from your business, hair-dresser-clowns and stuff?

J: I still have my people in Munich, whom I meet when I’m there. Sure, I have some friends in New York, too, you get to know people at work, Luca is a close friend of mine...

S: Luca? I think she was here on the show already! Luca from Hamburg? I think we had her as a guest, don’t you remember, folks? Hey staff, you have to keep notice of that! She was here, greetings from me.

J: Ok, I’ll tell her!

S: If it was really her!

J: I will ask her whether she was here.

S: If not, you can come back together.

J: Ok, next time we will come together. Anyway, I know just normal people, backstage photographers.., I also got to know some people from Germany in New York, students etc. I’m no party animal, you know, I don’t really like those fashion parties and...

S: Btw, that’s the kind of thing that comes to your mind: drunk models sitting on the laps of some old guys, sipping champagne...That’s what you see in the newspapers! Or a person like Kate Moss strolling around with a junkie musician. I guess, your parents are really worried!

J: No, my parents know that I’m not that kind of person. Times have changed. Maybe back in the times of the topmodels it was like you seem to imagine. But nowadays, the business is so fast, you can’t afford to live this way.

S: Who is your idol? Did you already meet the persons you had been looking up to? Is there anybody you would like to know?

J: Well, I never really had an idol, at least not in model business. Of course, there are women who have reached a lot and that’s great, but I’m a person of my own and I try to make my own thing.

S: Very good! (Interruption by some music)

S: Now, stay with us, Queer as Folk up next! Very successful in America, too! Do you know Queer as folk?

J: I’ve never watched it.

S: You haven’t? Queer as folk up next (...) Thanks for being on the show, remain as you are, and next time, bring us, ehmmm errrrr, Luca as well, if she can remember me. Or if she has really been here before, that is. But I think she has. That’s pretty much it and thanks for watching!

hey guys

do you know if julia is often home in Münich?

I live here and I'd love to see her :wub: she's growing on me

great that she's growing on you!

as you probably read in the interview she normally is living in NY but sometimes she comes to Munich so you never know maybe one day you'll meet her just in a street ;)

edit: they are new to me from tfs

v10.jpg

davidvasiljevic.com

post-4447-0-1446144383-19592_thumb.jpg

Neiman Marcus