Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

Without dining there:

I took a look at the franchise before I went to dinner yesterday:  Overall I didn't like it.  The decor is in-between a fast-food joint and a chain restaurant.  I know how to make sushi myself and I didn't like the (essentially average) quality of the plates overall.  This is combined with high prices for the items.  A small plate, with three pieces of sushi or a child's fist sized bit of hot food is $6-8.   So you're talking a $30-50 per person full meal, and the plates look completely average & nothing fancy.  Indeed, there were (70) different types but most of it was different sushi.  There was little in the way of hot food.  It's much, much better to go to a proper Japanese restaurant IMO.  Unless they seriously revamp the concept I doubt that it will make it in the USA....I  People will feel ripped off for going to a quasi-fast food joint at premium prices.

http://www.yosushi.com/

^ I would definitely give it a try just to get the experience under your belt and maybe it's everything and more when it comes to freshness. It's funny you bring up conveyor belt sushi. I spend an inordinate amount of time on YouTube looking up modern quirky Japanese culture bits. This vid below gives a brief walk-through of one of the conveyer belt restaurants over there and how to order.

And here is another sushi joint that actually uses a track and tray service system that I simply love!

And since we're on the topic of Japanese culture and food I'm also obsessed with Japanese vending machine culture! :chicken: smily%20new%20one.gif

Very interesting youtube links, thanks.  I enjoyed watching them.  It's the futuregate.. Somehow in Japan they are good at attracting people with machines...and people keep coming back for more, and more.  I only see those type of machines here in the US (sometimes) at rest stops or amusement parks :) The place I went to did not have machines, it was self-serve but there was an option to get custom order.  There were attendants that monitored the pic-ups of the plates.

So instead, we went out for salad bar, sides, ribeye steak and bourbon pork chop...

post-40981-0-1445997392-7239_thumb.jpgpost-40981-0-1445997392-72998_thumb.jpg

God, I'm drooling over that steak.

It's Burger Festival in my city right now, and certain restaurants are donating a portion of the the proceeds of burger sales to charity, so a friend and I used that as an excuse to go out. Cheeseburger with caramelized bacon, and a caramel oreo cheesecake. (And a couple mimosas too. :rofl:)

6oJhxk3r.jpg iOPnNNTV.jpg

"TDH", that looked like a nice meal.  I would enjoy as well.

You being Chinese would recognize this.  Sunday dinner:

Sliced , sauteed pork belly, sliced thinly.  Stir-fry with thick onion strips and thinly sliced chinese cabbage.

This is the only picture that I could find:  But mine looked much better, as the onions retained its crispness and I had much more of them..

post-40981-0-1445997393-9617_thumb.jpg

post-40981-0-1445997393-96673_thumb.jpg

1280px-Schweinebauch-2.jpg

img_8043.jpg

Dessert: Rum pound cake!  I am particularly pleased with the pork dish, and I ate way too much.

post-40981-0-1445997393-98146_thumb.jpg

^ I would definitely give it a try just to get the experience under your belt and maybe it's everything and more when it comes to freshness. It's funny you bring up conveyor belt sushi. I spend an inordinate amount of time on YouTube looking up modern quirky Japanese culture bits. This vid below gives a brief walk-through of one of the conveyer belt restaurants over there and how to order.

And here is another sushi joint that actually uses a track and tray service system that I simply love!

And since we're on the topic of Japanese culture and food I'm also obsessed with Japanese vending machine culture! :chicken: smily%20new%20one.gif

Very interesting youtube links, thanks. I enjoyed watching them. It's the futuregate.. Somehow in Japan they are good at attracting people with machines...and people keep coming back for more, and more. I only see those type of machines here in the US (sometimes) at rest stops or amusement parks :) The place I went to did not have machines, it was self-serve but there was an option to get custom order. There were attendants that monitored the pic-ups of the plates.

So instead, we went out for salad bar, sides, ribeye steak and bourbon pork chop...

post-21861-0-1445997394-71226_thumb.jpgpost-21861-0-1445997394-72378_thumb.jpg

^ Too bad I have absolutely no more room for food today or else I would throw myself at the screen this moment smily%20new%20one.gif

And glad you enjoyed those vidz sir :hehe: I must say, the Japanese sure have a way of mastering the art of convenience at every letter of the word :D Even though vending machines are nothing new to almost everyone out there. The way they manage to put one on every literal corner speaks volumes about how integrated vending machines are in Japanese society. Plus I love the fact ANYONE can purchase beer out of their vending machines, literally. I'd be quite curious to see how that would work out here :ninja::laugh: Oddly enough you need a "Taspo" card as it's called over there to purchases cigarettes due to age restrictions...go figure eh? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ding ding the floral pants make their return after a nearly 2-3 month absence (something like that?). Here comes food.

post-67297-0-1445997405-20652_thumb.jpg

Probably the nicest meringues I've ever had? So light and fluffy and had the perfect texture and oh so delicious.

post-67297-0-1445997405-21463_thumb.jpg

A tiny amount of sushi, if done properly sushi fills me up within like 2 seconds of putting it in my mouth :D

post-67297-0-1445997405-22152_thumb.jpg

I swear the fact that my nail colour and the bottle were the same colour was purely a coincidence :rofl:

post-67297-0-1445997405-22807_thumb.jpg

It looked cute but it got gross veryyy quickly :/

post-67297-0-1445997405-23451_thumb.jpg

I'm putting a strict emphasis on the fact I tried to make them, maybe next time I should not use a piping bag. RIP Piping Bag :heart: They tasted nice though

post-67297-0-1445997405-24119_thumb.jpgpost-67297-0-1445997405-24775_thumb.jpg

This sounded like a good idea but I completely forgot and underestimated how overpowering mint can get. 

post-67297-0-1445997405-25439_thumb.jpg

From a little gelato place I think I've posted before? The bottom was a strawberry sorbetto and the top was a kiwifruit sorbetto, probably weren't the best two flavours to get together but individually they were delish.

post-67297-0-1445997405-26113_thumb.jpg

When bored and not in class, buy 6 cupcakes. The flavours are (L to R): Strawberry, Chocolate, Mango, Lemon & Raspberry, Passionfruit and Lavender and Honey. 

post-67297-0-1445997405-26815_thumb.jpg

And a delicious little praline tasting treat :chicken: 

The next time I probably post food pictures here, the floral pants should hopefully be half way across the world :D