Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

Had a Bazille burger medium well ( freshly ground beef, balsamic roasted onion, sharp white cheddar cheese, tomato, peppercorn aïoli, artisan roll ) and olive oil fries:  very good!

The dip: 

Kalamata Olive Aioli Dip.  The dip is thick in consistency.  It's pretty good, although a bit too salty.  It has a strong olive oil and goat cheese taste 

Bazille - Torrance, CA, Estados Unidos.jpg

A bit related but certainly it took me far too long to transition from coffee to tea.  I made the transition only two months ago.

I still drink coffee in the morning but as the day goes on, I switch to black tea, and then finally green or white tea only by the lunchtime or evening.   I recommend fresh leaves if possible but the standard Twinings/Bigelow/Red Rose Black teas etc. will do.  Green, oolong, and white teas must be either Japanese or Chinese in origin, and with fresh leaves.  The western green/oolong/white teas are either not up to standard or are too weak.

I tried "orange peel tea" recently and found it rather...lame TBH.  It has a light citrus taste and probably little caffeine.liveseasoned_w2016_tangerinetea2.jpg

On 2/13/2016 at 11:02 AM, Stormbringer said:

I will :p

In the meantime, this was yesterday:

image.thumb.jpeg.e39a80bad69a1aa42493656image.thumb.jpeg.2d4f205dfdd1468694ebf89image.thumb.jpeg.934c6211da47c5194712e3e

Where do you get all this meat every week?  It's in such large quantities and it seems party sized.   You must have lots of leftovers or a lot of guests.

I have heard that beef in argentina is cheap; but I don't know how it is in Chile.  I think most city/suburbanites in the US would have to pay a pretty big bill to get all that meat and wouldn't be able to finish it anyway.

18 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Where do you get all this meat every week?  It's in such large quantities and it seems party sized.   You must have lots of leftovers or a lot of guests.

I have heard that beef in argentina is cheap; but I don't know how it is in Chile.  I think most city/suburbanites in the US would have to pay a pretty big bill to get all that meat and wouldn't be able to finish it anyway.

From the local butcher's! This was for 4 people and there were some leftovers but no too much. This was not in Santiago though but in the south, which is the beef producing area of the country and where the best meat is.

Yes, in Argentina beef is cheap. Here not that much but still much cheaper than in Europe or the US.

7 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

From the local butcher's! This was for 4 people and there were some leftovers but no too much. This was not in Santiago though but in the south, which is the beef producing area of the country and where the best meat is.

Yes, in Argentina beef is cheap. Here not that much but still much cheaper than in Europe or the US.

Interesting, I thought you lived near a farm or something, or maybe had close access to livestock.   I feel that a lot of products/services in the US are too profitable and beef is one them.  This is not good for the consumer.

I know that in Japan and in Taipei that beef is incredibly expensive.  I don't recall the prices the last time I was in Tokyo but literally it was really prices of a delicacy.  A small steak, uncooked cost as much as a visit to a steakhouse.

^ That salmon looks great!

On 21 de febrero de 2016 at 10:22 PM, Cult Icon said:

Interesting, I thought you lived near a farm or something, or maybe had close access to livestock.   I feel that a lot of products/services in the US are too profitable and beef is one them.  This is not good for the consumer.

I know that in Japan and in Taipei that beef is incredibly expensive.  I don't recall the prices the last time I was in Tokyo but literally it was really prices of a delicacy.  A small steak, uncooked cost as much as a visit to a steakhouse.

Well, it's not like they have much space for stockbreeding, so I can imagine beef being much more expensive in places like Japan.

But that's why I find curious beef prices in the US (from what my dad who was there some years ago told me).; you don't precisely lack land for stockbreeding and there's no little cattle there either. 

On 2/22/2016 at 2:22 PM, Stormbringer said:

^ That salmon looks great!

Well, it's not like they have much space for stockbreeding, so I can imagine beef being much more expensive in places like Japan.

But that's why I find curious beef prices in the US (from what my dad who was there some years ago told me).; you don't precisely lack land for stockbreeding and there's no little cattle there either. 

thanks, it was good.  very crunchy and oily.  Now that's a great economic question.  Throughout the world, some of the most resource-rich nations are also the most impoverished/starving and unable to take advantage of their natural endowment.

American produce/meat costs can very dramatically depending the closeness to the source and the end-user.  When I travel to Penn. and "trade" (lol) with the Amish, their costs can be 4 times lower than say, a rip-off mart in NYC or Whole Paycheck (a nickname for Whole Foods in the media, :D)).   The only decent places to shop are wholesalers like Costco/BJ's/Aldi/etc. or farmer's markets.

American overhead is very costly, this is true in most industries.  It's a service based economy, which distorts prices and high income areas also put an upward pressure on prices.  A lot of corporate-ized and "efficient" producers still remain overpriced if they are able to keep out price competition and increase their own profits.  Taxes, middlemen, etc. all take a cut.      Same thing in Europe.  In Germany I observed something similar with all manner of food prices.

Joe > Average probably can correct me on some of the things I say here.

PS. S, I like that hot dog graphic.  I always thought that the japanese (in the way that decorate and chop up foods into cute animals and such )  appreciation of food aesthetics should be more imitated throughout the world.  It is good business if it works.

My favorite hotdog meal is the german one.