Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

Ekkk...talk about a good case of culture shock. While i cant come on here and talk about how horrible it easy eating dog considering we consume beef

and India finds them sacred. I just cant come to grips knowing that poor Fido just might be the other white meat on my next dinner.....just :blink:

It may be a cultural issue but not only ... these animals are treated very badly ... :(

and usually the carnivorous animal, eats the herbivore... do not eat other carnivorous :blink: is the food chain (my englih is badddd) :ninja:

^

Are there a lot of Japanese stores in Hong Kong?

^ Oh haha cool, funny u mentioned the Mitsuwa Marketplace. I actually have been to the one in San Diego before, love that place here as well. :drool:

Interesting, I never knew that it was a franchise. There are many in California!

Another reason to love Cali that much more :whistle:

There are only two on the East coast- that one and one in Chicago. There is a small professional Japanese community that work in New York City but they're vastly outnumbered by South Koreans and the Chinese.

I can see how California would have many more locations :=D

Another reason to love Cali that much more :whistle:

There are only two on the East coast- that one and one in Chicago. There is a small professional Japanese community that work in New York City but they're vastly outnumbered by South Koreans and the Chinese.

I can see how California would have many more locations :=D

Oh we have a nice little community here too, we call it "Little Tokyo". Love that place too, still no substitute for the real thing but the food always makes me forget that :drool:

^

Are there a lot of Japanese stores in Hong Kong?

^ Oh haha cool, funny u mentioned the Mitsuwa Marketplace. I actually have been to the one in San Diego before, love that place here as well. :drool:

Interesting, I never knew that it was a franchise. There are many in California!

Oh year, more like a supermarket.

Sogo, citysuper, Mikiki, etc. :p

I have a newfound liking of freshly made Soba (buckwheat noodles). The quality of the noodle is first rate and as a quick, simple dish it's superior to other freshly made noodles. Buckwheat noodles are high in protein, composed of complex carbs, & are much lower in calories than conventional white noodles. So they're unusually filling due to the high protein/complex carb content.

Soba has a faint nutty taste and the noodles are springy..:D I keep them in my freezer and preparing them is a 3 minute job..pour boiling water out of water heater, mix with soup base, boil until bubbling, drop soba in, 1 minute...done.! And if you want to, you can prepare it with eggs, meat, vegetables, and whatever you want :D

The fresh soba is to the right. It is much superior to the dried version.

20110311soba5002.jpg

57975966577a2af091cbo.jpg