Arlenis Sosa Pena
Thumbnail

Layla90

• 3 weeks later...

posted by JD Ferguson at vmagazine.com:

09.13.08 STAR RISING

19-year-old Arlenis Sosa takes the fast track to the top

091208Arlenis2.jpg

From the Dominican Repbulic via the Met Ball, to becoming the new face of Lancôme, Arlenis Sosa is everywhere this week.

Model interview: Arlenis Sosa

Posted by Joel Stein |

Time.com

arlenissosa.jpg

I went backstage at the Donna Karan show to meet model Arlenis Sosa, who I was told is an important new face. I had to see what an important new face looked like.

The guy who discovered her, designer Luis Menieur, told me he saw her when she was 17 walking down the street in the Dominican Republic and ran after her. He presented this information proudly, as if it wasn't something one should be arrested for.

"I was with my cousins. And I was like, 'Who's that guy yelling 'Miss! Miss!'," she said. "He said, 'You have wonderful bone structure and a great body.' I said, 'Thank you, but I don't know you.'"

Thank you, but I don't know you? That's the worst I could expect if I started running after women and telling them they have good bone structure and great bodies? If that's at all true, I'm going to start trying it.

Arlenis was signed by Marilyn Model Management and within one and a half weeks of living in New York, was shot for a fashion spread in Italian Vogue, which she told me is one of the best Vogues.

The main problem with the interview was that

Thanks Sam for the video, there was Anna J. also :nicole: :whistle: :p

Well, Arlenis opened BV, that's good....and she was at Moschino also....

She had a great season in NY, not that good in Milan though. I guess, it's because there are more models of colours in fashion shows in NY? :drool: