Bellazon

Suzy Parker
Thumbnail

Dayrell

Hi guys, i saw doesn´t exist a topic for Suzy Parker here. She was the first real supermodel - a woman who knows in all world for her name.

Here is her biography in Wilipedia

Biography

Parker was born Cecilia Ann Renee Parker in Queens, New York and raised in San Antonio, Texas. Her elder sister, Dorian Leigh, introduced her to agent Eileen Ford when she was 14.[1] Parker became the "signature face" of Coco Chanel. She was the first model to earn $US 200 per hour and $100,000 per year. Vogue declared her one of the faces of the confident, post-war American woman.[2]

She made her acting debut in Funny Face (1957). Her other credits included Kiss Them for Me (1957), The Best of Everything (1959), Ten North Frederick (1959), Circle of Deception (1960) where she met future husband Bradford Dillman, Flight from Ashiya (1964), Chamber of Horrors (1966) and guest spots TV shows such as Tarzan, The Twilight Zone, and I've Got a Secret.

[edit] Personal life

Parker was married three times. Her first marriage was with high school sweetheart Charles Staton. She married her second husband, Pierre de la Salle in 1958, however, the union ended in 1961. In 1963, she married Bradford Dillman, changing her name to Suzy Parker Dillman following the marriage. She remained married to Dillman until her death in 2003.[3]

Parker had four children: Georgia, by second husband Pierre de la Salle; and, Dinah, Charles, and Christopher by Dillman.[3]

[edit] Death

She died, aged 70, following a long period of ill health that included respiratory problems, hip surgeries, and diabetes.[3]

• 11 months later...

Thanks Nico, you are right about Anne and Deborah. After I download these imagens here, I checked with 50´s and 60´s people, and they told me about Anne and Deborah. The first one - Vogue Australia - they think is realy Suzy.

Thanks Nico, you are right about Anne and Deborah. After I download these imagens here, I checked with 50´s and 60´s people, and they told me about Anne and Deborah. The first one - Vogue Australia - they think is realy Suzy.

Yeah, the first one could be...

I am surprised Anne isn't as well known as Suzy or Dorian, she was simply HUGE. Here, take a look here if you are interested.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/980451@N20/pool/

I am surprised Anne isn't as well known as Suzy or Dorian, she was simply HUGE. Here, take a look here if you are interested.

Hey Nico, thanks for this link, I didn´t know, the photos are simply amazing! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Hey Nico, thanks for this link, I didn´t know, the photos are simply amazing! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

You're very welcome :kiss:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...