Bellazon

Last movie you saw...

Legion

Silver Linings of a Playbook: 7.5/10 - Big fan of any Bradley Cooper film, Loved Limitless and he was great in this. I didn't though think Jennifer Lawrence showed a worthy Oscar Winning performance; good but not Oscar worthy!

I watched it yesterday for 2nd time. I miss these kind of movies nowadays. And I agree with you about JLaw... 

Silver Linings of a Playbook: 7.5/10 - Big fan of any Bradley Cooper film, Loved Limitless and he was great in this. I didn't though think Jennifer Lawrence showed a worthy Oscar Winning performance; good but not Oscar worthy!

I watched it yesterday for 2nd time. I miss these kind of movies nowadays. And I agree with you about JLaw... 

Haha I saw it recently for the 2nd time as well. 

When you say you miss those kind of films; what others do you like that? I thought Perks of being a Wallflower reminded me a lot of the filming type as Silver Linings. 

Any film recommendations?

When you say you miss those kind of films; what others do you like that? I thought Perks of being a Wallflower reminded me a lot of the filming type as Silver Linings. 

I haven't seen the movie you mentioned and no films come to my mind now, sorry. The two other movies I've seen recently are Her and August in Osage County, but these are different kind of films... though still good ones, especially Her. That's my new favorite! :p

I haven't seen the movie you mentioned and no films come to my mind now, sorry. The two other movies I've seen recently are Her and August in Osage County, but these are different kind of films... though still good ones, especially Her. That's my new favorite! :p

Interesting... I loaded 'Her' up on NowVideo and was just about to watch it then I read a review on from a guy on another forum I'm on saying it was awful.

It got nominated for an Oscar didn't it, so it can't exactly be bad.

What's your review of it? 

It's an interesting concept that he is in Love with a OS (be it does have the voice of Scarlett Johannsen) and the cast has some beautiful women in it. I think you have given me the spirit to give it a go...

Out of 10 what would you rate it?

City of God: 10/10 - See it, you will not regret it. Best film I've seen in years (plot revolves around the gangs in the Rio de Janeiro Favelas, in Portuguese)

Superb movie. Seu Jorge can pretty much do no wrong in my eyes. :laugh:

Sure was a cracking Knock Out Ned. Loved how they chose kids from the favelas for this movie

Interesting... I loaded 'Her' up on NowVideo and was just about to watch it then I read a review on from a guy on another forum I'm on saying it was awful.

It's an interesting concept that he is in Love with a OS (be it does have the voice of Scarlett Johannsen) and the cast has some beautiful women in it. I think you have given me the spirit to give it a go...

I would rate it 10. I really liked it. Though I understand if someone doesn't like it. Not everybody can understand the beauty of that movie. Specific kind of experience or a very emotional heart :D or open mind needed for it IMO: I recommend it to everybody, and not because of the beatiful ladies, but because it's very touching and romantic and smart. You can't see  Scarlett btw, just hear her voice, which is very sexy, and Olivia Wild just shows up for a little, and Amy Adams is not looking so good in this movie :p. So maybe it's not your movie, but you can give a try, I think it worths it.

I would rate it 10. I really liked it. Though I understand if someone doesn't like it. Not everybody can understand the beauty of that movie. Specific kind of experience or a very emotional heart :D or open mind needed for it IMO: I recommend it to everybody, and not because of the beatiful ladies, but because it's very touching and romantic and smart. You can't see  Scarlett btw, just hear her voice, which is very sexy, and Olivia Wild just shows up for a little, and Amy Adams is not looking so good in this movie :p. So maybe it's not your movie, but you can give a try, I think it worths it.

Her (2013): 8/10

MV5BMjA1Nzk0OTM2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjU2

Powerful. Emotional. Moving.

This really is a fantastically written and paced film. I can completely understand why this film won an Oscar for 'Best Writing - Original Screenplay' and surprised Phoenix didn't win an Oscar for his performance. The use of Scarlett for the voice of Samantha was brilliant; I was apprehensive at the start that they have just chosen her because she's a big A-Lister, but her performance was up there with Phoenixs and was emotively powerful, and touching throughout.

Scarlett, Amy Adams and Olivia Wilde are 3 of my favourite actresses for their superficial looks; but this film really brought them out; mainly Scarlett and Amy for their exceptional acting ability and drew away from from looks.

The concept of the film was really thought provoking, the kind of idea that I hope that we are never able to develop as we'd lose all recollection of reality.

I gave the film 8 because I don't think it is a film I would go back to watch again. I've taken the messages I wanted away from it on an emotional level but I don't think now knowing the ending seeing it again would benefit at all.

Without giving anything away; I thought something completely different was going to happen in the last scene and I'm going to research if in fact it was but was changed by the director.

Now to find something else to watch...

Her (2013) directed by Spike Jonze: Watched this at my friends house during her party. Literally thought all it would be about was some creepy looking dude that likes a computer, but like a parallel to those in the life of Theodore, I was completely wrong. I thought the movie was beautifully directed, and it had everything done at the right point. Theodore is quite a difficult character to understand at first, but I think he comes off as relatable in the sense his emotions get the best of him. Samantha I did find annoying at times, particularly when she wants the sex surrogate. Maybe I feel that way because I don't think a digital device should go off whining and taking a vow of silence when she gets angry. The ending wasn't a surprise, since I had already read the synopsis and could anyways see it coming. I think my favourite part of the movie was that Alien video game character which looks so adorable until it begins going "Fuck you shitface fuckface fuckhead!" :rofl: I'd give the movie an 8.8, whilst I do like it overall, I feel like maybe if it had some more context in the backstory it would have been clearly. It took me a good 10 minutes to actually realize he is a writer for a letter company, when at the beginning I just was like "Oh look he's already odd". So yes, 8.8/10

The Past - Another great movie by Asghar Farhadi, he seems unbeatable right now. His stories always start off slightly confusing and even mundane, and then punch your feelings in the nuts by the end of the movie. Very believable characters with believable motivations and Farhadi is clearly interested in looking at all sides of morally ambiguous dilemmas, which I really enjoy. A+ all around.

Berenice Bejo and Tahar Rahim also make one of the best-looking couples ever. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Guardians of the Galaxy : Very good, one of the best movies that I saw recently.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes : My second favorite movie of the last weeks.

Divergent : I thought that I would not like, that it would look like Twilight, but no! I liked a lot, the story, the action, the characters... :flower:

• 2 weeks later...