Bellazon

Models from the Eighties

nanook351

Thanks guys :)

I thought that maybe it would be nice to create a directory or index with the threads of all models of the eighties that exist in BZ

Totally agree

post-29932-1337288225_thumb.pngpost-29932-1337288238_thumb.png

Sara Stockbridge

post-29932-1337288254_thumb.png

Susie Bick and Sarah//Vivienne Westwood,Voyage to Cythera Collection AW90

fashionsmostwanted

"Special Nightwear Valentino" Spring/Summer 1984

Models include: Mounia, Amalia, Violetta Sanchez, Anne Rohart, Tara Shannon, and Kirat

The master :cool:

Lovely video,Spiral :thumbsup: by the way :fun: You know ,master and maestro mean the same thing... :unsure:

Very good inputs, guys!!! :hug:

Some of the models mentioned above after a fashion show of Oscar de la Renta (80´s)... Marpessa Hennink Challa, Iman Abdulmajid, Gail Elliott, Dalma Collado, etc.

Thanks,nice picture!

[indeed, I thought that maybe it would be nice to create a directory or index with the threads of all models of the eighties that exist in BZ, so, who don´t know (e.g., not knowing their names), could go to them (I think many people miss these threads through unawareness and these are very interesting). What do you think? Do you think that would be useful?]

Hugs! :wave:

I was thinking the same :laugh: Useful for sure at least for those who are genuinely interested in the history of fashion :PinkCouture2:

Hi everyone, aramis, fender & spiral! :wave:

Exactly, spiral, we go proposing names each one of us (and collect already been said here in this thread) and go up a list with corresponding links. (This work could be especially useful to identify those models whose IDs aren´t very clear for most of the public, I think).

E.g.:

Khadija Adams, Anna Bayle, Claude, Anne Fiona, Inès de la Fressange, Sylvie Gueguen, Lynne Koester, Elena Kountoura, Rosemary McGrotha, Anne Rohart, Nicoletta Rossi, Violetta Sanchez, Brooke Shields, Kasha Sobolewska, Linda Spierings, Anette Stai, Amalia Vairelli and so on.

Do you think it will be very cumbersome to do?

Isn't cumbersome.We can create a separate thread with names + corresponding links in Fashion Models (>The Female Model from the Eighties Directory in parallel with The Female Model Directory ) :wave:

Vogue Bellezza n.9 December 1983

post-42224-1337344520_thumb.jpg

Yvonne Sporre-Shiseido ad

Isn't cumbersome.We can create a separate thread with names + corresponding links in Fashion Models (>The Female Model from the Eighties Directory in parallel with The Female Model Directory ) :wave:

Serge Lutens had a unique talent to combine art with the art direction of advertising on paper and video. No one had a world like his, references Lutens handles are enormous. Definitely, a great autodidact. I love those ads of Shiseido, fender, thank you very much!

Seems to me very good idea you propose, fender. Thus not disrupt the natural flow of this thread. A sort of spin-off :)

post-57741-1337357608_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1337357619_thumb.jpg

Serge Lutens had a unique talent to combine art with the art direction of advertising on paper and video. No one had a world like his, references Lutens handles are enormous. Definitely, a great autodidact. I love those ads of Shiseido, fender, thank you very much!

Seems to me very good idea you propose, fender. Thus not disrupt the natural flow of this thread. A sort of spin-off :)

PERFECT this Renée Simonsen cover! :laugh:

Wonderful Famke, thanks missparker7!

Fender, this Linda is very ‘Let's Get Lost’*! I wonder if this campaign was photographed by Weber.. (*): the documentary about Chet Baker.

Covers: (1) Elle US - August 1986 -eyes obviously retouched (not by me)-; (2) Elle US - March 1988; (3) Elle Spain - March 1988; (4) Elle Spain - December 1989.

post-57741-0-32609100-1337634338_thumb.j

post-57741-0-14937300-1337634351_thumb.j

post-57741-0-14602900-1337634365_thumb.j

post-57741-0-13258400-1337634385_thumb.j

Totally different, of course, fender, you're right. I meant that Linda is there look a bit "beatnik refined" with the ducktail hairstyle a bit, but women and modernized variant, and also, of course, the blouse (beautiful :idk:) with borders... as bohemian, jazz extraction (I'm sorry, sometimes my mind raves :clap: ).

Jun Kano (Elle US, April 1988). She was the model of Issey Miyake´s book photographed by Irving Penn.

:ddr:

post-57741-0-79567600-1337698759_thumb.j

post-57741-0-81419500-1337698769_thumb.j

Versace ad:the photographer's name isn't printed on the page but your guess is interesting--perhaps Spiral knows?

Right off the top of my head, I can't remember if it's Bruce Weber or not, but it certainly looks like his style of photography. Come to think of it, I think he also photographed the Versace ads the following season, featuring Talisa Soto and Elaine Irwin.

Thanks for the scan btw. :clap:

Wonderful Famke, thanks missparker7!

When I first became familiar with Famke (in the late 80s) I thought she was Greek. I didn't know her last name, I only knew her as "Famke". I had never heard that name before, and she had somewhat of a Mediterranean look, so for some reason I figured she was probably from Greece. smily%20new%20one.gif

Anyway, here she is looking lovely in a Maybelline ad from 1989

post-36986-0-56384800-1337706124_thumb.j

Totally different, of course, fender, you're right. I meant that Linda is there look a bit "beatnik refined" with the ducktail hairstyle a bit, but women and modernized variant, and also, of course, the blouse (beautiful :idk:) with borders... as bohemian, jazz extraction (I'm sorry, sometimes my mind raves :clap: ).

Jun Kano (Elle US, April 1988). She was the model of Issey Miyake´s book photographed by Irving Penn.

:ddr:

Don't worry, I understand perfectly :clap: Blouse with borders...Yes,i remember many jazz musicians dressed that way,not always bohemian (John McLaughlin,Ralph Towner...)