Bellazon

Models from the Eighties

nanook351

Charlotte Lewis, model ("Special Assignments Only") and actress (Serie B films, principally), English, from Irish mother and Iraqi-Chilean father. Peter Lindbergh became infatuated with her: gave her the autumn/winter 1986/87 campaign of Mariella Burani and an editorial in Vogue Italia (February 1986) inspired by the indie film Stranger Than Paradise (Jim Jarmusch, 1984).

Martin Harrison (prologuist of the book Images of Women) and Lindbergh, behind them, some portraits of Charlotte. Image: Justin Creedy Smith.

In Cannes festival, presenting the film Pirates (1986) with the director Roman Polanski and the actor Cris Campion. A color photo of Denis Piel.

post-57741-1330959539_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1330959559_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1330959567_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1330959579_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1330961095_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1330961116_thumb.jpg

You're right, spiralshaman, the short hair blonde girl is Sophia Goth (The Fifth Element). Thanks for your input.

I leave other suggestion, the model Maria Buccellati (A.K.A. Maria Cabrera): she worked especially for Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana. Maria is a blend of Mediterranean look with Frida Kahlo, I think.

Others:

Model with pink/white plaid skirt: Florence Digne.

Model (blonde) with the orange skirt: No idea.

Model with the black veil: Suzanne von Aichinger.

Model with the camel coat: Sylvie Gueguen.

:wave:

post-57741-1331206243_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1331206307_thumb.jpg

post-57741-1331206390_thumb.jpg

Wow, great pictures. :heart: Thanks for posting them, Prejean. I especially like the Lacroix images.

I think I recognize Maria from a couple of Dolce & Gabbana shows but I never knew her name. So, it's good to connect the face with a name. :)

Maria born in New York of a Spanish father and Cuban mother and she grew up in Miami. Here's her resume as a designer and model detailed. She changed her surname -Cabrera- by her husband -Andrea Buccellati, jewelry designer and entrepreneur-.

Currently, she is the owner and designer of a brand of swimwear, MB Beach Couture.

The blonde model with orange skirt does not know her name, but she paraded a lot in the late eighties and early nineties for top designers, although her name hasn´t been widespread. If anyone can help to reveal her identity...

A kiss, guys! :wave: