Bellazon

Jill Goodacre
Thumbnail

snmkytkn

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the pics, justwastingtime. :wave:

Regarding your question about Jill's body, I don't think she was ever a plus-size model, but her body was certainly fuller than some of her model contemporaries. Back in the day (in the 80s), print models were allowed to be a bit heavier. Whereas runway models had long-and-lean bodies.

Also, I think Jill was a bit shorter than some of her contemporaries. I believe her true height was around 5'8" (or maybe even 5'7"), which although tall for a woman, was relatively short for a model.

• 3 months later...
Thanks for all the pics, justwastingtime. :wave:

Regarding your question about Jill's body, I don't think she was ever a plus-size model, but her body was certainly fuller than some of her model contemporaries. Back in the day (in the 80s), print models were allowed to be a bit heavier. Whereas runway models had long-and-lean bodies.

Also, I think Jill was a bit shorter than some of her contemporaries. I believe her true height was around 5'8" (or maybe even 5'7"), which although tall for a woman, was relatively short for a model.

I've definitely seen pictures in which Jill was definitely fuller in the face and thighs than most of her shots, and where she's from a fashion-model point of view heavy. Examples below. You're right that she was shorter than some; shorter than Cindy who was 5'9", for example (I'll post some proof soon ;) ).

I've recently realized that both she and my other semi-obscure VS fave, Heather Stewart-Whyte, had green eyes, which maybe tells you something. It's the least common eye color, and so cool, I think.

post-20341-1337082735_thumb.jpg post-20341-1337082744_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The cover is gone off of this one, but I would guess it was 86, because it was mostly Maylen Pierce in it so 86, or 87, and it appears that Jill Goodacre was only in the catalogs that came out in the fall and winter, I have a whole bunch of these, and she started to appear around that time. In the summer time period it looks like Maylen Pierce was their main attraction. And in about maybe 88, she just vanished, and Jill Goodacre took over the spotlight. I have some more with her in them but have to dig through, and some later with all the pictures everyone has become familiar with. She was in the 80's catalogs, but not so frequent.

The 80's catalogs are very rare and hard to come by. There are some people selling them for 100.00 on Ebay, so trying to keep those guys honest, or knock them off their throne, I will post these here for free.

Much appreciated! You might want to check out Capt. Bob's topics in Gen Babe Discussion; he posts a lot of vintage VS scans, though mostly from 90's and later.

Back when the WWW first started up, there were lots of tribute websites for specific supermodels, and I never could understand why there were no Jill tributes, even though her pictures were so sexy and her beauty just so intense. Maybe she was just a little too early, or maybe people's tastes just differ...