Bellazon

Barbara Palvin
Thumbnail

sarnic

adjusted translation

http://www.joy.hu/sztarok/38910_palvin_barbi_maganeleterol_szepsegtrukkjeirol_es_kedvenc_m

Palvin Barbi tells about her personal life, (szépségtrükkjeiről = ) about her beauty tricks and her favorite Hungarian dishes

The beautiful Hungarian model told us before the first L'Oréal press conference in Budapest, so we can reveal a few interesting facts in Hungarian beauty - (szépségtrükkjeiről = ) about her beauty tricks, about her favorite food and about her private life too!

JOY: As a L'Oréal beauty ambassador, do  (hansúlyt fektetsz = ) you accentuate the beauty of your skin and your hair preservation. Do you have well-established practices?

Palvin Barbi: I'm only 21 years old, so you do not have to deal with the serious skincare, I have just bought my first complete set of face care, I use the L'Oréal Hydra Fresh product line to properly hydrate my skin. I always remove makeup before sleep, I wipe my face twice (sminklemosóval = ) with smink remover. I apply hair conditioner every time I wash my hair, and sometimes I apply hair mask too.

JOY: Does it bothers you to frequently change your natural hair color for your job, or you are rather glad to be able to try out many colors?
Barbi: I like when they change my hair color, so I would be a completely different character. My favorite one was the dark chocolate brown.

JOY: Do you you make-up yourself when not working?
Barbi: If I do not have to, I rather let my skin breathe, but if I go out, I have a basic priming (?), lipstick and mascara on.

JOY: As a model you shuttle in the world, but is Hungarian cuisine still your favorite one?
Barbi: For sure. I haven't been at home for two months, I had got home on Friday and ate everything in the refrigerator, I would kill for a
(téliszalámiért = )  winter salami. [1]  And my dad prepared some paste with cottage cheese for me. I often miss a good stew, but when I'm in our apartment in New York with Stella (Stella Maxwell model, Barbi roommate - ed.), I sometimes cook a Hungarian stew for her.

JOY: With such a tight schedule, do you have time for private life?
Barbi: I have time for private life, but I haven't had a relationship since I broke up with my first boyfriend.

JOY: Do you prefer the catwalks, the photo shoots or the commercials, as e. g. L'Oréal campaigns. What kind of work do you like?
Barbi: I feel at home in commercials and photo shoots. I have always loved fashion shows, but I received a lot of criticism for my walk, therefore I had a shilly-shally -like period at the age of 17 ... but now, with the latest Chanel Show, my confidence is back.

JOY: Tell me something interesting that perhaps few people know about you among our readers!
Barbie: It's hard because I always tell you everything about myself (laughs). For example, I played football and even now I do, I sing, I read a lot - I read recently The Scorch Trials - The maze runner. I have a puppy, a Bichon Frise, his name is Carlos Alberto Monolo, we just call him Mono.

JOY: And can you carry him with you everywhere?
Barbi: No, unfortunately he's just turned a rural dog, we gave him to my grandma.

JOY: Is there a place where you have not been yet, but you would like to go to?
Barbi: I have not been to New Zealand yet, and I totally would like to go there to see the land where they filmed the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.

JOY: In the next 5 years, do you plan anything different than doing modeling?
Barbi: I would like to try everything I have the opportunity. It's still there in the air that I would like to be a lawyer, but actualities make very difficult to get to start learning, I have to travel all the time, but I don't want to get stuck with doing just modeling, in no way.

[1] http://www.itshungarian.com/hungarian-secrets/made-in-hungary/hungarian-salami/

Thank you so much for all the translations guys, there are two more! I wish I knew hungarian so so so bad!  :cry2:  :cry2:

http://pumpkin-paradise.com/palvin-barbara-szepsegnagykovet-cannes-i-elmenyeirol-meselt/

http://instyle.hu/leonardo-dicaprioval-jobaratok-lettunk-exkluziv-interju-palvin-barbaraval/

That of her weight broke my heart! I love her body as It is now, I don't understand all the critics that hurt her.. :(

I'm hoping she'll represent in these 2 years some more.. special.. L'oreal stuff. :hehe:

I hope she will stop doing thse miss manga things and starts doing some serious thing

Considering there will be another 2 years at L'oreal, there is a chance she'll do that kind of serious things.

Thank you so much for all the translations guys, there are two more! I wish I knew hungarian so so so bad!  :cry2:  :cry2:

http://pumpkin-paradise.com/palvin-barbara-szepsegnagykovet-cannes-i-elmenyeirol-meselt/

http://instyle.hu/leonardo-dicaprioval-jobaratok-lettunk-exkluziv-interju-palvin-barbaraval/

That of her weight broke my heart! I love her body as It is now, I don't understand all the critics that hurt her.. :(

Same here.. I hope she knows at least that there are people who support her. Some critics will always exist, unfortunately. Even though some people might say that critics should always exist, I believe only observations should, instead of criticism.

A big interview with Barbara Palvin & extra videos here:

She is so cute! <3 <3 <3

this one

InStyle: How long will you be at home now?

Barbara Palvin: I have no idea. I may will be traveling in the next morning. When an e-mail comes, that I have to go, I  shall go. Anyways I am happy to be here at home.

IS: What was the first thing you done after you had returned?

PB: I ate a Pick salami sandwich with Maci cheese [1], I took a hot bath, then watched an episode of Game of Thrones with my family.

IS: How do you  nourish your hair?

PB: Nothing special: I wash it, then let it dry. Sometimes I iron it, with a little hairspray and I'm done. Even if I spray my hair, usually after 10 minutes already I will tie it to a ponytail because I do not like when it hangs to my face.

IS: How do you nourish your skin?

PB: In the morning and in the evening, I wash it with cold water, and then I clean it with micelle water, and that's it. I'm young, I did not really need to pay attention to it. But I really like L'Oréal Hydrafresh face cream during flights: for  longer journeys I put on a relatively thick layer of it - it helps to protect the skin from drying during the flight.

IS: Do you drink a plenty of water?

PB: Yeah, I'm starting to get into the habit of drinking water because previously I had been drinking a lot of soda. Recently I switched to non-carbonated water and my skin can feel it's beneficial effects.

IS: Do you take care of your eating?

PB: In the past few months I started to pay more attention to what I eat. Overall, I eat much healthier than a year ago. During the last three weeks before Cannes I have been on a 0% carbon-hydrate diet and I worked out every day.

IS: What was it like in Cannes?

PB: The photographers were kind and shouting out my name, at last! Two years ago, since when I first walked on the red carpet, many mistook me for Natalia Vodianova and Doutzen Kroes.

IS: How do you choose  the clothes for the red carpet?

PB: L'Oréal has a stylist, I have so much confidence in his taste, that I this year I tried his choice of black Versace dress just a day before the red carpet.

IS: And the beautiful bright red dress you wore at the amfAR gala, it was of which designer?

PB: It was originally a La Perla lingerie, and we got a skirt sewn to it. So it was definitely made for me.

IS: And who did you meet in Cannes this year?

PB: I did not  really make any new acquaintance this year... in the end I went to only one party, a private party of Leonardo DiCaprio, which was held in a villa.

IS: Did you have a talk with Leonardo DiCaprio?

PB: Of course, I'm friends with him. As for every year, after the amfAR gala, this year too there was a party at his place, for example Naomi Campbell, Chris Brown and Kendall Jenner were there. In fact, during the recent years I have been on good terms with Leonardo. When I was in Los Angeles this January,  he sent a message to me that time too to let's meet - of course, not one-to-one. I emphasize that we are not dating and there is nothing between us, I am just on good terms with him.

IS: So basically it's a friendship that developed between the two of you?

PB: Yes. He even sent a message (greeting) for my birthday, and I do not even know when his birthday is, but it's good to know that he knows when mine is. (Laughs. - Ed.)

IS: Congratulations to your Lagerfeld parfume campaign! Karl must love you very much, because he regularly invite you to Chanel shows and now there's this campaign.

PB: This year there was also a Chanel dinner in Cannes, they did not want to call models, then finally they invited Cara Delevingne, Natasha Poly, Soo Joo and me, so this is a big thing.

IS: How do you imagine yourself 10 years later?

PB: I want a husband by that time already. I'd like to have a boyfriend...

IS: And is there a candidate?

PB: No, there's no one.

IS: But there must be a lot of men wooing.

PB: Sure, but that's different. I do not know why there is no one. I may not be ready. Maybe I need a half year, until my personality fully evolves, after then I might meet someone, when I will be 100% satisfied with myself.

S: Where will you spend this summer?

PB: I can not really plan ahead, but by all means  I'll go for a week with my family on vacation and I do not want to miss the festivals.

IS: Which one is your favorite?

PB: Maybe the Balaton Sound. If we'll rent a house there, it'll be almost like if I would go on holiday with my friends too.

IS: According to you, which is the best city in the world?

PB: Budapest.

[1] http://m.cdn.blog.hu/ho/homar/image/200901/medve1.jpg