Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Instagram video:

https://instagram.com/p/-dWASFJmhW/

Scott Feinberg ‏@ScottFeinberg

THE REVENANT: Chivo will win 3rd in row, Leo probably wins 1st and pic is too close to call -- gorgeous but gruesome, with several walkouts.

Leo: "To tell you the truth, it's all a beautiful blur to me... was very much like performing theater... unhumorous SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE"

Leo: "It becomes like independent filmmaking" working with AGI and Chivo.

Leo: "This was the most difficult film that I think any of us have done."

Kristopher Tapley ‏@kristapley

The craft of "The Revenant" is beyond reproach, which really makes me wish it was in service of something more profound on the page.

Sasha Stone ‏@AwardsDaily

Can't give a quick take on Revenant. Need time to process. Beautifully filmed. Showcase for Leo. Violent.

Sasha Stone ‏@AwardsDaily

Leo is such a gracious person. A climate warrior. And he might finally be winning an Oscar with The Revenant.

Gregory Ellwood ‏@TheGregoryE

The Revenant features some of the most magnificent shots I've ever seen on film. Bravo Chivo and Alejandro. #oscars

DiCaprio is incredible in The Revenant. Tom Hardy I'd good but slightly one note. #oscars

The Revenant should land a best picture nod for its artistic achievement but not enough emotion to win. #oscars

Stuart Oldham ‏@s_oldham

Leo, with more grunts than actual words in "The Revenant," likened his performance to a silent film.

Scott Mantz ‏@MovieMantz

Blown away by #TheRevenant! Breathtaking, visceral, mesmerizing! A work of art! #LeonardoDiCaprio is sensational!

Kyle Buchanan ‏@kylebuchanan

THE REVENANT is physically persuasive, emotionally remote, Malick with machetes

Anne Thompson ‏@akstanwyck

The Revenant is very Malick with minimal dialogue, dreamy voiceovers, and stunning Lubezki visuals plus Sakamoto score. Actors superb.

Anne Thompson ‏@akstanwyck

The biggest applause was for Lubezki and DiCaprio. Mix of Academy and press. Elvis Mitchell moderates large panel.

Hollywood Elsewhere ‏@wellshwood

Beautiful, brutal, immersive, steeped in icy brutality, mad delirium, artful oppression…an ordeal of blood, agony, survival, snow, wounds.

“The Revenant” is an experience I’ve never had before…totally it’s own beast. This is not a movie for sissies. A friend often hid her eyes.

Great cinema can feel hard, difficult, awesome, almost too much. But it always sticks with you. I’m presuming “The Revenant” will do this.

Jenelle Riley ‏@jenelleriley

Every actor in The Revenant is excellent. But I think Domhnall Gleeson impressed me the most.

I just cant wait to see it !!! And i see the oscar talk is back on ....

More positive reviews :clap: Awesome! Though I do see some people saying this film is not for everyone which I understand. Inarritu has a style that isn't, and sometimes these movies that have little dialogue can loose people. I'm really intrigued!

Forgive me if this one was posted. From IMDB:

Just got back from the screening/Q&A at the Academy an a couple quick things:

1) The film is outstanding. Much more a fan of this than "Birdman" - which I like quite a bit, however I still prefer "Steve Jobs". Would still be happy tho if this took Best Pic.
2) Leo > Fassbender
3) Tom Hardy will not lose the Oscar
4) If Lubezski doesn't three-peat it'll be a crime.
5) Lots of cheers and clapping during the credits and a standing ovation a Leo walked onto the stage.

Oh, and that Bear scene - holy *beep* Give it all the Oscars!

Glenn Whipp (@GlennWhipp)

11/23/15, 11:17 PM

REVENANT's best shot for Oscar is Lubezki, @LeoBale2. Too soon to say about DiCaprio. Film's shocking brutality will be too much for some

With The Revenant Leonardo DiCaprio Delivers Most Challenging Performance Yet

The Oscar race hasn’t really changed now that The Revenant’s been seen. It has confirmed its place, especially if you were thinking of it as a nominee for Best Picture, but perhaps not the winner. For a film to win Best Picture usually means you can sit anyone down in front of it – cashier, stripper, teacher, princess, president, security guard, nanny – and they will get it if not love it. That’s because thousands of people vote to call it the best. How can you get thousands of people to agree your movie is good? What Alejandro G. Inarritu is going for with The Revenant is to make a piece of art more than a general crowdpleaser. And while the review embargo has not yet been lifted, there are a few things that can be discussed.

You can check all of the boxes for nominations — especially in the tech categories. The cinematography is beyond anything I’ve ever seen because I don’t know if any crew has attempted anything like this, ever. You might have to go back to the 1970s, when filmmakers were still kind of, sort of allowed to experiment on this scale. The score is also breathtaking. The art direction (Jack Fisk) is subtle because nature is really the art director here but it is nonetheless authentic, very McCabe & Mrs. Miller looking. Tom Hardy is as strong as expected for a supporting nomination. The sound design of the film is probably going to be one of the hardest contenders for Star Wars to beat. But really, more than anything, The Revenant is two things – a love letter to the natural world that we have all but destroyed in our thirst for more “things” and the bravest, hardest thing Leonardo DiCaprio has ever done.

The Revenant’s shoot was famously trying, since they used all natural light, filmed remote wilderness terrain in and among the harsh elements so that you will have never seen anything like it. That meant, as an actor, DiCaprio interacted immersively with both the real and raw aspects of nature and whatever torments Inarritu was putting him through that day. DiCaprio has turned in the kind of performance actors win awards for because he did something no one else has ever done and probably never will do in their lifetime – – not to this extent – with a demanding director whose work here is uncompromising. That made DiCaprio’s work likewise uncompromising.

I can’t write a review though I’m dying to. I can only speak vaguely about general impressions and Oscar prospects. In terms of the Best Actor race, it still feels down to where it started with Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio in competition for the win, with Michael Fassbender and Sir Ian McKellen very much “in the conversation” to win. Probably whether DiCaprio wins or not will depend on how the movie is regarded overall. Then again, he is so overdue now that it might just be an easy thing for voters to do, whether they like the movie or not.

We live in a time of snap judgments, of people like me coming out of screenings and proclaiming the Oscar prospects minutes later. Is that good or bad? Maybe a little of both. Either way, I can’t wait to write a proper review for the Revenant – and to tell you the truth, I’m not all that interested in the insta-tweets about it either. I do agree with Jeff Wells, though, who said he’s never seen a movie like The Revenant. Hats off to all involved for even attempting it.

Source

Going by the NY tweets below there was a Revenant screening with a Q&A with Leo & Inarritu in New York tonight

Not Andy Colburn ‏@TheAndyColburn

The Revenant prescreening w/ Q&A with Alejandro and Leo. Oh boy

Joey Magidson ‏@JoeyMagidson ·

Seated for The Revenant and apparently the only one still under embargo, so don't expect a reaction to it just yet.

Eric Walkuski ‏@ericwalkuski

About to see #TheRevenant. If I don't leave the theater visibly battered and bruised, I consider it a failure.

Marden ‏@marden_peterson · 2m2 minutes ago

I'm front row to see the revenant and see Leonardo DiCaprio after and the theatre gave us free popcorn and soda, good Tuesday

Joseph Terranella ‏@joeterranella · 7m7 minutes ago  Manhattan, NY

The Revenant screening with Aaron and Leo @baftany (@ AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 - @amctheatres in New York, NY) https://www.swarmapp.com/c/0iTx91JtH2m

Wow what a great choice of person to interview Leo & Inarritu at tonight's NY screening = Marty rhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gifrhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gif

What a great treat for the screening audience

RON HENRIQUES ‏@RonHenriques · 1m1 minute ago

About to watch #MartinScorsese interview #LeonardoDiCaprio & #AlejandroGonzalezInarritu for #TheREVENANT

Calibi, Jade, and Kat

Wow , a goldmine of screening tweets & pix to return to , I love it I%20dont%20know.gifI%20dont%20know.gif

What a surprise ,I had no idea there was a Revenant press conference yesterday , love the pix :woot:

Some NY reaction tweets from tonight's screening

Editor of Fandango

ErikDavis ‏@ErikDavis · 1h1 hour ago

THE REVENANT is hard to watch, but you can't stop watching it. Cold & brutal. Gutsy & relentless. It attacks you like a wild animal.

Editor of First Showing

Alex Billington ‏@firstshowing · 1h1 hour ago

The Revenant is a Malick-esque beautiful, grueling, cold, brutal tale of survival and revenge. Breathtakingly authentic, cinema to behold.

Also going by what he is tweeting tonight Steven Zeitchik film critic of LA Times will give it a good review when embargo breaks

Steven Zeitchik ‏@ZeitchikLAT · 1h1 hour ago

Beyond the baroque blood of The Revenant lies a potent parable of the perils of pioneerism

Steven Zeitchik ‏@ZeitchikLAT · 1h1 hour ago

Not sure why, in a Hollywood that piles up the bodies, anyone would balk at the artfully shot & grittily earned violence of The Revenant

Steven Zeitchik ‏@ZeitchikLAT · 49m49 minutes ago

Could not imagine a more timely moment to make a movie about ethnic conflict, nativism, otherness and revenge #TheRevenant

 Paulette Ivory ‏@PauletteIvory · 17m17 minutes ago  Hollywood, Los Angeles

Saw #TheRevenant & it completely blew my mind! Director #alejandrogonzález is a TRUE genius. Savage, raw & brillant! Oscar bound for sure

Love this girl's 2nd tweet :p

Courtney Howard ‏@Lulamaybelle · 1m1 minute ago

#TheRevenant: Iñárritu doubles down on Herzog & Malick, & raises the bar for himself, spinning a riveting tale w/ gripping visual poetry.

Courtney Howard ‏@Lulamaybelle · 5m5 minutes ago

I'd also buy the shit out of Leo's canteen in #TheRevenant .

Thanks Ox and Jade~

So Details Mag December came out (with maybe their last issue?) and Leo isn't on the cover. The GQ December Issue with the Men of The Year came out also and no Leo. So either Leo is going to be on a January cover or theres still Esquire or Rolling Stone or even EW for a major mens magazine cover for December still hasn't come out!

Thanks Ox and Jade~

So Details Mag December came out (with maybe their last issue?) and Leo isn't on the cover. The GQ December Issue with the Men of The Year came out also and no Leo. So either Leo is going to be on a January cover or theres still Esquire or Rolling Stone or even EW for a major mens magazine cover for December still hasn't come out!

It's looking like will be a january magazine.  

From Leo's friend and wolf producer :

@JoeyMcFarland: #THEREVENANT is unrelenting in ferocity & beauty. A visceral survival epic, rich visuals & brutality. #Leo owns it https://t.co/45sy8e20D4

Others:

@nepalesruben: There was no best picture frontrunner until Alejandro G Inarritu's #TheRevenant came along--a cinematic masterpiece. https://t.co/l1J04tGjvE

@JimmytotheO: #TheRevenant is a sight to behold! A cold and calculated tale of survival with terrific performances! @RevenantMovie @joblocom

@devincf: THE REVENANT: technically brilliant and as cold and barren as its landscapes.

@katerbland: Deep truths THE REVENANT confirms: Domhnall Gleeson is wildly attractive, Tom Hardy is always unintelligible, Leo really wants that Oscar.

I'm not interested to jump on the oscar train, but maaaaaaaaaaaaan, if Leo would win this time maybe this silly debate would finally stop. I can't hear/see it anymore :Angel: It's so annoying that no matter what project he's interested in immediately brings the oscar discussion/joking in the game. Slowly he's turning into 'the actor who wants that oscar' like 'always the maid never the bride' :yuckky:

On the other hand there're worse things than constantly giving oscar worthy performances for an actor, right? :p