Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

How would you all have responded to Calvin Candie having a biracial child from his slave Sheba? It was something that happened a lot during that time period and French men actually built a town for their mistress and children, I guess that's where QT got the ideal of Greenville at nigh and Cleopatra club from. All the talk about being in love with a black person is a power emotion that will have caught and so on have me wondering if he was in love with Sheba because he spoke as if he know first hand what it's like and he did keep her close to him (eating at the same table, buying her fancy clothes, letting her sit in on business), this is just coming to mind after seeing Revenant trailer (one of the character saying "half-br**d son" to Leo).

In fact, Sheba and C. Candie were lovers... but their kissing scene was cut from the movie.  Now about them having a child, it's another story because his character was insane, so IDK.    :idk:

Hello : ) 

I found this site on Google and i decided to join! I am from Italy and of course i love Leo! I always follow updates about him on the italian fansite. 

As my first post I want to be useful and share the link to an interview of the director of Cowspiracy who says interesting things about Leo:

http://www.leodicaprio.it/interviews/portfolios/leodicaprio-it-meets-keegan-kuhn/

I haven't seen it here, i'm sorry if it's a double post! 

xox

Welcome!!

Jade

Tks for Leo & Kelly JFK clip :p

Josephine_loves_leo

Welcome :wave:

Tks for clip :)

Kat

Tks for Leo/La sighting :)

Due to lack of many new pix or sightings since Leo's been in LA , I'll be glad when he returns to NY next week for Directors Guild of America Honors to present honor to Thelma Schoonmaker on Thursday Oct 15th make%20it%20clap.gif

How would you all have responded to Calvin Candie having a biracial child from his slave Sheba? It was something that happened a lot during that time period and French men actually built a town for their mistress and children, I guess that's where QT got the ideal of Greenville at nigh and Cleopatra club from. All the talk about being in love with a black person is a power emotion that will have caught and so on have me wondering if he was in love with Sheba because he spoke as if he know first hand what it's like and he did keep her close to him (eating at the same table, buying her fancy clothes, letting her sit in on business), this is just coming to mind after seeing Revenant trailer (one of the character saying "half-br**d son" to Leo).

In fact, Sheba and C. Candie were lovers... but their kissing scene was cut from the movie.  Now about them having a child, it's another story because his character was insane, so IDK.    :idk:

You're right, Calvin was insane but his personality is that of many men from that time period. They considered blacks to be inhuman, property, and disposable (hint, the run away slave fighter being eaten alive but Calvin and his men left no sympathy). Calvin showed opposite signs towards Sheba, he showed love and affection so one would guess they slept around because she was after all his personal pony. Considering the fact protection wasn't popular it would of been highly likely for her to become pregnant. The thought of Calvin being a father is crazy but it would of made his character more complex because after all he contradict his self by being in love with a slave but at the same time he called Dr Schultz a "n" lover. I hope I'm making sense lol.

You're right, Calvin was insane but his personality is that of many men from that time period. They considered blacks to be inhuman, property, and disposable (hint, the run away slave fighter being eaten alive but Calvin and his men left no sympathy). Calvin showed opposite signs towards Sheba, he showed love and affection so one would guess they slept around because she was after all his personal pony. Considering the fact protection wasn't popular it would of been highly likely for her to become pregnant. The thought of Calvin being a father is crazy but it would of made his character more complex because after all he contradict his self by being in love with a slave but at the same time he called Dr Schultz a "n" lover. I hope I'm making sense lol.

Yes, you are making sense... and that would be very contradicting, IDK if would work on the movie plot.   :idk: I think wouldn't have space for this discussion because the main suject in the movie was Django's revenge and he was the main character, so.  But anyway, the movie already showed the almost father/son relationship of Calvin and Stephen.  

Yes, you are making sense... and that would be very contradicting, IDK if would work on the movie plot.   :idk: I think wouldn't have space for this discussion because the main suject in the movie was Django's revenge and he was the main character, so.  But anyway, the movie already showed the almost father/son relationship of Calvin and Stephen.  

It was hard for him to see someone he practically raised get murdered right in front of him. I never thought of their relationship that way until you said something. Stephen being much older and wiser plus he was the one who guided Calvin into seeing how he was getting played. It's funny how Calvin had to be the one teaching Stephen on how to properly treat guess, to look pass color (the irony because he's a slave owner). I get what you're saying. I QT said in a interview he let certain scenes speak for themselves because of the time.

It was hard for him to see someone he practically raised get murdered right in front of him. I never thought of their relationship that way until you said something. Stephen being much older and wiser plus he was the one who guided Calvin into seeing how he was getting played. It's funny how Calvin had to be the one teaching Stephen on how to properly treat guess, to look pass color (the irony because he's a slave owner). I get what you're saying. I QT said in a interview he let certain scenes speak for themselves because of the time.

Exactly. 

Thanks Ox! Really nice pics, and Leo looks hot :drool: :drool: Question, who is the short older woman with the red shirt?

Anyways perhaps where he was going, that day, was a blue and white party :p I noticed Sabina wearing blue and white too that day. Or maybe it's just a major coincidence all 3 are in those colours :p

Sounds like your right :p

Revolutionary Ride

Leonardo DiCaprio zoomed in L.A.'s Silverlake neighborhood en route to a party on Oct. 10.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/hot-pics/revolutionary-ride-20151210#ixzz3oMn6iQh4 
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook