Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Possible new project! Sounds like quite the interesting story...

Leonardo DiCaprio Courted For Don Winslow’s ‘The Cartel’ After Fox Blows Competition Out Of Water With $6M Commitment

Fueled by Ridley Scott’s commitment to direct, Fox won an auction for screen rights to The Cartel, the new Don Winslow drug epic that settles the score between DEA agent Art Keller and Mexican drug kingpin Adan Berrera, a battle that began with Winslow’s 2006 novel The Power of the Dog. The studio is already moving fast to capitalize on all the money it has spent, courting Leonardo DiCaprio to play the role of Keller, and this one looks promising. What other actor would be more perfect to carry a hard R-rated drama than DiCaprio, who followed The Wolf Of Wall Street with the upcoming The Revenant?

The behind the scenes on this deal is just fascinating. Fox paid money you rarely see for books anymore, with north of $1 million for The Cartel, about that much for The Power of the Dog, and a commitment of near $6 million for book rights and screenwriting fees for the two. Just as interesting here are the other alternatives that Winslow had for a book that has been drawing out and out raves since it was published.

Winslow and his partner in the deal, Story Factory’s Shane Salerno (who’ll write the script), chose Fox over several intriguing options, because of Scott. The filmmaker covered the drug terrain with the Cormac McCarthy-scripted The Counselor, and as riveting as that movie was, its bleak premise and harsh drug violence limited its gross. This one is potentially more commercial in a sprawling crime epic Godfather kind of way. DiCaprio was interested for his company Appian Way, but that never got far once Fox made this humungous offer and the deal was done. There was also the lure of an episodic commitment from HBO that would have been spearheaded by True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto, and a personal appeal by Yann Demange, the red hot director of the indie gem ’71.

Now that the dust has cleared, I’m told that Fox is already making overtures to DiCaprio (his Appian Way could still be part of the project if a deal gets made) for Keller, the DEA agent who early on befriended Berrera as he was a drug dealer on the way up–depicted in The Power of the Dog–leading to a bloody feud between them that breaks out again in The Cartel after he escapes from prison. Winslow’s two novels tell a devastating story about the futility of the drug war, but trade reports portraying this movie as somehow telling the story of Sinoloa cartel drug kingpin El Chapo are really reaching, from what I’m told.

Sony Pictures also chased this, as did Jerry Bruckheimer for Paramount. The film’s being produced by Scott Free’s Michael Schaefer, and Salerno. DiCaprio has a relationship with all the players here; he starred for Scott in Body Of Lies, and Scott almost directed The Wolf Of Wall Street. His Appian Way is working on an adaptation of Winslow’s Satori as a producing and potential star vehicle, with Winslow and Salerno.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/leonardo-dicaprio-courted-for-don-winslows-the-cartel-after-fox-blows-competition-out-of-water-with-6-million-commitment-1201484196/

this sound ecxiting !!!

Hello Girls: I am from Argentina and I live in Patagonia  but far from Leo films ( unfortunately ) because  Tierra del Fuego is the most austral region of our country. 

appart from this, it is told that Leo is in Argentina since 4 days but press have been paid not to divulgue this notice. 

I was told by a friend who lived in Rio Gallegos ( very closer to  this ) that he is in the hotel, he is very nice to people  but he is alone with all the troup of filming equipment people. 

in my opinion , beeing a middele aged woman who followed leo since Titanic , i hoped that he saluted his fans and was closer at first but  it seemed that  it wouldn t be happen .

up to now the news.

he also took photos with the crew of the hotel but they firmed a secretely contract not to tell or show pics , if not they would be dismissed from their jobs. ( sounds very drastic to me )

i hope when he returned to his country pics appears    in social nets.

about his personal life i am not agree with all the crew of model girl .... but its his life . but as a mom i would like him someday marry and have children . i believe he never fall in love with anybody, so he lives a superficial life. its my opinion, of course, i wish him happiness some day

thanks a lot for the pics you posted , very nice pics.  :clap: greetings from argentina 

i

Thanks Jade! Looks like they were from the same day as the DM cuddling pics. Looks like they are either separated from their group for the outing or are on a public boat at some port or something because the people surrounding them aren't their crew.

And thanks silviti for the info, but judging by all the pics coming out that are definetly not all from the same day, safe to say he isn't in Argentina yet :/ 

jade: thanks for the pics.

silviti: thanks for the info. 

According to Clarín article from Argentina Leo arrived in Ushuaia, in july 26. A lot of sites are reporting so I guess it's an official info, and Argentina press is saying it will be only 4 days of filming...  :idk: guess they started today. 

http://www.clarin.com/extrashow/fama/Leonardo-DiCaprio-filma-Ushuaia_0_1401459999.html

I see Jacob Tomuri just now posted that he's flying into Ushuaia. Who knows... Maybe Leo flew in today too :idk:

Even if they aren't ready to start filming and they are still setting up, hopefully leo is there/ will show up soon. Because if the rest of the cast and crew is there, it would seem proper for Leo to be there too instead of on vacation. But again, we'll see. :)

Latest post from Tom Hardy that is a good sign that Revenant final filming is about to begin , and that either Leo arrived Monday or is in his way today

Love Tom's caption with the pix ; one can tell he feels , like we feel, about this endless film shoot :p

post-52324-0-1446088232-07489_thumb.jpg

Kat, Jade, & Barbie

Tks for all the pix of Leo & Kelly :heart:

When Leo goes to Ushuaia, I don't think he'll go by himself. I feel at the very least, his mom/Dave or Lukas will go with him. The rest of the crew are still in the South of France, those two individuals I spoke of have yet to post for the day. But if they were in Ushuaia, I feel they'd post about it as it it is an interesting place, what with it being "the end of the world." I mean it's possible they are currently on their way... but I feel they are all still together in the South of France. Atleast they appear to be going back to where they started, maybe it means the vacation is coming to a close.