Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Barbie

Yes, I , too, enjoyed Domhnall Gleeson's performance in About Time

When it was announced that he had joined the cast, I was curious as what character he would play, and when they finally listed his role in the film I realized he was playing the Capt/leader of the expedition that Glass was scouting for .

Fash

As Linz said , that is a gif from a commercial that Leo did , I'll have to see if I can remember which one :p

Cute interview with Leo's Revenant costar Tom Hardy talking about matching Leo's beard and crying during Titanic

I love Tom , and I can't wait to see these two working together again.

I bet they will have lots of fun in between takes

http://video.vanityfair.com/watch/tom-hardy-thinks-rose-could-have-saved-jack-in-titanic

Fash

Tks for more Leo commercial links :)

Wonder how often he'll be able to leave Canada during the duration of this film shoot. In the part of Canada he's in its already snowing, that's crazy. :o Also, looks like it could get kinda boring up there. Good thing he'll probably always have someone from his family and friends at any given time to keep him company. Including Toni as well when she's not too busy. :)

Wonder if we'll even get set pics of him, I'm getting kinda doubtful that we'll be seeing much.

From HR : Clintons to Honor Leonardo DiCaprio's Environmental Activism (Exclusive)

The actor will receive an award at a star-studded Manhattan gala hosted by Seth Meyers

The Clinton Global Initiative will mark its 10th anniversary with a star-studded Manhattan gala and internationalized awards ceremony Sept. 21, honoring, among others, Leonardo DiCaprio for his environmental activism and the former president of Kosovo, Atifete Jahjaga, for peacemaking.

While the initiative’s annual meetings always have attracted an A-list of the world's activists, along with movers and shakers from commerce and government, this year’s celebratory anniversary includes an expanded entertainment component. Seth Meyers will host the gathering’s kick-off event, the 8th annual Clinton Global Citizen Awards, featuring performances by Aloe Blacc, Natalie Merchant, Jason Mraz and Raining Jane and The Roots. The awards themselves will be presented by former Secretary of State Madeline Albright, Eva Longoria and Randy Jackson, stepping away from his duties as the event’s music director.

“Collaboration and turning ideas into action are core to the ethos of the Clinton Global Initiative and the Clinton Foundation, where partnerships in global health, education and fighting climate change are improving the lives of millions of people around the world,” Chelsea Clinton told The Hollywood Reporter. “Hollywood likewise relies on collaboration to bring creative visions to life and has been an excellent partner to the Foundation across a number of our efforts. My family is grateful that some of the most talented, caring and engaged artists in entertainment will help us shine a light on this year’s Clinton Global Citizen Award honorees and their extraordinary commitments and work to strengthen communities around the world."

Former President Bill Clinton, who will attend along with former First Lady and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and their daughter Chelsea, launched the awards to honor outstanding individuals in civil society (including the entertainment industry, philanthropy, public service and the private sector), who exemplify global citizenship through their vision, leadership and impact in addressing global challenges.

Apart from DiCaprio, who recently donated $7 million to protect the world's oceans, and Jahjaga, who not only promoted reconciliation with Serbia but also EU membership for his nation, this year’s honorees include Greg Asbed and Lucas Benitez, for their work on behalf of farm workers throughout the United States, and Hayat Sindi, for her efforts to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship among young people in the Middle East.

Jackson, who is in his second year as the event's music producer, said it's important that the performances at the awards ceremony reflect the "collaborative effort so that speaks to the core of what the Clinton Global Initiative is all about."

"There will be all types of music from all walks of life," he said. "The impact of the Clintons' work around the world is just astounding. I've met Bill and Hillary over the years. What they've done is just amazing to me. It's about trying to change the world and I wanted to be a part of that."

Just as the annual Davos meeting in Switzerland has become the premier international form for those hoping to profit from the globalized economy, the Clinton Initiative has become the year’s top international forum for those interested in social and environmental change. This year’s gathering will bring more than 1,000 global leaders from business, government, and civil society to create and implement “commitments” — programs designed to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges. To date, members of the CGI community have made more than 2,900 commitments, which are already improving the lives of more than 430 million people in over 180 countries.

Along with the Clintons, this year’s attendees will include President Barack Obama; Jordanian King Abdullah II ibn Al Hussein; Mary Barra, chief executive officer of General Motors Company; Matt Damon, co-founder or Water.org; Melinda French Gates, co-chair and trustee of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; Jim Yong Kim, president of World Bank Group; Jack Ma, executive chairman of Alibaba Group; former Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson, Jr., chairman of the Paulson Institute; Ginni Rometty, chairman, president & CEO of IBM; Darren Walker, president of the Ford Foundation; and Muhammad Yunus, chairman of Yunus Social Business — Global Initiatives.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/clintons-honor-leonardo-dicaprios-environmental-731964

Fash

Looks like we are going to have another photo opt before he begins filming Sept 29th at this Clinton Envt gala make%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gif

As like you , with the shoot involving desolate /mountainous areas , far away from any signs of civilization, I doubt we'll be getting

to many film set pix, though I hope we get a least some :)

Yes, noticed it is already snowing there, so I guess, the weather conditions will ,also, limit how much we'll see him on the street when not filming

Nice comments about Leo from a girl ,who is now directing her first film , talking about when she worked at Leo's Appian Way

Things started to take off professionally when she landed a job at Leonardo DiCaprio’s production company, Appian Way, and at Misher Films in both development and production.

“This was a great experience because I was able to learn a lot about the star-driven side of the business,” Janiak says. “I was able to learn a lot about the star-driven side of the business and my 16-year-old self was pretty excited to get to work with Leo. This was right when ‘The Departed’ came out and right before ‘Blood Diamond’’s release. He was in and out of the office and just nice, smart and as down-to-earth as I think you can be when you’re a huge movie star.”

http://www.news-herald.com/arts-and-entertainment/20140910/northeast-ohio-native-leigh-janiak-directs-her-first-hollywood-movie-a-horror-flick

More movie news from Deadline Hollywood regarding the Richard Jewell project

EXCLUSIVE: Paul Greengrass is circling to come aboard and team with Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill in the Fox film they are making about Richard Jewell, the heroic security guard who discovered a suspicious backpack in the Olympics compound during the games in Atlanta in 1996. He was soon vilified as a possible terrorist, and his good work in helping clear bystanders from the area before the bomb exploded turned into a trip to the Twilight Zone. Script is by Billy Ray, who scripted Greengrass’s Captain Phillips.

The film is based on Marie Brenner’s 1997 Vanity Fair article The Ballad Of Richard Jewell, and the plan is for Hill to play Jewell and for DiCaprio to play a Southern attorney who who knew Jewell casually. The lawyer, who mostly did real estate closings, seemed over his head but guided Jewell through the demoralizing nightmare that signaled the downside of the advent of the 24 hour news cycle. The FBI finally cleared Jewell’s name three months later. The film will be produced by Appian Way’s DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson Killoran, Hill and Kevin Misher, the latter of whom brought in the article. Misher Films’ Andy Berman will also have a producing role. Mike Ireland is overseeing for Fox. Hill and DiCaprio were eager to set up another project together after they had such a good time making The Wolf Of Wall Street, for which both got Oscar nominations.

jeweI am not positive this will make with Greengrass, but the director has an affinity for non-fiction films where small people being beaten up by the system. He’s covered those topics in Bloody Sunday, United 93 and most recently, Captain Phillips. He’s repped by CAA.

http://deadline.com/2014/09/paul-greengrass-richard-jewell-leonardo-dicaprio-jonah-hill-832787/

Thank you all for the updates! I guess this quietness/no leo sightings will be going on for a while now :ninja: 

Cute interview with Leo's Revenant costar Tom Hardy talking about matching Leo's beard and crying during Titanic

I love Tom , and I can't wait to see these two working together again.

I bet they will have lots of fun in between takes

http://video.vanityfair.com/watch/tom-hardy-thinks-rose-could-have-saved-jack-in-titanic

Love Tom :hehe: