Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Nice tweet from Mission Blue founder Sylvia Earle regarding Leo, as well as, nice remarks about Leo posted on her Facebook page under their

pix

Sylvia A. Earle

Thank you to Leonardo DiCaprio for hosting our Netflix Mission Blue film last night in Hollywood! You are an inspiration and one of my true ocean heroes!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=657385294356648

Tweet from associated editor of L.A. Magazine who attended last night's Oceana event

Kari Mozena ?@karimozena · 5h

Lovely @Oceana event yesterday. Leo rockin' a ponytail and beard. Looked good! pic.twitter.com/jyv5lO1B6T

oceana33.jpg

Also this year the art event that Leo helps co host for LACMA will honor Quentin Tarantino & Barbara Kruger

Super Fete T.N.T: Quentin Tarantino and Barbara Kruger to be Honored at LACMA’s Art+Film Gala

The best party in town just got even better. LACMA announced that the honorees for their Art+Film Gala (November 1st) will be filmmaker Quentin Tarantino and artist Barbara Kruger. Tarantino and Kruger up the ante on the 4th annual super-bash thrown by Eva Chow and Leonardo DiCaprio that draws some of the biggest names in town. Gucci will again be the big-time sponsor. Kruger’s career has spanned 40 years and Tarantino will hopefully lure stars to the bash like Samuel L. Jackson, Brad Pitt, Kerry Washington (she’s attended previously), Christoph Waltz, Uma Thurman (she’s walked past Urban Lights before), John Travolta, and Bruce Willis. No word on the menu yet, but we won’t rule out a Royale with cheese

Variety article about last night's Oceana event; has excerpt from Leo's speech to crowd

Leonardo DiCaprio Honored as Oceana’s SeaChange Party Raises $1.4 Million

As this year’s honoree, DiCaprio gave a final speech, a plea to the audience to continue donating to the protection of ocean wildlife. He harkened back to his life before becoming an actor, and his dream to be a marine biologist.

“When I was 11 years old I heard about the manatees in Florida and how these docile, peaceful creatures were being injured and wiped out by human activity,” said DiCaprio. “I donated five dollars in a small manila envelope to a local organization in Florida that was working to protect these manatees and it gave me hope that there was something we could do every day, proactively, to save them.”

http://variety.com/2014/scene/vpage/leonardo-dicaprio-oceana-seachange-summer-party-raises-1-4-million-1201284900/

Excerpt from a recent Night with Al Pacino event in Las Vegas ;unfortunately the article doesn't state exactly what he said about Leo

“I spend my own money on these films, which isn’t very smart,” he says, chuckling. He would be fine with signing up for the next blockbuster film, but adds, “Who knows what a blockbuster is going to be?” He praises contemporary stars such as Leonardo DiCaprio and films including the recent box office smash “Guardians of the Galaxy.” “I took my kids to see it, and, if I were their age, I’d still be in the theater,” he says. “It was great, just great.”

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-report/2014/aug/17/frenetic-powerful-unforgettable-night-al-pacino-mi/

Love the smile and look in his eyes :)

LA Confidential Mag ?@lacmagazine · 2h

Had a blast at the 7th annual #SeaChange Summer Party benefiting @oceana this weekend w special guest @LeoDiCaprio pic.twitter.com/tK7ps1Xn2A

oceana4.jpg

More information regarding Leo's Oceana speech /what others said about him in introduction

DiCaprio addressed the audience:

“Allow me to get straight to the point. I truly believe that saving our oceans is the most important struggle of our time. As an avid diver I’ve been lucky enough to dive in places all over the world, including Australia, the Galapagos, Belize, and Thailand. I’ve witnessed first-hand not only the beauty that our oceans have to offer a diver, but everything they have to offer humanity.”

“We have an obligation to protect our planet and all the species that inhabit it, and that is why I’m here today to celebrate Oceana’s achievements. For me and my foundation, Oceana is an absolute no-brainer to support because they deliver tangible results and that’s what we need. We need someone to deliver tangible results in this fight.”

Oceana CEO Andrew Sharpless spoke of DiCaprio’s deep commitment to protecting the oceans:

“The oceans are immensely important to Leonardo. He is an avid scuba diver, traveling around the world to dive with sharks, marine mammals, and other ocean creatures. Earlier this year, the DiCaprio Foundation donated $3 million to Oceana, which will allow us to expand our conservation work in the eastern Pacific Ocean — from the high Arctic to Chile’s fabulous seamounts. Leo’s grant is unique, because it acknowledges that each of these Pacific Ocean ecosystems are interconnected, and must be protected and restored together.”

Actor and longtime Oceana Board Member Ted Danson mingled with guests and shared his gratitude for DiCaprio’s support:

“We are celebrating Leonardo DiCaprio today. He in his own right does amazing things for the planet and the environment. He has been incredibly generous with Oceana.”

http://thehollywoodtimes.net/2014/08/18/leonardo-dicaprio-continues-fight-for-the-oceans-at-oceana-seachange-summer-party/

Thank you Ox and Barbie for all the amazing updates Flower%20for%20you.gif And he raised even more money for the Ocean, well done :chicken:

Also Leo was nominated by David Beckham for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge! I hope leo accpets :chicken: smily%20new%20one.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/ice-bucket-challenge-david-beckham-4074961

I hope he takes on the challenge!! Can't wait to see it lol!

Thank you Ox and Barbie for all the amazing updates Flower%20for%20you.gif And he raised even more money for the Ocean, well done :chicken:

Also Leo was nominated by David Beckham for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge! I hope leo accpets :chicken: smily%20new%20one.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/ice-bucket-challenge-david-beckham-4074961

I hope he takes on the challenge!! Can't wait to see it lol!

Same here, go and get wet Leo. :hehe:  :ddr:

David was also the one that told the media that he wants Leo to play him in a movie.

When I heard of this ice bucket challenge I immedidiately thought of the Titanic interview where Leo said he was very temperature sensitive, so the water scenes were very hard for him. :p

hmm would be interesting to see Leo playing football :p and he'd need to get in shape and it would be awesome if he ever plays his role :p

and fash, can you link me the video you have gif from on your avi ? I don't think I've seen it :idk:

From Elle interview with Rhianna , the quote 'she lives by ' turns out to be one from Leo :)

Do you have any words to live by?

"Avoid obviousness." That is a quote by Leonardo DiCaprio. That's what makes you create something, that's the excitement, that's the thrill.

http://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/make-it-reign-rihanna

Kat

Tks for Leo & Toni pix from Leo's St Tropez gala :)

David was also the one that told the media that he wants Leo to play him in a movie.

When I heard of this ice bucket challenge I immedidiately thought of the Titanic interview where Leo said he was very temperature sensitive, so the water scenes were very hard for him. :p

hmm would be interesting to see Leo playing football :p and he'd need to get in shape and it would be awesome if he ever plays his role :p

and fash, can you link me the video you have gif from on your avi ? I don't think I've seen it :idk:

It's from this vid, at about the 40 sec mark. :)