Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Interesting article about how Leo was responsible for Florence the Machine's song at end of Mission Blue documentary

always, because we’re not paying the big Hans Zimmer bucks.

You end the finale with a heavy-hitter: Florence + the Machine's “Never Let Me Go.” That was like a perfect match.

Yeah, when Netflix saw this film in Berlin, the ending wasn’t like that. The ending wasn’t really working. It needed more of a big pump — a bigger ending with a big song. Honestly, I was not happy with it, and thank God they gave us a little money to redo some graphics and some [of the] ending and my voice-over. I’d always had that song in my head. I’d always thought [Florence] was kind of the voice of Sylvia. We were having trouble getting the song. Leonardo DiCaprio wrote her a letter, and she gave us the song. We were lucky.

DiCaprio is pulling lots of strings for this one.

The thing is he’s an environmental friend of mine, so I think he cares about this stuff. So, he definitely helped us getting that song, because that wasn’t easy.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/08/cove-director-fisher-stevens-on-netflix-documentary-mission-blue.html

Kat

Yes, Leo's broad shoulders & arms looking good :drool:

From Hollywood Reporter, Leo's acting coach Larry Moss talking about working with Leo on Aviator & Wolf of Wall Street

beginning with The Aviator, which earned him his first of three Best Actor nominations.

“We listened to a lot of audio of Howard Hughes talking and he had about three notes in his voice, except when he was with somebody that he trusted, then he would have three more notes,” Moss sums up the eccentric entrepreneur’s speech patterns. “He was very monotone. So [we were] finding those particular specificities of vocal melody and points of view and the pivotal event in the character’s life that propels them into the story.”

For The Wolf of Wall Street, he offered counter-intuitive advice for DiCaprio that ran opposite the less-is-more ethos adhered to by most actors. “They say you have to be subtle in film, well that’s bullshit. Sometimes people aren’t subtle,” he says of Jordan Belfort, the real-life scoundrel portrayed by DiCaprio. “We said he’s a dick, but my God he’s having so much fun. The episode with the Quaalude, he talked a great deal with Jordan as well as the medical people about what does a brain do under the drug. Both Marty and Leo are working toward mastery in each movie, a passion for the work that is beyond being famous or powerful.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/a-dark-dark-house-director-725649

Fash

Tks for pix of Leo & Django :)

I would love to see a pix of Leo and Vinny holding their pups Django and Oreo :p