Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leo will participate in the South by South Lawn Festival on Oct 3rd

Latest White House tweet :clap:

The White HouseVerified account @WhiteHouse 36m36 minutes ago

Exciting news: @POTUS will be joined by @LeoDiCaprio for a conversation on combating climate change at #SXSL: http://Wh.gov/SXSL

southbysouthlawnfestivaloct3rd.jpg

Calibi

Tks for Leo /Nina /Caprini vid :smile: 

More about upcoming South by South Lawn Festival

At this year’s SXSW, President Obama was a Keynote Speaker. During his conversation he challenged creative thinkers and entrepreneurs from across the country to help tackle our toughest issues.

On Monday, October 3, inspired by SXSW, the White House will put on its first-ever festival, celebrating that spirit of innovation with sessions, musical performances, the White House Student Film Festival, and a group of interactive booths featuring hands-on exhibits.

Today the White House announced the lineup for South By South Lawn: A White House Festival of Ideas, Art, and Action with a compelling program that includes President Obama in conversation with Leonardo DiCaprio and Dr. Katharine Hayhoe; a discussion on pushing limits with James Turrell and David Adjaye; performances by The Lumineers and Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings; and appearances by The Duffer Brothers and the cast of Stranger Things.

SXSL calls on every American to discover their own way to make a positive difference in our country while celebrating the work so many Americans have already accomplished.

The festival, presented in coordination with the American Film Institute (AFI), the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities (PCAH), the National Park Foundation, and South by Southwest, will be streamed live at SXSW.com/live, WhiteHouse.gov, and Facebook.com/WhiteHouse.

Join the conversation using #SXSL to share your ideas and see what others are doing to help change our world. And stay tuned for more announcements regarding the event.

President Obama in Conversation with Leonardo DiCaprio and the Domestic Premiere of Before the Flood

President Obama will join Academy Award-winning actor Leonardo DiCaprio and climate scientist Dr. Katharine Hayhoe for a discussion about the importance of protecting our planet for future generations.

Following the conversation, attendees will watch the domestic premiere of DiCaprio’s new climate documentary film Before the Flood presented by National Geographic in a first-of-its-kind film screening on the South Lawn of the White House.

https://www.sxsw.com/news/2016/sxsl-lineup-announced-leonardo-dicaprio-lumineers-stranger-things/

I'm not quite sure if this video was posted before, I remember I saw this interview on tv at Oscar's night but I don't know if was posted here.

But this one I think was never posted on the thread, at least I never saw this vid before, new to me. Leo thanks people after he got his Oscar.

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

@MariLerman I'm sure he does appreciate fans. Sometimes im afraid he may think all his fans are like crazies like mean posters on JJ or andrea :sad:

Exactly! And I sometimes think that maybe he thinks all the fans are crazy about only Titanic and Jack Dawson, 
but that's not true, righ?  persnally I started loving Leo this much after Blood Diamond movie.
Sometimes I hate the fact that he is very, very private person :sad: we need and do deserve recognition! :D:actor:

But he did acknowledge his fans and said he was very grateful for us here. It'd be nice if acknowledged us more but just because he's not publicly talking about us doesn't mean he's not grateful for us. We don't know what he thinks and feels privately. He's said time and time again in interviews how grateful and fortunate he is to have the career and support he has. And to be honest many of his so called fans, at least online, constantly make fun of him or only like the young Leo from the 90's so if it's true that he's wary about his fans, I don't blame him. 

@kayyy Yr right a lot of "fans" are so disrespectful of him and his privacy I completely understand how he may be hesitate. But he often signs autographs. I think he just wants to do his job and make films and have a regular life too

@MariLerman I agree maybe he feels that he wants a normal private life for himselfb and is just trying to have one but gets papped and fans want his pic. Remember the joke he played on Jonah,b that must happen to him all the time imagine how unnerving it is. He gives us the best gift, his talent in films

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

@kayyy

@MariLermanHe gives us the best gift, his talent in films

you got that right!!!!!! he always gives magnificent performances & makes great movies & that's the best gift for us Leo fans & that's the way he shows his love toward his fans ,IMHO!!!!!!!!!

BIG THANKS dear Leo fans for the wonderful Leo goodies :flower:

Thank you ladies so much for all the amazing updates! Looking forward to many new dapper Leo pics with his white house event and his movie premiere :chicken: 

About Leo and his fans I have no doubt he appreciates his support, but I think, if it's any evidence by some JustJared posters, that many of those fans can be cruel and unfair to his girlfriends or people around him. I'm sure these people have told Leo of this (cue Nina responding to and following Leo accounts on insta), which maybe why he may resent some of his fans. I think he knows society as a whole are huge fans of him and have been rooting for him for some time now, and he often stops to take pictures or sign autographs but I can imagine he finds some of his fans annoying, immature, and just quite rude. Which is unfortunate because I feel like these negative supposed "fans" drown out the thousands of good fans. (negative drowning out the positive is something we all can relate to) :/

But I have no doubt he is a seemingly kind and caring man, and is very humble so I am sure he is thankful for the support  as a whole :hehe: 

From People and article about Leo's  Before the Flood docu plus the film's trailer :clap:  :clap:

http://www.people.com/article/leonardo-dicaprio-before-the-flood-trailer-debut?xid=rss-topheadlines&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

still.jpg

Calibi & Barbie

Tks for updates :flower::flower:

Shadow

Definitely agree :thumbsup::thumbsup:

He gives us the best gift, his talent in films

10 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

From People and article about Leo's  Before the Flood docu plus the film's trailer :clap:  :clap:

http://www.people.com/article/leonardo-dicaprio-before-the-flood-trailer-debut?xid=rss-topheadlines&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

AMAZING I can't wait to see it!!! I'm excited that this message is going so mainstream. 

I'm also excited to see Leo in moments that we've never seen him in before. Being candid, real, and comfortable :heart: Also saw him pushing a little girl on the swing, wonder who that was. Perhaps one of Emily Maces kids? :heart: