Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

16 hours ago, FashionDream said:

i believe he presented Best picture... but still dont see why he needs to be in the pic. But seeing leo and Tom in the same pic is pretty rare ( cant even remember if theyve ever been pictured together)... so its interesting to see i guess :idk:

they've been pictured together once at the GG 2009 and i think thats Jay-Z with them 

dicaprio leonardo tom cruise golden globes 2009.jpg

15 hours ago, FashionDream said:

Matt Damon looked rather unimpressed when The Revenant won best picture :p 

he looked so bitter and it was kind of funny :whistle:

4 hours ago, FashionDream said:

Thanks for the pics Barbie :) 

Emmanuel Lubezki (The Revenant) won the ASC last night.

It's probably safe to say that Leo and Lubezki will both win the oscar ... and after winning BAFTA for Best Director and Best Film ... not bad at all. Could be a huge night for "The Revenant" cast and crew at february 28th :p

Thanks ALL for the many pics and clips. What a great night for Leo and all of us :thumbsup:

And thanks katch for the people mag scans :flower:

4 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

It's probably safe to say that Leo and Lubezki will both win the oscar ... and after winning BAFTA for Best Director and Best Film ... not bad at all. Could be a huge night for "The Revenant" cast and crew at february 28th :p

Yup for a long while lots of people have said best actor and best cinematographer will win. Some even said that it could be likely that the film only wins those two Oscars. But after AGI won DGA...he became the frontrunner in his category(although not considered quite a lock yet) funny that before BAFTA a lot of the experts were predicting The Big short and now a lot of them switched to the Revenant now. :p One guy is saying that DGA + BAFTA almost always = Oscar. But then PGA winners (big short) usually win the Oscar too.,.. So this year is absolutely insane. Combined with how best picture is picked using a preferential ballot, I think anything is still possible :p  One of the editors even pointed out that he thought the Revenant probably wouldn't win best picture at BAFTAs because the last time a film won BAFTA best picture without a screenplay nomination was in the 80's. But obviously it still won. AGI won back to back DGA despite the odds.  The race is actually fun haha. :chicken: I mean I still really really want the Revenant to win but knowing Leo will most likely win has me feeling relaxed over all. I guess not for the distributors for each of the films, they must be going nuts now

Thanks for the updates.

wonder how much we'll be seeing of Leo between now and Oscar weekend in 2 week (well technically less than 2 weeks) :p Oscar round tables perhaps :) 

From People Magazine 

Inside Leo's Big Night Out: DiCaprio Parties with Revenant Costars After BAFTAs Sweep

Leonardo DiCaprio had reason to celebrate after The Revenant ruled the BAFTA Awards Sunday night.

DiCaprio took home the best actor award (and adorably thanked his mom during his acceptance speech!), while the film scooped up best picture and best director, alongside best sound and best cinematography.

After reuniting with his Titanic costar Kate Winslet at the awards show, the actor celebrated the big wins at The Weinstein Company afterparty at the Rosewood London.

DiCaprio, 41, arrived at around 1:30 a.m. and stationed himself by the dance floor with a few friends. The party featured roaming sax and trumpet players as well as a DJ, bongo player and even a flame-firing tuba player. 

The actor had changed out of his tux and into a checkered shirt, a light jacket and his trademark cap drawn over his eyes. His friends were also dressed down in baseball caps and jeans.

The party was also something of a Revenant celebration, too, as his group included costars Will Poulter and Paul Anderson. Though he didn't dance, DiCaprio was all smiles, laughing and joking with his pals and a group of models who were also in attendance.

http://www.people.com/article/leonardo-dicaprio-revenant-costars-bafta-awards-afterparty 

Thanks to all for the latest Leo pix , news, vids, scans, and award news :flower:  :flower::flower:

http://lci.tf1.fr/jt-we/videos/2016/le-20-heures-du-14-fevrier-2016-8715203.html

Here is the link to see the french interview from last night, it starts at 32mn. I'm really really sorry that you have to hear Leo speaking in french in the movie, it's horrible lol

I tried to focus on what the translater was saying and not them because I couldn't hear what they  were saying so forgive me, it's not the most beautiful english and probably not he exact words they used :angel:

Congratulations on this movie which is an ufo in the cinema industry especially because it's an incredible acting performance. You're portraying a man that refuses to die a man willing to find his limites

That is true, what makes us go on against all odds, what makes a man go on when he has lost everything ? About the film and all existential questions it raises found answers at the end of the shooting because we've really been there pushed to our limits,

I've never been in a movie where my character has so little to say and I wanted to say even less because I was passionate about expressing emotions without any words.

Hugh Glass is a survivor, everybody is trying to survive in this movie, for me he represents kind of an outsider in this new world

The bear attack in the movie is something we've never seen before, how did you proceed to do it, did you use a real animal ?

(Alejandro) the scene represents the whole drama of the movie and the character, its necessary to the credibility of everything coming next in the movie. If the scene was well done the movie would have great foundations and be convincing. It asked for a lot of research, this is really the way a bear kills a human being. I wanted the audience to get into the scene like a spiritual ghosts from another time and witness the birth of the new nation that are the USA. I wanted to people to feel closer to the hero, so that could understand his suffering and everything he's going to endure, even physically. It's 360°C emotion It's pure cinema, it's a come back to the origin of cinema, to me at least.

Leonardo I would like to come back on the conditions of the shooting, everything you have endure. Is it possible to play that role without ourself being cold, hungry, hurt ?

As far as a professional undertaking It's the biggest and most difficult challenge I had during my whole carrer, the most difficult experience for everyone on set. We knew we were going in to a great aventure and that in the end we would find a meaning to why they were there.

What was the most difficult part of the shooting ?

You know shooting scenes like the bear scene weren't the most difficult part but instead those unexpected moments like when you have only 30mn to shoot or when we had to walk with a wet fur during sub zero temperatures. The whole movie is lost in an artistic blur and it's difficult for me to pick one moment but the whole thing was en endurance test and it's incredible because human beings can adapt to pretty much anything, this is the principal lesson we took from this movie

(Alejandro) If was so cold that he was unconscious most of the time so he's trying to remember but he can't, he just come to life very recently.

My brain forgot everything.

About the landscape, those are really incredible, did you want to put the human back to his place ?

(Alejandro) Not so long ago this was our life, our environment,  what we still belong to. To certain people this looks like science fiction but it's a world that actually existed and that is now a lost world. Our system decided to destroy everything but once, those landscapes were terrifying and extremely beautiful at the same time. it determined how you would get ill or how you would die, the landscape is a character in the film.

For this role you won a Golden Globes, in a few days there will the Oscars, The Revenant is the movie with the most nominations, 12, on a personal level it is your 5th nominations, you never won an Oscar would you happy to get for THIS movie ? (what a bitch lol that was my personal comment)

(and here goes the same answer as usual, that was my personal comment too) To me wether I win or not is totally beyond my control, all we could do is give everything for this film and we did. But mostly, with 12 nominations I'm happy that the Academy chose to distinguish this film in particular because I think it's a very daring movie.

(Alejandro) To be able to make this film a survive it it's already a reward.

We're thankful that we were able to do this film because only a few people can say they had the opportunity to make a movie like this one.

(his "merci beaucoup" killed me as you can imagine :D)