Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Change in thank you speeches announced today at Oscar luncheon, so that we know what to expect Oscar night :) 

Show producers David Hill and Reginald Hudlin unveiled their idea to keep Oscar speeches to the mandatory 45 seconds. Hill discussed a Thank You scroll at the bottom of the TV screen which would list people in the winner's life they wished to thank.

This scroll would prevent reading lists and make for more meaningful speeches, said Hill. Hill added that the people thanked in the TV scroll would have "a permanent record of your gratitude" and that screen grabs of the scroll could be "framed and kept in the family forever."

Just Jared has Oscar luncheon pix

http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/3572290/leonardo-dicaprio-oscars-2016-luncheon-09/

leonardo-dicaprio-oscars-2016-luncheon-09.jpg leonardo-dicaprio-oscars-2016-luncheon-01.jpg

The Weeknd sure is tiny, Leo is definitely the best looker of those 3. Also, I loved those new pap pics. Leo's stomach appears flat and it was nice to see him casually dressed with backwards baseball cap again. I had to do a double take at first I thought those pics might have been old, I guess because it reminded me of past pics when he dressed similar and was younger. He looks younger, to me, when he dresses like this.

Guess Leo was probably celebrating the Superbowl yesterday, found this pic with this little girl :heart:

Anyways shes also got a pic from yesterday with the Dallas Cowboy's cheerleaders, and Nikki also posted a similar photo yesterday :)

Kat

Love the pix that Weekend posted ,  tks, for pix of Leo & him , as well as, cute one with lucky little girl :)

Also noticed his fellow nominee and pal Mark Ruffalo was near Leo in that vid

It seems we can always count on E's Marc Malkin to get a pix of Leo for us :p

Sorry, but Gosh im tired of the #oscarssowhite thing, for the rest of award season wish they'd just focus on the nominees and give that a rest (they cant change anything now, whats done is done for this award season) after the Oscars they can talk about it all they want.  I didnt click the Daily Mail link but saw it written in the headline link

8 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Kat

Also noticed his fellow nominee and pal Mark Ruffalo was near Leo in that vid

Didn't even spy Mark!

--------

According to this Devil with Scorsese is still going to be a long time coming :ninja: Interested in what this Conquest film could be about..

What is known right now is that Paramount is currently backing DiCaprio’s next pairing with the great Martin Scorsese, namely an adaptation of The Devil in the White City, Erik Larson’s beloved, brilliant non-fiction novel on Dr. H.H. Holmes, one of Chicago’s most notorious serial killers, and the architect Daniel H. Burnham, who molded the 1893 World’s Fair. Right now, that film will follow Scorsese’s long-gestating look at the life of Frank Sinatra, called simply Sinatra, while Scorsese’s long-awaited passion project, Silence, is looking to see release later this year. Meanwhile, DiCaprio doesn’t have his next film planned as of yet, and Conquest might very well be that project, although he’s keeping very busy as a producer of Ben Affleck‘s anticipated Live By Night and, less exciting, Robin Hood: Origins. Only time will tell what exactly Conquest is about, and what DiCaprio’s next big move will be following the Oscar race.

http://collider.com/leonardo-dicaprio-conquest-movie-paramount-the-revenant/

Kat

As to vid , I was just so happy to see a 'vid' of Leo at event ,  as with him not doing a press interview , we didn't get our usual video of him

Yes, I'm anxious to see what will be Leo's next film project, I'm crossing my fingers for Devil in White City :)

3 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Kat

Yes, I'm anxious to see what will be Leo's next film project, I'm crossing my fingers for Devil in White City :)

I saw somewhere on IMDB (can't find it now) that this "Conquest" film is actually based off of "Conquest: The Chronicles of the Invaders." When I google for a Conquest book its one of the most popular searches that comes up. I assume Leo would play the father role? Unless they change up the character roles and age them a bit more, to have Leo play the male love interest?

Written by Revenant writer and Joy writer are apparently on board too:

Deadline reports Paramount beat out other interested studios to close a deal for Conquest. It’s described as a “star vehicle” for DiCaprio, but details beyond that are scarce. Smith is writing the screenplay, and John Davis (Joy) will produce. DiCaprio’s production shingle Appian Way is not involved, as far as we know. No plot details have been revealed, and we don’t even know what genre the film will be — though given the title and the names involved, we’re gonna go ahead and guess it won’t turn out to be a lighthearted comedy.

http://www.slashfilm.com/leonardo-dicaprio-conquest/

Doesn't sound like a role or a film Leo would normally do, nor one those producers or writers would write. But maybe he's looking to venturing into some different types of films? I'm all for that :thumbsup:

Here is a synopsis of the book:

“A beautiful book…one that should not be missed!” (The Guardian): The first in a stunning science fiction trilogy, this mesmerizing novel introduces a world where young rebels must unlock their powers to rescue humankind from a powerful alien rulership.

Earth has been invaded by the Illyri—a beautiful, civilized, yet ruthless alien species. But humankind has not given up the fight, and Paul Kerr is one of a new generation of young Resistance leaders waging war on the invaders.

Syl Hellais is the first of the Illyri to be born on Earth. Trapped inside the walls of her father’s stronghold, hated by the humans, she longs to escape. But on her sixteenth birthday, her life will change forever. Syl becomes an outcast, an enemy of her people, for daring to save the life of one human: Paul Kerr. Only together do they have a chance of saving not only each other, but also the planet they both call home.

For there is a greater darkness behind the Illyri conquest of Earth, and the real invasion has not yet even begun…

http://www.amazon.com/Conquest-Chronicles-Invaders-John-Connolly/dp/1476757135

---

Unless their is another Conquest book/story out there that it will be based off of and the IMDB writer was wrong. I personally would love to see Leo in a movie like this :thumbsup: 

Interesting that possible 'Conquest' project... thanks for the little maybe background katch. Even if I'm not completely convinced to see Leo in a young adult sci-fi adaption - and it's a trilogy; at least the books are. But agree would be really something new for Leo :p

Thanks ALL for the oscar luncheon pics. Leo looks dapper as always :heart:

Found this information about Mark Smith /screenplays in old Deadline Hollywood article from 2013 , I  may be totally wrong, but I wonder if the mentioned film project about Harald Hardrada, the 11th Century conqueror  who has been called the last great Viking king is what this newly mentioned project may be about

That the idea that he was a  'conqueror'  led them to name the film   Conquest  :idk: 

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has made a preemptive acquisition of King Harald, a pitch that Mark L. Smith is writing as a potential vehicle for Leonardo DiCaprio. The subject: Harald Hardrada, the 11th Century conqueror who has been called the last great Viking king. The deal also calls for a blind script deal for Smith, who scripted The Revenant, a New Regency project that has Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu attached to direct, and a potential cast of Sean Penn and DiCaprio.

Harald will be produced by DiCaprio and his Appian Way partner Jennifer Davisson Killoran. King Harald was King of Norway for two decades, but his quest for power and thirst for battle led to his being exiled for a time to Russia and then returning in triumph. The film envisioned is a Braveheart-style story. DiCaprio, a history buff, has long been interested in headlining a Viking movie; he had once circled a film about Viking warriors that Mel Gibson was to direct. Smith is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.

http://deadline.com/2013/08/warner-bros-appian-way-set-pitch-for-viking-epic-on-king-harald-558327/

Marinebing

Tks for scans from French magazine , I wish we had a US cover with that same pix :)