Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leo came in at Number 2

Vulture's 100 Most Valuable Stars of 2013

2. Leonardo DiCaprio The Star Who Started Smiling Again The fun he had in Django Unchained and Great Gatsby was contagious.

For years, Leonardo DiCaprio was out to prove himself as more than just a teen heartthrob. He was a serious man. An actor. The plan worked, as DiCaprio became a favorite of A-list auteurs like Martin Scorsese, Christopher Nolan, and Steven Spielberg, and their collaborations scored dozens of Oscar nominations (and a Best Picture win for The Departed) and a lot of money (Inception earned $825.5 million total worldwide, while The Great Gatsby pulled in $348.8 million around the globe). There was just one thing missing: a smile.

The formerly impish star hit a brick wall with the dour, roundly ignored J. Edgar, and it seemed to spur him to once again show off his more lighthearted side. As Django Unchained’s Calvin Candie, he was both giddily wicked and brutally cruel, and he mounted a full-on, I’m-a-movie-star-dammit charm offensive in Gatsby. Both films scored at the box office, and early glimpses of his next movie, Martin Scorsese’s Wolf of Wall Street, were highly GIF-able, suggesting DiCaprio at his most hedonistic and appealing. His studio value is second only to Brad Pitt’s, because while DiCaprio is still popcorn-blockbuster-averse, he’s the best way to get audiences into Hollywood’s most expensive adult fare. That’s why in our rankings he lands in second place: He doesn’t have anything lined up past Wall Street, but can do whatever he wants next.

Someone on IMDb mentioned that the new Wolf trailer has arrived at movie theaters this week. This person works at the theater and says they already watched it. There's no date given but "Coming Soon". Hopefully this means it will be released this week.

The theatre I work at had the trailer this weekend. (So, yeah...I've seen it a couple times now.) It's a good trailer. I wasn't a big fan of the first trailer, but this one made me want to see the movie.

Calibi: Love all the goodies you always come to bring :dance: Well that means the trailer should be coming any second now considering its already playing in theatres. Also pretty flattering choice from Vulture!

Sadako: love the girls reaction :p

Ox: Thanks for the tweet, I would love to see them come together for a movie!

Forbes mentions Leo as one of the 3 true movie stars today :D

And for now, it is surely time to place her alongside Will Smith and Leonardo DiCaprio as one of the very few out-and-out, indisputable movie stars left in the industry.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2013/10/16/sandra-bullock-is-now-one-of-hollywoods-biggest-movie-stars/

And for now, it is surely time to place her alongside Will Smith and Leonardo DiCaprio as one of the very few out-and-out, indisputable movie stars left in the industry.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2013/10/16/sandra-bullock-is-now-one-of-hollywoods-biggest-movie-stars/