Bellazon

Football

goose

post-20523-0-1446013767-07766_thumb.jpg

I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. You get all philosophical about getting relegated, start making jokes about going to Yeovil and Brentford next season, and they go and do something like this. Back on the bloody roller coaster!

Hooray, hooray, the new Villa think tank have found a cure! Too bad its for insomnia. 

I found myself guffawing at the Sunderland result, even if its rather against my own interests. Jose Pigeon Face looked mightily peeved, didn't even tickle the press pack's bellies, the grumpy scamp. Still, those text messages to the ol' ball and chain must be arriving earlier and earlier, bless.

No wonder Fergie's getting rid of his wine collection, the guilt of being half cut when he picked Moyes has clearly consumed him. Watching Hodgson's mind slowly unravel at Liverpool was a sad sight to see but Moyes turned into a crumpled shell of a man right from day one. You just knew that he knew it wasn't going to work.   

The number of 180-degree turns I've seen in the media today has made my head spin, but a 'closed shop' arrangement between two Glaswegians was always going to be out of step with the rest of the footballing world. It's highly unlikely that we'll ever see a managerial appointment like it again.

The number of 180-degree turns I've seen in the media today has made my head spin, but a 'closed shop' arrangement between two Glaswegians was always going to be out of step with the rest of the footballing world. It's highly unlikely that we'll ever see a managerial appointment like it again.

Hold the phone, not every club sends an elderly Glaswegian to tell, er, I mean 'anoint' their mate, er, I mean 'excellent contemporary' as manager? Bloody hate modern football!    

Is it just me or did Jose's latest stroke of 'tactical genius' play right into Simeone's hands on Tuesday evening? The Chelsea-Atletico return leg will now require both teams to score, only Atletico will have the luxury of receiving better value for their goals against a more expansive Chelsea side shorn of their best defensive players. :idk:

Also, Bayern really blew it last night. Not taking shots from distance when you have the likes of Schweinsteiger, Robben and Kroos at your disposal is bordering on criminal.

Real's record in Germany is pretty dire so I still see the Munch squeaking through. I don't read too much into this post-title 'slumber', last night was the first game of importance they've had since the second leg of the Moyesterplan (not to denigrate their dispatching of Kaiserslautern in ze cup) though they could certainly do with Francky ending his tired Start Playing Rubbish Just In Time For A Major International Tournament routine. Naturally I hope they lose, so really it doesn't bother me a jot. 

Abominable. Inept. Gutless. A club on the brink of oblivion.

But enough about Birmingham City, let's talk Villa! *cue sitcom laughter track*

No but seriously, that wasn't very nice at all. In fact that was terrifying in its brutal simplicity. I don't want Nathan Baker in my life any more, its that simple. Apparently Yacouba Sylla wants to leave well HERE'S THE CAB FARE, FELLA. Bruce hates us and would take tremendous delight in beating us next week and I suspect several Biblical miracles will need to occur for us to get the point we crave. The rest is up to Norwich and Fulham.