Bellazon

Football

goose

You have to feel for Sunderland, City barely lumbered out of second gear all afternoon but for this frenetic little spell at the beginning of the second half during which they just so happened to deliver two pinpoint silver bullets, one of which was so fantastically silly that it may have been directly lifted from an edition of Roy of the Rovers. After that you knew it wasn't to be.     

Another wacky result in our wacky season! Can we pretend to play Norwich every week? Lambert seems to delight in sticking it to his former employers though of course I knew Wes "Messi" Hoolahan would have a blinder today after our doomed romance during the transfer window. At least he refused to celebrate his goal, bless 'em. Anyway, things were looking a familiar shade of bad until Big Ben offered a moment of unparalleled genius to set us on our way. Great win, great response.

VIL1-1NOR.gif

A piece of wizardry there from Benteke. Momentarily caught myself hoping for a 7-1 finish to eclipse our shellacking at Villa Park last season, but I would have taken anything that kept Norwich within touching distance!

Didn't know this place had a football thread! Loving this season. I Have no idea what's happened to Arsenal at all.  Yes they may have got Ozil but there is a reason that Mourinho had problems with him at Madrid and it seems that Wenger completely overlooked that. I really wanted them to do well and win this season. They were the only unsettled team, Everyone else had new managers n players n such so really it was there for the taking.

Oh well.

The big problem with Özil, although he's been looking rather jaded and decidedly uncomfortable as of late, is that he hardly has anyone to assist at the moment. His downturn in form coincided with the absences of Walcott and Ramsey (and perhaps Oxo-Chambo to a lesser extent), the kind of players he loves to provide through balls for.

Definitely agree with the Ramsey thing. Since he's been out its been a struggle for Ozil and Arsenal. My only other problem with Arsenal is that there seems to be this miserable attitude surrounding everyone. Anelka, van persie, gallas, nasri were all very childlike in their ways. Complaining and moaning if things didn't go to plan and it seems to spread throughout the club. How many times do we see them flapping their arms up and down complaining about each other. Gets on my nerves.

They need some positivity around them.

When Alaba missed his penalty for Bayern, I think it was mandzukic that walked upto him and shook his hand as if to say "oh well, don't worry about it" Patted him on the back and carried on. Compare that to when Ozil missed and Wilshere stood there with his arms in the air shaking his head. They really need to support and work for each other otherwise they aint winning nothing, ever.

Rant over.

The big problem with Özil, although he's been looking rather jaded and decidedly uncomfortable as of late, is that he hardly has anyone to assist at the moment. His downturn in form coincided with the absences of Walcott and Ramsey (and perhaps Oxo-Chambo to a lesser extent), the kind of players he loves to provide through balls for.

It's easier to get assists if the guy you are passing to is called Cristiano Ronaldo. :yes:

Gus Poyet, you've been Cattermoled!

Yes, in the biggest crash back down to earth since Felix Baumgartner jumped out of his spaceship, we lost to Hull Tigers in dismal fashion for the third time this season. I wouldn't mind seeing them win the cup though, provided the players make an attempt to throw Brucey up in the air afterwards.

Lee Cattermole strikes me as the kind of guy who could set fire to his house just by pouring milk onto his cereal.

:rofl:

There's always been more to Cattermole's game than just mindless old-school thuggery, but problems invariably arise when tiredness sets in, because it seems to affect his brain more than his legs. And you can tell when something's about to happen by the look on his face. The club should invest in some sort of facial recognition software to use on him during a match so the moment that glazed expression appears, an alarm sounds and Gus knows to sub him.