Bellazon

Football

goose

Oh my dear sweet West Bromwich Albion, we gave you 2-0 leads in the first ten minutes of both games and you've ended up with a grand total of one point. :brows:

Only caught the highlights of the game, but I very much enjoyed Diego Lugano's tragicomic performance art piece!

Hodgson gingerist? Adrian Durham says yes!

Why doesn’t anyone talk about Jack Colback for England? Is it because he’s ginger? How many gingers have worn the Three Lions with any success? Alan Ball in 1966 of course. But since then Ray Parlour scandalously won only 10 England caps, Paul Scholes quit England because he was being wasted on the left, and that’s about it. I’m not saying Colback should be picked because he’s ginger. But he certainly shouldn’t be overlooked because of the colour of his hair.

What is it with us playing at home these days? Our opponents seem happy enough just to sit back and wait for the terrible backward or square passes we seem to gift them at least once per game. I don't know what was worse, the horrendous attempt at a simple ball by Bardsley, or the idiotic challenge by Brown immediately afterwards. I'd rather be 1-0 down with a full compliment of players on the park than 0-0 and a man light after 3 minutes, but that's just me.

What is it with us playing at home these days? Our opponents seem happy enough just to sit back and wait for the terrible backward or square passes we seem to gift them at least once per game. I don't know what was worse, the horrendous attempt at a simple ball by Bardsley, or the idiotic challenge by Brown immediately afterwards. I'd rather be 1-0 down with a full compliment of players on the park than 0-0 and a man light after 3 minutes, but that's just me.

Maybe if we'd shown up in the first half we'd have given Cardiff the thrashing they so clearly deserved. Easily the worst team we've faced all season, I'd bet the proverbial farm that they're Gunnar get relegated. Definitely two points dropped.

Delighted by the past few days at BVB, absolute demolition job of the rancid Bremen and now into a cup semi. Surprised the wretched, gutless Hamburg haven't forfeited the game against Bayern already, could be a cricket score. 

Scary moment for Atletico Madrid today

Manquillo can count himself lucky to have escaped serious injury there. The result will probably turn out to be a blessing in disguise for Simeone though, they were fighting on more fronts than the size of their squad could support.

EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea can have Diego Costa if they let Atletico Madrid keep Thibaut Courtois

CHELSEA have been offered Diego Costa in a sensational swap deal involving Thibaut Courtois.

By Paul Brown/ Published 14th February 2014

52fcff5616131_chelsea.jpgYOU CAN HAVE HIM: Atletico Madrid are willing to let Diego Costa leave the Vicente Calderon [GETTY]

High-level talks between the Blues and Atletico Madrid took place in London in the last week.

And more talks are planned about the two players after the next round of Champions League matches this month.

77829.jpgWE WANT COURTOIS: Atletico want to make Thibaut Courtois' loan from Chelsea permanent [GETTY]

“Costa has a £32m buy-out clause in his contract but his true value has fallen recently”

Representatives of Atletico actually put TWO offers on the table for Chelsea’s Belgium keeper Courtois, who is currently on loan in Madrid.

Each one has knock-on effects for Chelsea’s rivals as they involve players currently being chased by Arsenal and Manchester United.

Atletico are ready to pay £16m for Courtois and include Spain under-21 star Koke - a United target - in part-exchange.

But it is an alternative deal which would see the Spanish club pay around £8m and send in-demand striker Costa to Stamford Bridge, which may be more tempting to the Blues.

The Spain striker is a player Jose Mourinho wants to boost his misfiring forward line - but he is also being chased by the Gunners.

77831.jpgAN ADMIRER: Jose Mourinho is a big fan of Diego Costa [GETTY]

Costa has a £32m buy-out clause in his contract but his true value has fallen recently and Atletico have now signalled they are willing to let him go.

Chelsea have repeatedly ruled out selling Courtois, and want him to sign a contract extension committing his future to the club until 2019.

But he does not want to return to Stamford Bridge next season to play second fiddle to Petr Cech, and is tempted by a permanent move to Madrid.

The 21-year-old signed a five-year deal with Chelsea in 2011 but has been on loan at Atletico for three seasons and is yet to play for the Blues.

He has also attracted interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Scary moment for Atletico Madrid today

Manquillo can count himself lucky to have escaped serious injury there. The result will probably turn out to be a blessing in disguise for Simeone though, they were fighting on more fronts than the size of their squad could support.

I feel for Simeone right now!