Bellazon

Football

goose

Perhaps needless to say, I was hoping that Jose wouldn't get the boot until after we played Chelsea, but when you make a start as woeful as that, you can't realistically expect to get a result against anyone. With Norwich and Bournemouth both winning, it was an easy decision to skip Match of the Day for about the 15th time this season.

Nice to see the Chelsea fans wheeling out their famously excellent sign making skills once again, though. :baronlamesign:

36 minutes ago, Michael* said:

So, how exactly will Arsenal mess this one up?

January 1st - "I am delighted to welcome back Abou Diaby. I believe he has the quality and mental stwength to help us fight for this title."

January 2nd - Abou Diaby hit by an asteroid

Etc etc

On 30/12/2015 at 2:32 PM, Frederick said:

Looking forward to El Crapico: Ecks vs. Sever on Saturday, Michael? 

At last, the resistable force meets the moveable object. :rofl:

Pros: it might be helpful for the BBC's scheduling people, who won't have to put any thought into what goes last on Match of the Day's running order this Saturday.

Cons: any game involving Sunderland at the moment is one that I dread. Big Sam has essentially staked his reputation on keeping us in the Premier League, but I wouldn't trust this lot to beat anybody as far as I could throw Jeremain Lens.

In my rational heart I know it's probably just Coventry fans hacking Geocities and fiddling the sums but still, my New Years Resolution is to stop gawking at the endless supply of grim stats tables that always have us bottom, whether chronicling the last five minutes or previous fifteen thousand years. What you trying to say about my Villa, eh? 

We were outplayed for long periods on Saturday, but having an expert finisher (albeit one whose best days are behind him) can cover for so many deficiencies. Unfortunately, looking at the rest of our team, there's a hell of a lot to cover and if we lose to Swansea then really, you'd have to say we're back to square oneThe positive spin is that we're no longer cut adrift with the prospect of some significant changes in personnel over the transfer window. That being said, bearing in mind the total lack of quality in most of our recent investments, the jury is going to be out for a while yet.

For what it's worth, I thought the Villa fans were excellent, bringing plenty of support and getting behind their team. It's a shame that such a well supported club has been let down by its ownership.

On 05/01/2016 at 2:29 PM, Michael* said:

We were outplayed for long periods on Saturday, but having an expert finisher (albeit one whose best days are behind him) can cover for so many deficiencies. Unfortunately, looking at the rest of our team, there's a hell of a lot to cover and if we lose to Swansea then really, you'd have to say we're back to square oneThe positive spin is that we're no longer cut adrift with the prospect of some significant changes in personnel over the transfer window. That being said, bearing in mind the total lack of quality in most of our recent investments, the jury is going to be out for a while yet.

For what it's worth, I thought the Villa fans were excellent, bringing plenty of support and getting behind their team. It's a shame that such a well supported club has been let down by its ownership.

I went to scout er I mean prepare for Villa's future no, sorry, watch a League 2 game instead of engaging with the game. Can't believe I didn't have a flutter on Jermain Man to score, free money!