Bellazon

Football

goose

Did anyone watch the draw live?

charlizewc.jpg

HAWT :wub:

I love a good Charlize film as much as the next film buff (Reindeer Games, The Legend of Bagger Vance, these are the classics that will stand the test of time) and her beauty is undeniable but the draw itself was even more boring and slow than usual. Anticipating this, I turned on the TV 45 minutes after the draw was scheduled to begin, and sure enough, they had just started! God knows what they were doing beforehand, maybe an actors workshop, a set by Dave Matthews and something loosely related to Nelson Mandela? The mind boggles.

Bayern crush Juve 4-1 in an away game! :|

This was the first Champions League game I've watched this season. Juve were awful, if they're the second best team in Italy then Serie A has even more problems than I thought. Little tip: don't expect a bunch of over the hill defenders to stop someone like Olic on the counter attack. Still, it was about damn time Bayern got their act together.

I remember not too long ago when Juve used to master professional fouls. A little bump, a raise of the hands to proclaim their innocence and then casually strolling away from the scene of the crime. That'd take the momentum out of the counter before it even started and they'd hardly have a card to show for it <_< Amazing to think they could get crushed by Bayern at home.

I remember not too long ago when Juve used to master professional fouls. A little bump, a raise of the hands to proclaim their innocence and then casually strolling away from the scene of the crime. That'd take the momentum out of the counter before it even started and they'd hardly have a card to show for it <_< Amazing to think they could get crushed by Bayern at home.

The Juve of old would have bribed the referee and tediously won the game 1-0.

Ed, accept my friendship on last.fm!

The pleasure of seeing Villa down Utd at Old Trafford? :woot:

The first occasion this has happened in my lifetime!

That being said, even after such a great result we must still stay alert for two potential banana skins - Sunderland away on Tuesday, then Stoke at home on Saturday. Complacency is a killer!

Michael, we're coming for you on Tuesday!

We held our own quite well in the Carling Cup game earlier in the year but confidence was a lot higher back then, and we've only got three and a half defenders available (McCartney doesn't count as a proper footballer). I'd be more than happy with a point.

We held our own quite well in the Carling Cup game earlier in the year but confidence was a lot higher back then, and we've only got three and a half defenders available (McCartney doesn't count as a proper footballer). I'd be more than happy with a point.

Hopefully the mere sight of Brad Guzan sitting on the bench will put fear in the hearts of your players!

Well... This weekend's results sure made the premiership a lot more interesting.

Liverpool might not make it back into the top four now, let alone win the league! :|

I can't believe they will fail to win it even once in all of Gerrard's prime.

The league was gone ages ago. I think if we can pull an Arsenal a la last season and get a good run going, we will have a chance. We're not that far off a 4th and the run-in hasn't even started, plus we'll finally have a decent sized squad for the first time in an eternity <_<

As for not winning it in Gerrard's prime, I can actually believe it. Being a Liverpool supporter sets you up for occasions like that :| I'm sure the FA will reward Gerrard's career with a sympathy award though :cain:

DATS A WRAP TEHEHE

Got to be honest, Michael, your boys took a hell of a beating. Terrible strategy, too; you play two physical titans in Jones and Bent and yet the midfield almost completely ignore them, instead deciding to launch a ridiculous torrent of utterly woeful shots from outside the box. As you said before, a team lacking in confidence.

Almost certain Stoke will beat us on Saturday, though.