Bellazon

News

omg this sux.. i'm in singapore and singapore wasn't hit by the tidal wave we're in the region... but channel news asia have been reporting about deaths etc.. omg.. i had no idea Petra was involved in this tragedy.. this is terrible news.. i'm glad she's alive and i pray that her bf will survive.. somehow.. i hope she has a speedy recovery..

Dont know if any of you know this. But the Americans who control the satelites for weather or whatever it is knew about this and knew it was going to happen, They had 3 hours to warn ppl to get out, Thyre excuse was that they didnt know how to contact any of them. <_<

Dont know if any of you know this. But the Americans who control the satelites for weather or whatever it is knew about this and knew it was going to happen, They had 3 hours to warn ppl to get out, Thyre excuse was that they didnt know how to contact any of them.  <_<

For some reason I'm not surprised by that excuse. :mad: I'm praying for everyone involved in that tragedy. :cry:

You guys don't know the whole story, so it's unfair to judge the people behind this system.

People look for every reason to hate Americans. Canada, France, Britain, Germany, Russia, and a multitude of other nations are part of the warning system that measures these things. Explain why you aren't blaming those countries for not warning anyone.

3 hours isn't a lot of time they would have had to first analyze the info from the satellites then they would have to start alerting pll there would be a disasters headed their way and do u think a third world country is going to be able to evacuate ppl on a mass scale like that with out riots or ppl would have just thought it was bs i highly doubt the death toll would be any different

so before you start blaming the US maybe the rest of u should do some UN peace keeping or aid work in Africa b/c if u aren't going to help u should keep ur dam mouth shut

i'm so sick and tired of ppl pointing fingers yet never lifting one to help those who need it most

Its CRAZY how this could happen. Why did petra have to be on vacation there... She shouldve gone to San Diego... Its nicer and safer over here. Its horrible that so many people have perished in this tragedy. Its one for the record books... :cry:

This tradegy kinda reminds me of the song "Why" by Jadakiss. SOCOM, don't you think you are missing the big picture here?! That "shouldve gone to San Diego" statement, while true, seems to be very insensitive. Also, you might wanna take into account that many popular vacation spots are also prone to other natural disasters, like all the tropical storms which often become hurracanes and such. It sucks, but this is the world we live in. :confused:

Yeah ur right, i take it back. I was just trying to lighten some people up, i am also concered about all the people that were caught in the tragedy.

point fingers? how many people have died and all those who knew that this was gonna happen have a part to blame.. third world country? excuse me.. they could have at least alerted the authorities and MORE people will have been saved.. so what if they started a riot.. the least they could do was alert the authorities.. and if the people started riots then ok.. it's their fault.. but now.. they know it was gonna hit but they didn't care.. this is not the attitude when it comes to lives.. not blaming all americans.. we're talking about the 3 who knew about it.. and the rest of the people who knew about it and just LET IT HAPPEN.. they could have saved a few more lives. people could just stay on the top of the roofs and perhaps gone to higher ground... now so many people are dead.. i wonder how they sleep at night..

Hmm...

I'm a pretty prolific news reader, and as someone who likes to spout off my political opinions on other message boards, I usually have to do quite a bit of research to corroborate what I end up saying, so I have a good deal of experience finding sources to justify anything, really. And I searched for a good long while to find something to corroborate the rumors that are mentioned here, and I failed. So until I see a few credible news sources discussing this, I will chalk it up to knee-jerk Anti-Americanism from our "friends" abroad.