Bellazon

Barbara Meier
Thumbnail

Ronin

thank you marksi

it is called high fashion

btw what's more about lena-babsi, yes i agree that lena is quite ordinary sweet girl but she has one thing - awsome body, while it isn't the storngest place of babsi, i mean just look at all high fashion models like snejana, vlada, natasha, sasha Babsi is way too fit compared with them

Translation of a an article from German GALA magazine's website:

http://www.gala.de/talk/topstory/4694.html

"You will set a trend in Germany"

The hard training of the last few months was worth it. With pride, Heidi Klum presents "Germany's Next Top Model" Barbara Meier and is certain: the student appears fit to handle the real world of modeling.

The glamour is quickly gone. It is hardly ten minutes since Barbara at MMC Studios in Cologne was named "Germany's Next Top Model" where the confetti streamers that fell on her red hair have already been swept away. Hard work is now underway: a photoshoot, interview, press conference, appearance with Stefan Raab and after-show party at the Marriott Hotel. The 20-year-old mathematics student from Regensburg hardly had time even for her parents, Gisela and Albert Meier, and for the many fans that travelled the seven hours by bus from her old homeland of Amberg - still in their work clothes. For the 1,74 m tall beauty, the one selected by the Pro-7 show out of 16,000 applicants, a new life began on that Thursday. And perhaps also a big career. That is what not only cheif judge Heidi Klum but also fellow judge and make-up artist Boris Entrup believes, with her "allure, class, style and grace". "You have made red hair the new trend in Germany", Entrup says. Barbara herself remains calm in this chaos and smiles softly, happy about the cover of Cosmopolitan, middle-class vehicle and contract with C & A. Also, with Heidi Klum for an interview with GALA directly after the show, she appears comfortably reserved.

Gala: Heidi, why do we sit here with Barbara as the winner and not with Hana or Anni?

Heidi: The judges found that Barbara has what it takes to be a top model and that she could be internationally successfull. They did not make any snide comments about the competitors when the other two were also super. But Barbara was better at few things.

Gala: Where do her strengths lie?

Heidi: She has many. The noticeable red hair is naturally one, although I don't want to keep emphasizing that again and again. She has more than that: beautiful eyes, a super beautiful smile, great body and facial expressions. She has brains. Many models work like robots, but with her, one sees a small smile, there is simply someone at home. She is clever, and that is very important in this job. It is a hard business, not just larifari (?).

Gala: Barbara, what do prefer: being called pretty or being called sly?

Barbara: They are both beautiful. Perhaps, if someone were to say she is sly although she is beautiful. It is a shame that there is this stereotype that all pretty women are dumb. At the same time this show showed that many students applied themselves to be models.

Gala: When someone studies mathematics like you, they probably are counted as an intelligent woman. Does that person have the feeling in a show like this to have to bend herself?

Barbara: I did not have to adjust. When I am reserved, then I stop myself, I don't allow myself to change.

Gala: Heidi, would you like to trade places with the winner to once again be at the start of your career?

Heidi: No, not at all. I already went my way and had a lot of fun, which I still do. I had the most different jobs and travelled around the world. During which, I found my dream man and started a family with him. It is better for me to not do it all again.

Gala: Does Barbara stand to have a harder modeling life than in your day?

Heidi: The competition has become much bigger. Of course, many girls want to make this job, but only a few make it to the top. At castings, 40 girls sometimes fight for the same job. But it was hard at that time and today it is also hard.

Gala: What are the three most important peices of advice you would give to Barbara?

Heidi: The most important thing is to have fun and make sure your heart is always in it. Without the fun, you wouldn't get the most beautiful jobs, since they would see it in your face. Second tip: I would travel away from Germany for a while, if I wanted an international career. Do not rest on your laurels. You must go to interviews. Pack your suitcase, go away and look to do whatever you can manage. And third: Stay grounded. So many are elevated. You must look at it as a job, a terrific job that you can use to see a lot, learn a lot and make good money.

The whole interview can be seen in the newest issue of GALA.

Anytime :) Thank you for supporting Babsis thread here, hon. Well, im not originally german ( mein Ehemann aber ist:)), im russian, but I live in Germany too for several years now. Ohhh I didnt know there are already rumours... Yikies. All I heard that some guys say, IMG Paris even gave Hana a call and asked her to be a part of their agency. Yikies. :yuckky: So unfortunately it does make sense what you tell about IMG. You know what, once I had a closer look at that agency it didnt make a good professional impression on me anyways. They have MODELS and CELEBRITIES listed on one level. Now, thats not professional. Models are models and Britney Spears , Mischa Barton & Co are Britney Spears and Mischa Barton, what do they have in common with models ???? This looks not good to my mind, to mix real professional models with celebs. Bad idea. You know, my fave model MARISA MILLER left IMG and changed it to ELITE models, she said she likes it better at ELITE and that ELITE has a greater energy. Im very glad for her. And hopefully Babs will do the same. Damn, if I knew her in person, Id help her as much as I can. But Im sure she is clever enough to see the *fake* managers, fake shows and all and to go through it all. If she really wants it, she will get it, I know she has power. But its really really bad to see all this situation...She doesnt even have her own PROFESSIONALLY made Homepage to promote herself, not even her own nice forum :( Im no pro at this so I cant help. Danke nochmals ;) Bin uebrigens JULIA.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

First reply by me in this thread yay :wave:

I've been watching GNTM and from the first episode Barbara was my favourite (along with Milla after her haircut)!

I'm not sure if it hasn't been posted yet but Barbara's IMG profile has been updated I think.

They have 2 pictures from the 'We Love' campaign in it.

Enjoy!

011.jpg

010.jpg

Thanks BeckyJ!

Here some HQ´s:

post-171-1182282753_thumb.jpgpost-171-1182283044_thumb.jpg

post-171-1182283349_thumb.jpgpost-171-1182283580_thumb.jpg

post-171-1182283700_thumb.jpg

:wave:

:kiss: Danke ;) Those are AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING pictures of Barbara !!! I love her look and her GREAT taste. The best contestant of all NTMs who looks fantastic in her candids post show ! But why did you cut the BF off ? lol He is cute too !

Ok, that was the Boys version!

Now the Girls version:

post-171-1182288829_thumb.jpg

post-171-1182288675_thumb.jpg

Her IMG portfolio has been updated again!

New photos!

038.jpg

037.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

036.jpg

035.jpg

they again look really different to the rest of her photos I think...

Some do have to me this romantic touch which she could be booked for a lot, I meen for this more romantic fashion kind of thing..

And some are without make-up or am I wrong?

(looks like now her profile is just as updated as Hanas, remember she too got a shoot without make-up, also her photos look different)

Her IMG portfolio has been updated again!

New photos!

they again look really different to the rest of her photos I think...

Some do have to me this romantic touch which she could be booked for a lot, I meen for this more romantic fashion kind of thing..

And some are without make-up or am I wrong?

(looks like now her profile is just as updated as Hanas, remember she too got a shoot without make-up, also her photos look different)

Wow thank you

I love this:

036.jpg

She looks so beauty on it!

Translation of an article in German about Hana and Barbara at the GQ Style Night with Naomi Campbell:

http://www.netzeitung.de/entertainment/style/691496.html

When beginners learn from top models

It has been one and a half months since Heidi Klum named the next "Topmodel". And already, the newborns from the TV show compare themselves with the old hare Naomi Campbell.

A radiating smile, a seductive glance: supermodel Naomi Campbell needs only three seconds on the red carpet - then she has the crowd on her side. Respectfully, the photographers call her to them somewhat, the teenagers by the barricade cannot compete with the excitement she brings. Campbell counts as one of the last superstar models and at entrances like the GQ Style Night at the Munich Sportmesse Ispo [a trade show for athletic clothing] she fascinates the rookie models. "She is an icon," says Hana Nitsche, the third place finisher in Heidi Klum's show "Germany's Next Top Model". "She has a great personal style and a fantastic radiance."

The British model perfectly controls glamorous entrances such as at Sportmesse in Munich. She is often listed as the last great star in the fashion industry. In the 1990s, women like Cindy Crawford or Claudia Schiffer became famous worldwide for their looks - and often received breathtaking salaries for their appearances [at fashion events]. Since the beginning of the new millennium, it is clear that the "star culture" has passed. For fashion shows and photoshoots it is more often that very young - and above all cheap - models get booked.

This makes it all the more difficult to become a supermodel today. "I find, one can really learn a lot from her, she already has so much experience," says the red haired Barbara Meier, who carries the the title of "Germany's Next Top Model" after Heidi Klum's decision on the show. "But, I find it a little much to use the word 'example'. I do not say, 'I want to be just like her.' I want to be successful in my own way."

Campbell is counted by many collegues as a "Zicke" [bitch, I think] with an often irritating star power. So the young models in no case want to become her. "Yes always, she is a Zicke, but I would like to know whether that is really true," explains Hana. She would certainly rather not been seen in the same way as her experienced collegue. "Every model should be an individual," says Hana.

With models there will always be envy

Campbell was trained very early on the runway: her mother set down everything so her daughter could become famous. At the age of 14 she left school - and since then her modeling career steeply risen. To be sure, Campbell also made a name for herself as an eccentric superstar, demolishing the hotel room furnishings in a fit of rage or throwing her cell phone at her maid. For the cell phone incident a court ordered the supermodel to a week of community service, cleaning up garbage in New York - and Campbell showed up for work in black stiletto boots and a knee-length black jacket.

So far Barbara does not want to become like that. "I believe it would take an insane amount of things to happen for me to flip out," she says. Certainly, the job could already get to one's nerves. "With models there will always be envy. That is simply part of the job. That is something that will never go away in this industry."

Whether she is likely to become a worldwide star, Barbara does not exactly know - although the next few weeks are already filled with fashion shows and photoshoots. "I will naturally do what I can now to become successful and work hard at it. But I think it is impossible to predict when someone will become a true star. I already am asking myself if that is something I want, because when people think of you as a star, then you have very little privacy after that."