Bellazon

Elvis Presley
Thumbnail

TheBaronOfFratton

• 2 weeks later...
I cannot wait to take a trip to TN to see his house! :heart:

To the people that have already been, is it as awesome as the pictures show?

It's a lot smaller than you'd expect, and very much of its time(!), but if you like Elvis it takes on an almost spiritual aura!!!

My mother is visiting in November - I reminded her that there is a very good gift-shop across the road. :whistle:

Thought that you might like this:

1,800 YEAR-OLD RELIC OF ELVIS PRESLEY

post-11221-0-1446082399-41553_thumb.jpg

(SOURCE: London Metro)Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The KING is back, long live the KING

Those with suspicious minds may scoff – but this 1,800-year-old relic is the spitting image of Elvis Presley.

Complete with quiff and strong jaw, the likeness to the singer in his Las Vegas years is uncanny.

It has been verified by experts, who say it is a decoration found on the corners of a Roman coffin.

'Fans seeing this face from the distant past will be forgiven for thinking that their idol may well have lived a previous life in Rome,' said a spokesman for Bonhams, which is auctioning the item in October.

This Elvis probably dates back to about 200 AD – about 1,750 years before the birth of rock'n'roll.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ELVIS!: '55/56 at Sun Studios

Sun Studio was opened by Sam Philips at 706 Union Avenue in Memphis, Tennessee on January 3rd 1950.

On July 18th, 1953, Elvis went to Sun Studios to record some tracks as a present for his mother. When he was asked by an assistant who he sounded like - he famously answered: "I don't sound like nobody!"

Elvis (with his sidemen Scotty Moore and Bill Black) along with Sam Philips:

post-11221-0-1446082405-68421_thumb.jpg

Recording in the studio:

post-11221-0-1446082405-70727_thumb.jpg

On Tuesday December 4, 1956 in the Sun Record Studios, an impromptu jam session between Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash occurred. Lewis had been providing piano accompaniment to a Perkins recording session when Elvis dropped by. A little later Cash popped in too. The resulting jam and album (sketchy recordings of mostly country-standards and a few Christmas carols) is known as The Million Dollar Quartet:

post-11221-0-1446082405-79_thumb.jpg
sunstudioun7.jpg elvsingnw7.jpg