Bellazon

SI Swimsuit edition '08

menu-select

Someone know is Fernanda Tavares is in this SI edition ??

Probably not considering she just gave birth in October :/

Daniela Pestova posed for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2003 Edition just four months after giving birth to her daughter Ella. It is possible.

Someone know is Fernanda Tavares is in this SI edition ??

Probably not considering she just gave birth in October :/

Daniela Pestova posed for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2003 Edition just four months after giving birth to her daughter Ella. It is possible.

Yes, but Fernanda just gave birth, so I highly doubt she would be shooting in such a short period of time.

• 5 weeks later...

The 2008 magazine is going to be on sale in the US on 12th Feb 2008.

Marisa Miller, Ana Beatriz Barros, Jessica White and others are going to be in it.

What about Yamila - anyone know?

What about the UK - we are sports fans too!

honestly ... the excitement of the SI Swimsuit issue has, for me, really lessened over the past few years. obviously, they still use gorgeous women -- but SO many of them are completely unknown and unemployed in the rest of the fashion world. they haven't made a proper SUPERMODEL since Rebecca Romijn did the cover in 1999. that cover made her famous. same with Heidi Klum in 1998 and Tyra in 1997. who was on the 2000 cover? Daniela Pestova? Petra Nemcova? (ok -- Petra and Marisa are perhaps the only 2 who've become relatively famous due to their SI exposure -- but neither of them have been able to parlay that success into household name status a la Heidi, Tyra, Rebecca, Laetitia, etc).

and as for last year, having BEYONCE on the freaking cover. well, that was just about it for me. i threw in the towel.

however, i'm willing to forgive and forget, so long as the SI people start to branch out a bit and use models that are a bit recognizable independently of their ONCE ANNUAL swimsuit magazine.

i think that Marisa Miller has worked for them for years and probably deserves the cover. same with Ana BB. but really, both of them have peaked, in terms of their careers. Jessica White could absolutely benefit from landing the cover .. and she's certainly gorgeous enough for it. plus, she's becoming more well-known cause of her work for VS.

Selita was in the magazine last year. if she were to land a cover, it could help her become MUCH more famous. and she's a great spokesperson, so it'd benefit SI as well. that's my point --- they need a model who will really help THEM and THEIR image as well.

obviously, my vote goes for either GISELE or KAROLINA, neither of whom have been in the magazine. but BOTH of whom look extreeeeemely hot in bikinis and are well-known to the general public as well (especially Gisele, who is practically a house-hold name at this point anyway).

i think that GISELE is an obvious choice. she's finished her VS contract, she has arguably the best body on earth, she's very athletic and she's a TRUE SUPERMODEL. putting her on the cover will not only boost her fame and hotness ... it'll add a real dose of much-needed credibility to the SI Swimsuit issue itself. and who are we kidding?? it all comes down to $$$ and GISELE would sell that issue like hotcakes. she IS the money-maker of all the models out there. but GISELE is famous enough. she doesn't really need it. and she's probably past her prime as well.

my argument for KK is that she is just now finally starting to truly truly shine as a hot woman. she's only 23 years old (i know, right? hard to believe, but it's true!) she's accomplished a ton as a fashion model, she's a VS Angel and she's freaking HOT. landing the cover of SI would give her career the real launch into actual house-hold name superstardom. and she's got the perfect personality for it.

i agree,marisa isn't bigger because her walk is not as good as the other girls and petra when she was getting at best time tsunami happed and now they are trying to make the girls known.i think bar shots were great but can she live up to to tyra,heidi names without being linked with leonardo dicaprio?

i think that GISELE is an obvious choice. she's finished her VS contract, she has arguably the best body on earth, she's very athletic and she's a TRUE SUPERMODEL. putting her on the cover will not only boost her fame and hotness ... it'll add a real dose of much-needed credibility to the SI Swimsuit issue itself. and who are we kidding?? it all comes down to $$$ and GISELE would sell that issue like hotcakes.

i think that GISELE is an obvious choice. she's finished her VS contract, she has arguably the best body on earth, she's very athletic and she's a TRUE SUPERMODEL. putting her on the cover will not only boost her fame and hotness ... it'll add a real dose of much-needed credibility to the SI Swimsuit issue itself. and who are we kidding?? it all comes down to $$$ and GISELE would sell that issue like hotcakes.

Agreed! :yes: And leave Ana "always looks high-as-kite" Beatriz Barros off the over, please. I'd venture to say Bar only gets the cover because of her movie star beau - hell, that's the only reason most people know who she is. :ninja:

i agree that Bar is totally gorgeous and very much a super hot Swimsuit model ... but if she gets the cover and the fame -- it will definitely be because of her relationship with Leo. (*not that there's anything wrong with that. in this industry, it's all about who you are associated with combined with what you can do. she really IS smokin' hot and looks awesome in a bikini, so if she becomes more famous because she's dating a moviestar, well more power to her. hey, it worked for Gisele*).

i think that the cover shouldn't go to anyone who doesn't truly wanna be a supermodel. it was wasted on Yamila Diaz, Daniela Pestova and Elsa Benitez because none of those women wanted to become household names. they didn't want to do all the promotional stuff, the interviews, the hosting gigs, etc etc. that's why Marisa Miller should have gotten the cover years ago. she obviously wants to be a super famous model, and she looks as good in a bikini as anyone possibly could. she'd willingly turn it into a celebrity career. that's when an SI cover can really benefit a girl, when she wants to rule the world! hahaa. I get a feeling Bar would like that.

what about Emanuela de Paula! she's almost impossibly stunning and her body is unreal! she'd make a fabulous cover girl. IF she is a good spokesperson.

emanuela01.jpgemanuela02.jpgemanuela03.jpgemanuela04.jpg

emanuela05.jpg