Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2005 (GENERAL THREAD)

Sam12

You know, the editors have been editing in all kinds of stuff for what 5 years now, and it's to the point that I can't watch the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show without it.

You know that voice that said, "And give me Noemie." Well, that's Hamish Hamiliton the director. He directs the MTV Video Music Awards, etc. He's known as one of the best multi-camera directors working today. All the backstage stuff you see in the VS shows was all his idea. After 2002, he decided we needed to hear and see more of the backstage because he felt that there was just as much good stuff going on backstage as the runway.

The French guy is Alex De Betak that producer. He comes up, or came up, he's not working with the show anymore, all the visual concepts. Dita Von Teese dancing during the Shadow Dreams segment in'05 was his idea. I loved it when he was telling Morgane in french to get between Dita's legs. Yep, he's a fluffer, and a damn good one. LOL!

Thank you for the background information, pikespeaklosangeles - always nice to put names to faces and disembodied voices!

I can't help but completely disagree though - it's got to the point where I find it intolerable!

Granted, the backstage shenanigans are interesting, and Hamilton is right in that respect. But I feel that it's sometimes to the detriment of the ACTUAL catwalk show. It's particularly galling when 'your' favourite model is sashaying in some brief little number and the camera cuts to a less-favoured girl pulling a stupid face in a corridor apropos nothing...

And sure, let's see and hear the ladies backstage - let's not hear inane comments from Hamish and his pals stating the bloody obvious.

2005 was (as this thread is testament to) the best overall. The 'bad' editing has become much more prevalent in the last two years. I thought this year was an absolute mess. I want to watch the VSFS, not "The Contrabulous Fabtraption Of Kaiser Klum"! Don't need her being 'hilairious' all over the place - I'd rather have seen more of some of the others who were woefully underused and appallingly under-represented by the cameras.

And I find the MTV Video Music Awards unwatchable too!!!

Repeat viewing requires the sound being turned down. :hehe:

I agree with you that sometimes they cut back stage at a time when your favourite model is stomping the catwalk. Tyra Banks opening the rock and roll segment with the strobe lights in 2003 is an example. Tyra was working that runway and they cut to that damn Deanna Miller walking down the steps talking to Alessandra. That annoyed me. :yuckky:

We will just had to agree to disagree with the rest. I'm with you on so much Heidi Klum. And I'm a fan of Heidi, that's the problem. I would love to see them talking to Morgane Dubled, Noemie or even Jessica White. I got to see and hear a little more Flavia this year, so that was great. They also gave me more Inguna, but cut out Oluchi. <_<

The only thing that grates about the VSFS is that the 1st taping is always the better taping of the show. It's almost like watching a movie, but why they use the 2nd taping as the master. That has always--always irritated me. The models are more energetic, the poses are better, the camera shots are breathtaking. I just don't get it. Strangely enough, the used a lot of footage from the 1st taping for the final cut of this years show.

The MTV Music Awards. UGH. But I don't think that's Hamish Hamilton's fault. There's not much you could do with that show. :(