Bellazon

News

Neo52285

mameha, it's not an editorial or anything. it's just a little article, basically they were followed by an interviewer during the "Angels Across America" tour. it made Adriana Lima seem like a really big mean person, saying how she used the carpet floor as an ashtray and also, how at the end of the day she told the interviewer, "You, go! We're tired of you." So he/she felt hurt, and mocked that he felt like he was in high school again. He/She wanted to make a rumor about her breasts. That was all.

She was probably just joking around, she does that a lot. She said once that she is very sarcastic, and some people can be sarcastic and people are just thinking they are being mean. I know a lot of people thought she was a bitch for saying What do you think on the extra video but here again she was just being goofy, and sarcastic.

Also it could have been like when Heidi said on Leno show interview remember when she jokingly said "Why are you Leaving?" now if that was printed in a magazine yes it would look rude and bitchy, but listening and watching the video you know she was joking so that is most likely what Adriana was doing.

mameha, it's not an editorial or anything. it's just a little article, basically they were followed by an interviewer during the "Angels Across America" tour. it made Adriana Lima seem like a really big mean person, saying how she used the carpet floor as an ashtray and also, how at the end of the day she told the interviewer, "You, go! We're tired of you." So he/she felt hurt, and mocked that he felt like he was in high school again. He/She wanted to make a rumor about her breasts. That was all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks a lot for the info holla..I was just curious and wanted to see for myself..is it the April or May Elle?

Thanks a lot for the info holla..I was just curious and wanted to see for myself..is it the April or May Elle?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's the one with Alicia Keys on the cover - May :)

To be fair to the reporter (who was a woman, and realized that "Victoria's Secret" was a pushup bra, not implants - yay! I'm all for anything that's against the bizarre, incoherent "Adriana has implants in this picture! And she had them removed for this one! And then put back in! And then removed again! I don't care if it's the same photo shoot, they're implants! I'm not naturally thin with a bigger chest so no one else can be either!") line of thinking), she did end the piece on a very positive note about Adriana. And I understood her hurt feelings towards Adriana telling her to get out, even if Adriana were joking (which I think she was, based on everything else I've ever seen about her). The reporter described it as surreal and like Heathers - been there. Gorgeous - and more importantly popular girls "joking" with you in that way can cut deep, because you're not one of them, and don't really know where you stand. I think Adriana was joking, realized she upset the reporter, and went out of her way to make it up to her later.

The thing about the cigarettes on the carpet though... :x Though to me, it's no different than the people who throw butts out the window/in the street/on the grass/beach/whatever. Indoors or outdoors, THE WORLD IS NOT YOUR ASHTRAY. I won't even throw an apple core or orange peel into the grass; litterbugs - especially smokers who seem not to get that their butts are in fact litter - are one of my biggest pet peeves. I'm oddly moved to send her one of those cute little portable ashtrays :laugh:

Well she might feel back in high school, but from all that I have seen and heard Gisele, Adriana, and Alessandra were all teased about being "ugly" when they were younger. I have this article on Adriana in Marie Claire (Brazil) back in 1998 and she had said that the kids there teased her about her height and how ugly she was. I know that is how it is in a lot of high schools and I don't know why it seems like all the real pretty girls get picked on and are not popular. I honestly don't think Adriana wouyld be popular in high school. Like she said she was not.

There was a segment on a news station I think it was CNN or FOX News or something. They were interviewewing the girls about the Sexy volume 3 and then asked Gisele and Heidi to clear up a rumor about the Victoria Secret Fashion Show coming back and Heidi and Gisele did say that it will be back this year as well as the tour.

Well she might feel back in high school, but from all that I have seen and heard Gisele, Adriana, and Alessandra were all teased about being "ugly" when they were younger. I have this article on Adriana in Marie Claire (Brazil) back in 1998 and she had said that the kids there teased her about her height and how ugly she was. I know that is how it is in a lot of high schools and I don't know why it seems like all the real pretty girls get picked on and are not popular. I honestly don't think Adriana wouyld be popular in high school. Like she said she was not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My point was just that the reporter preceives Adriana/Heidi/Ale/etc as popular and gorgeous now, which they are, which could lead to some weird dynamics if said reporter is shy, which she seemed to be from the article :) I agree that the truly beautiful girls in school are often not part of the in crowd. High school seems to like to elevate a generic, bland "cute as a button" cheerleader look.

Some parts of that were funny but she kind of made Adriana seem like a bitch, but I guess I understand how she took it the wrong way. :ninja:

I'm not sure about the carpet as an ashtray thing though...I used to smoke and everyone that would smoke in my house would carry around an ashtray with them because it's gross to leave it around. :laugh:

Don't smoke

• 4 weeks later...