Bellazon

Toni Garrn
Thumbnail

lisa-1

The woman is the TV presenter I've never heard of. I don't really know who she is either. To be fair, the last line of the voice over says something similar to what you just said, something like: "But anyways, Toni has a great career and everything she does is a huge success. Maybe others are just jealous" and then they show the idiotic TV presenter again. Still, the voice over seems to agree with most of the things the TV presenter complained about, but also points out that she has been living in the US for ten years and speaks English most of the time, so it's not very surprising her German's not how it used to be. 

I agree about Leo and her career, although in my opinion the first huge mistake was that when she was finishing school, they (I don't remember if it was Modelwerk or already Mega Models, an agency she should never have switched to in my opinion) made her do weird national jobs (Otto Catalog) instead of a few selected HF ones. So when she tried to come back after graduating, she was already quite irrelevant, at least when it comes to major blue chip campaigns and being buzzed about in the industry. 

In this case, the TV presenter brought up Leo, she said that she thought Toni was behaving like a diva "but maybe that's what happens when you're dating Leo".

On a different note, it's crazy how much the guy told you about the shoot! Don't they somehow agree to not talk about their work? (At least that's my impression in most cases.) Anyways, good for us. What else did he tell you? I'd love to hear more about how she is at work / on set.

let me jump in and add my quick point of view as a german to the whole charity/interview incident

i saw the vid above when it was aired on tv. that tv presenter, who bashed Toni, is at least a familiar face to me, but i'm a bit older :hi_wft:anyway she had not that career to talk about, so the attention thing could be possible

i think the whole feature dragged Toni in a bad position in general and also the voiceover was not that kind either

i was wondering about the whole point of the feature, i mean if u want to cover her charity, cover her charity & if u want to bitch about her, then bitch about her

but mixing both and finish like "yeah, we think she's acting kinda weird but at least she collected much money" :DanniCullen: bye felicia

besides the presenters attention problem, in the bigger picture this all shows the general german problem with someone beeing successful.

we in germany are not like the americans, who also love to see their stars fail and fall and enjoy dragging them through tabloid hell and back, but americans also love and praise them for rising from the ashes with a comeback. 

in germany is a lot of envy and jealousy involved if someone gaines success. it's a cultural issue, in my opinon.

I deleted her on snapchat because the videos didn't show (all the other people's did), and now she hasn't accepted me as friend (seems to be new, I think I could just add her before) and I still don't see any vids. :sad: Maybe I screwed it all up by deleting her, argh.

Saab is the show’s head judge, assisted by Tunisian fashion icon, actress and television presenter Afef Jnifen. Each episode will also feature a celebrity guest judge, including Lebanese singers Haifa Wehbe, Nancy Ajram and Elissa, Egyptian actress Yousra, American model and actress Milla Jovovich, German model Toni Garrn, Kuwaiti actress and director Haya Abdulsalam, Syrian actress Sulafa Memar, Egyptian TV presenter Wafaa Al Kilani, and former editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris Carine Roitfeld.

Season one of Project Runway ME begins at 10pm on Saturday, September 17 on MBC4 and MBC Masr, and continues every Saturday. Episodes will also be available to stream on www.shahid.net after their first broadcast

Full article here: 

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-life/fashion/hit-reality-tv-show-project-runway-arrives-in-the-middle-east#full