Bellazon

Mariah Carey
Thumbnail

chiva474128

• 2 weeks later...
Please, they're real.  She's just put on quite a bit of weight.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but no :blush:

Without being too indiscreet, I can pinpoint her enhancement to the mid-90s (1996), and to her (then) newfound "best-friendship" with a girl in the industry who had, you guessed it, impressive saline implants, and who highly recommended them to her. This also coincides with her emancipation from Tommy, getting a place downtown, "working" late nights hanging with Puffy et al, starting an affair with Jeter and otherwise taking "Hip-Hop Ho" pointers from the aforementioned to break into (or cross over to, if you prefer) the Hip Hop crowd.

OR, I might point simply you towards some pictures :blink:

In all fairness, she did not go overboard with her implants, and did put on some weight (due to her increased liquor consumption, mostly...), so both assessments are correct.

;)

No... Mariah's got implants? I think I'm gonna cry... :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please don't cry? It's not a sin to get/have implants. It certainly does not detract from her talent, charm, or beauty, imho.

Celebs like Pam Anderson, and adult fare actresses have gone so overboard with their oversizing, it's turned off a lot of people from the whole notion of implants (in particular, and plastic surgery in general), when in fact, and when done in moderation (and skillfully), it can help one's sense of self-worth tremendously.

For instance, I'm rather blind, and wear contacts, or "plastic eyes", if you will, and it's helped boost my confidence (with the ladies) significantly. Ironically, not only can I see better (peripherally), but people seem to see me better too! Granted, contacts are not as intrusive as a surgical procedure (though lasik is certainly next on my list), but it could be construed to be as "fake" as implants. To a certain extent, I am cheating, or being deceitful as to my "true" appearance (I should really be wearing inch-thick glasses).

I do appreciate your (apparent) stance on this matter, but perhaps the day you befriend - or fall in love (for the right reasons) with - someone endowed likewise, I believe you'll embrace their point of view. It's mostly a question of perspective, I think, pun unintended ;)

By the by, in case y'all didn't know, Mariah also got a nose job (before the implants) - but so far, I've not heard anyone complain about that one :p