Bellazon

F1 and all kinds of Auto Racing

azkid

Ok first time that i "know" a person that envy a famous boy thaaat much !!! :rofl:

omg poor apeman... he makes me laugh aloooooooooooooooooooooooot !

Hmmm A nice theory: I dont respect Nelson only cos of I'm so jealous of Nelson. Just like ur fan of Nelson only cos of ur so jealous of Kimi... :wave:

Ps. Actually I'm fan of F1 only cos of so jealous of tennis players....

Ok first time that i "know" a person that envy a famous boy thaaat much !!! :rofl:

omg poor apeman... he makes me laugh aloooooooooooooooooooooooot !

Hmmm A nice theory: I dont respect Nelson only cos of I'm so jealous of Nelson. Just like ur fan of Nelson only cos of ur so jealous of Kimi... :wave:

Ps. Actually I'm fan of F1 only cos of so jealous of tennis players....

Go to hell

Brundle's verdict on the season so far

As Formula 1 gears up for the start of the European season in Barcelona this weekend, Martin Brundle gives itv.com/f1 his expert insight on some of the key themes that have emerged from the first three races.

Martin's line on Ferrari v McLaren…

The first two races were difficult to read, because in Australia Ferrari were out of synch after their qualifying dramas and then in Malaysia McLaren incurred grid penalties for blocking (which I thought was an absolutely fair cop).

So the first time we got a clear idea of their relative pace was Bahrain, a circuit where Ferrari had tested extensively and McLaren hadn’t. And of course Lewis had a nightmare weekend there, which muddied the picture a bit.

So in reality I think we’re yet to see a true head-to-head between Ferrari and McLaren with both teams firing on all cylinders.

But watching from trackside, you can’t help but feel the Ferrari is fundamentally faster.

Whilst the car looks quite lively, it’s always moving forward and just seems to gather speed from the apex.

There seems to be more urgency to the engine note than with the other cars: I think the Ferrari engine is going really well, and the car’s traction is noticeably better than the McLaren’s.

The two best cars in terms of traction are the Ferrari and BMW, I think by some margin – and without traction control this year that’s pivotal.

Click Here

Now it’s really a question of whether McLaren, Renault and Co. have made the big step forward since Bahrain that they think they have – because there is a gap to close, no doubt about it.

At the moment I believe Ferrari are about two-tenths per lap faster than McLaren, and more importantly they can get the softer tyres to last longer. Better traction and less tyre degradation is a winning recipe.

On Massa’s early-season wobble…

Felipe still seems a bit fragile, doesn’t he? When he’s in the groove he dominates, as he seems to in Bahrain, Istanbul and Sao Paulo, and then all of a sudden he has a wobbly weekend. Nothing’s changed in that respect, from what I can see.

He’s quite an interesting case study because he’s proved that, when he’s on form, he’s capable of beating Michael Schumacher and Kimi Raikkonen in the same car on the same day. So the talent’s there; he’s just got to find a way of exploiting it more consistently.

Maybe he’s one of those drivers who falls off the radar if everything doesn’t go according to plan and the car doesn’t feel absolutely perfect.

He’s had his share of car troubles, but his racecraft still isn’t as strong as it needs to be – as we saw last year in Malaysia, and to an extent with his clash with DC in Australia this year.

If you compare him to Raikkonen, Kimi wasn’t on his best form in Bahrain – he doesn’t like the circuit and he knew he couldn’t beat Massa in a straight fight – but he made sure he bagged eight points.

That’s the sort of mentality that wins world championships, and Massa still has to learn how to maximise the good days and minimise the damage on the bad days.

On Hamilton’s difficult start…

Lewis has a really tough job being team leader this year. I think he’s putting a lot of pressure on himself, and I suspect the mistakes are a product of frustration really.

He’ll have carried the frustration of not winning last year’s championship over the winter, and now he’s had two bad races in a row in Malaysia and Bahrain.

He still needs to learn to play the percentages when he doesn’t have the car to fight for victory or he’s out of position for whatever reason.

He lost his composure on the first lap in Bahrain – he just thrust his car into difficult situations and was asking for trouble. It was almost like he was trying to undo his poor start in the first few corners of the race, and it all went horribly wrong.

But I wouldn’t write him off for the championship by any means. Things can turn round very quickly. He’s got the speed, the skill, and the team behind him; he’s got everything he needs.

The main problem is that the Ferrari is currently a bit quicker – that’s where the real pressure is coming from.

On Kovalainen’s McLaren baptism…

He hasn’t been jaw-droppingly quick, but he’s been very solid. I don’t think we’ve seen the best of him yet, and I think he’ll grow into the team through the year.

You could see in the second half of last year that he’d got the gremlins out of his mind. He just needs to find out where all the green buttons are at McLaren and go and press them all.

We haven’t really seen a world-class drive from him yet, but I expect we will soon.

On BMW’s upward mobility…

BMW seem to be consistently in the hunt at the front of the field this year.

That said, they haven’t really had both cars fully on song at the same time yet, and I think they’re still slightly behind Ferrari and McLaren when it comes to strategic acumen and reading a grand prix.

The two drivers just need the confidence and belief that when they close their front door to head off to a grand prix, it might be for a victory. They must be starting to feel that now.

It’s remarkable how quickly the team have conquered the problems they had with the new F1.08 car in winter testing.

I asked Mario Theissen about that – they’re more comfortable talking about it now they’ve had a few strong results. He confirmed that they were genuinely shocked and worried by their car when they first put it on the racetrack.

The stopwatch never lies, as they say, and they weren’t sandbagging at all. They were genuinely horrified at how relatively ‘slow’ the car was and how difficult it was to drive.

They pored over their wind tunnel data, testing data and (probably even more importantly these days) the CFD, and I get the impression that – literally just before the season started – it was ‘Bingo! We’ve identified where we’ve gone wrong’, and there were huge sighs of relief all round.

That sort of immediate diagnosis and solution of a problem very rarely happens.

They’ve obviously got some good systems, applied a pretty strenuous checking process and come up with the right answers.

On Kubica’s stock rising…

If he wants to be on the same level as Raikkonen or Alonso, he must deliver more consistently than he has in the past, which he’s beginning to do now.

He’s got a lot of natural speed, and he’s shown he has the fitness and mental strength to drive flat-out throughout a grand prix distance. I don’t really see any missing ingredients.

He has quite an unusual driving style – that’s not to say it’s wrong, it’s just different. Bizarrely, he appears to lean his head in the opposite direction to the corner; and he seems to like the car moving around a bit, but has a way of doing it whilst keeping forward momentum at the same time.

Kubica’s future looks very bright. I don’t think he’s going to get distracted by fame and fortune and too many boys’ toys; he seems pretty level-headed in that respect.

On Honda’s surprising pace…

It just goes to show that if you maximise what you’ve got, it often turns out better than you think.

Ross Brawn is such a positive influence in terms of his general housekeeping and the focus he brings to a team.

I think the expression he has for it is that you need to ‘pick the low-hanging fruit first’. He’s gone in and done that quite quickly, so there have been some easy gains in the first few races.

It doesn’t surprise me because Ross has brought so much expertise from his time at Benetton and Ferrari, as well as plenty of common sense. It hasn’t taken that long to apply some of it and find out the strengths and weaknesses of the group he’s got around him.

That’s the low-hanging fruit; the litmus test will be getting the right technical people to design the 2009 car.

• 3 weeks later...

"EL" KIMI REIGNS IN SPAIN!

Kimi Raikkonen led home teamate Felipe Massa to score a convincing Ferrari 1-2 in todays Spanish Grand Prix. Raikkonen qualified on Pole in front of local hero Fernando Alonso, and led from the start, with Massa edging out the Spaniard to seize second spot from the start. Apart from pit-stops the red cars were never headed. Lewis Hamilton overcame his troubles in Bahrain to take the final podium spot, but his McLaren teamate suffered a major accident when a front wheel deflated suddenly. Fortunately it appears that no major injury has been suffered by the Fin.

SPANISH GRAND PRIX - Barcelona, 27/4/08

1 Kimi RAIKKONEN FIN - FERRARI

2 Felipe MASSA BRA - FERRARI

3 Lewis HAMILTON GBR - McLAREN

4 Robert KUBICA POL - B.M.W.

5 Mark WEBBER AUS - RED BULL

6 Jenson BUTTON GBR - HONDA

7 Kazuki NAKAJIMA JPN - WILLIAMS

8 Jarno TRULLI ITA - TOYOTA

f1spainsf2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

HAT TRICK OF TURKISH DELIGHT FOR FELIPE!

Brazilian Felipe Massa scored his 3rd victory here in as many years with a superb drive from Pole Position, but an interesting strategy gamble from Mclarens Lewis Hamilton did offer a real challenge. Lewis, on a 3 stop raceplan, drove magnificently, taking the lead on the track at one point, it was enough to split the Ferraris, but not quite enough to gain victory. However this fantastic racetrack again provided an interesting and exciting race, with overtaking moves a plenty. Championship leader Kimi Raikkonen retained the overall lead by taking the final Podium spot.

TURKISH GRAND PRIX - Istanbul Park, 11th May 2008.

1 Felipe MASSA BRA - FERRARI

2 Lewis HAMILTON GBR - McLAREN

3 Kimi RAIKKONEN FIN - FERRARI

4 Robert KUBICA POL - B.M.W.

5 Nick HEIDFELD GER - B.M.W.

6 Fernando ALONSO SPA - RENAULT

7 Mark WEBBER AUS - RED BULL

8 Nico ROSBERG GER - WILLIAMS

f1turkeyzw6.jpg

LEWIS BREAKS THE BANK AT MONTE-CARLO!

Isn't sport so unpredicable sometimes - and long may it remain so! Monaco, definately going to McLaren on Pole everybody said. So we end up with a Ferrari Front Row. Racestart was wet, and Lewis managed to beat one of them ( Raikkonen ) away at the start. Lying 2nd in the early laps, he clouts a wall and destroys a rear tyre, game over thinks i. Not so, goes back to the pits and re-joins having not lost too many places but now re-fueled. As the racetrack started to dry, the extra fuel enabled him to run to the point of switching tyres ( to drys ) without any more stops. That, and some superb driving by him enabled him to seize the lead and record a truly magnificent victory.

Polish driver Robert Kubica continued his great season ( really hope he wins a GP soon ) with a superb 2nd, beating Felipe Massa into 3rd. Heartbreak of the day - Force India driver Adrain Sutil. A standard of perforrmance possibly even higher than Lewis, Hamilton HAD made an error Sutil made NONE, went unrewarded when a genuine mistake by Kimi Raikkonen robbed him of 4th place right at the end.

MONACO GRAND PRIX - Monte Carlo, 25th May 2008

1 Lewis HAMILTON ENG - McLAREN

2 Robert KUBICA POL - B.M.W.

3 Felipe MASSA BRA - FERRARI

4 Mark WEBBER AUS - RED BULL

5 Sebastian VETTEL GER - TORO ROSSO

6 Rubens BARRICHELLO BRA - HONDA

7 Kazuki NAKAJIMA JPN - WILLIAMS

8 Heikki KOVALAINEN FIN - McLAREN

f1monacotg1.jpg

ONE YEAR ON!

In last years Canadian Grand Prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve Polish driver Robert Kubica suffered an horrendous crash, got to admit when i first saw it ( live ) i really feared for his life. Fortunately, of course, it wasn't quite that serious and it wasn't long before the Pole was racing again. One year on his fortunes at this venue were slightly different as he recorded his first Grand Prix victory, and totally deserved it was too. And surely it's good for the sport for somebody else other than Ferrari or Mclaren to win a race. Even more joy foi the B.M.W. outfit as Nick Heidfeld bought the sister car home to make it a 1-2. Veteren David Coulthard completed the Podium.

However the race will probably be remembered for an incident in the pit lane which took out both Lewis Hamilton and Kimi Raikkonen. This was following the leaders ( Lewis had led form the pole ) stopping during a "Safety Car" period. Kimi and Kubicas crews had beaten the McLaren boys, and those 2 stopped, as required, at the end of the pit-lane waiting for the lights to turn green. No doubt miffed at losing track position, Lewis had a rush of blood and failed to stop in time, crashing into the back of the Finnish drivers Ferrari. This was totally the fault of Lewis, who takes a 10 place penalty into qualifying for the next GP ( French at Magny-Cours. )

CANADIAN GRAND PRIX - Montreal, 8th June 2008

1 Robert KUBICA POL - B.M.W.

2 Nick HEIDFELD GER - B.M.W.

3 David COULTHARD GBR - RED BULL

4 Timo GLOCK GER - TOYOTA

5 Felipe MASSA BRA - FERRARI

6 Jarno TRULLI ITA - TOYOTA

7 Rubens BARRICHELLO BRA - HONDA

8 Sebastian VETTEL GER - TORO ROSSO

f1canadabb7.jpg

FELIPE GAINS FROM KIMI'S EXHAUSTION!

Brazilian Felipe Massa bought his Ferrari home first in a French Grand Prix totally dominated by the red cars yesterday. However, it was teamate Kimi Raikkonen, starting from Pole Position, who was the pace-setter. Unfortunately for him a problem with the exhaust reduced his speed enough for Massa to deprive him of a deserved victory. Such was Ferraris dominance that he still retained second place, with Jarno Trulli bringing his Toyota home 3rd in the final podium spot. A weekend to forget for Lewis, carrying a 10 place grid penalty from Canada, his troubles increased on the first lap when he was adjudged to have "cut a corner" and suffered another penalty, a "drive through."

FRENCH GRAND PRIX - Magny Cours, 22nd June 2008

2 Kimi RAIKKONEN FIN - FERRARI

3 Jarno TRULLI ITA - TOYOTA

4 Heikki KOVALAINEN FIN - McLAREN

5 Robert KUBICA POL - B.M.W.

6 Mark WEBBER AUS - RED BULL

7 Nelson PIQUET Jnr BRA - RENAULT

8 Fernando ALONSO SPA - RENAULT

f1francedc1.jpg

LEWIS!

One word says it all. Lewis Hamilton arrived at Silverstone for his home Grand Prix amongst criticsm in the British press and other sources after 2 races that hadn't gone to plan, and with everybody expecting Ferrari to dominate. Possibly guilty of "over-driving" during qualifying yesterday to only finish 4th, whilst McLaren teamate Hekki Kovalainen clinched his first Pole Position. However in todays race Lewis answered all of the critics in emphatic style, letting his driving do the talking, which was magnificent. Conditions were tricky, with wet conditions and changable ( great for exciting racing! ) and Lewis was the total master. This was one of his best ever performances as he dominated to win by over a minute. Nick Heidfeld drove to a good 2nd, and wasn't it delightful to see the old fox, Rubens Barrichello take the final podium spot. Odd race from Ferrari, Kimi Raikkonen did appear to offer a challedge to Lewis, but wrong tyre selection put him out of winning contention, and he could only gather 4th, but that was better than Felipe Massa who seemed to spend the whole race spinning. Lewis, Kimi and Felipe all now lead the title chase on 48 points.

On friday there was a major and amazing statement. Bernie Ecclestone has "screwed" Silverstone up and announced that from 2010 the British GP will be held at Donington Park. Have you ever been there Bernie? Because if you REALLY believe that Donington is a better track than Silverstone, well, i'll have a pint of whatever you're drinking mate!

BRITISH GRAND PRIX - Silverstone, 6th July 2008

2 Nick HEIDFELD GER - B.M.W.

3 Rubens BARRICHELLO BRA - HONDA

4 Kimi RAIKKONEN FIN - FERRARI

5 Heikki KOVALAINEN FIN - McLAREN

6 Fernando ALONSO SPA - RENAULT

7 Jarno TRULLI ITA - TOYOTA

8 Kazuki NAKAJIMA JAP - WILLIAMS

f1britainaw3.jpg

I CAME, I SAW, LEWIS CONQUERED!

The German F1 GP at Hockenheim last weekend was all about 1 man - Lewis Hamilton. Just by watching you could tell that he was smoother and faster, absolutely NO surprise when he snatched Pole on Saturday afternoon. However things didn't go all his way in the race, he led form the start comfortably; but a safety car period when Timo Glock crashed ruined his strategy. It mean't he found himself behind 2 cars after all of the pitstops so he had to overtake on the track. No problem, Felipe Massa and Nelson Piquet Jnr were quickly and efficently dispatched, to earn a dominant and thoroughly deserved victory. This was a magnificent performance, a real champions drive, and it was a total priveledge to witness it.

GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND - Hockenheimring, 20th July 2008

2 Nelson PIQUET Jnr BRA - RENAULT

3 Felipe MASSA BRA - FERRARI

4 Nick HEIDFELD GER - B.M.W.

5 Heikki KOVALAINEN FIN - McLAREN

6 Kimi RAIKKONEN FIN - FERRARI

7 Robert KUBICA POL - B.M.W.

8 Sebastian VETTEL GER - TORO ROSSO

lewishamilton8xh7.jpg

COME ON, WHO PREDICTED THAT ONE RIGHT?

Well where do i start with this one, another example of NOT taking anything for granted. Mclaren 1-2 on the grid with Lewis on a comfortable Pole, got to be another win thinks i ( and i know i wasn't alone there. ) Felipe Massa, for one thought differently, and a brilliant start saw him take the lead, with a "hard but fair" move on Lewis in turn one - similar to the reverse when Lewis took him in Germany. OK so he's running much less fuel, eh NO, only 1 lap less, he's on the same if not slightly better pace. Lewis then picks up a puncture, so that's him done for victory contention, although he was able to continue. Finally 3 laps from the end the Ferrari engine lets go, cruel, cruel misfortune for such a magnificent performance.

So who did win? Been a great period for Heikki Kovalainen, just after being told that his Mclaren seat for 2009 was guarenteed, he has now recorded his first Grand Prix victory. Sure there was some luck involved, but he's had his fair share of bad. Fantastic drive from Timo Glock, 2 weeks after that horrific crash in his home GP ( which actually i saw BTW ) he seized his first podium, leading home Kimi Raikkonen who finished 3rd. And this was no fluke, he'd been on the pace all weekend. Lewis recovered to savage 5th, and with Massas demise actually strengthened his Championship Lead.

HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX - Hungaroring, 3rd August 2008

1 Heikki KOVALAINEN FIN - McLAREN

2 Timo GLOCK GER - TOYOTA

3 Kimi RAIKKONEN FIN - FERRARI

4 Fernando ALONSO SPA - RENAULT

5 Lewis HAMILTON GBR - McLAREN

6 Nelson PIQUET Jnr BRA - RENAULT

7 Jarno TRULLI ITA - TOYOTA

8 Robert KUBICA POL - B.M.W.

f1hungarykq7.jpg

MASSA'S DOCKSIDE RUN!

Felipe Massa made up for the disappointment of engine failure in hungary with a good run from Pole to victory. Didn't see the race ( more as to why later, ) but from reports it seems he was only headed during pit-stops. Lewis Hamilton overcame a neck problem to secure second and Robert Kubica made a welcome return to the podium in 3rd. Following Massa's engine blow-up in Hungary, another concern for Ferrari as it was Kimi Raikkonens turn for power-plant failure. Lewis now leads the Championship by 6 points from Massa.

Did see qualifying, what an interesting circuit!

GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE - Valencia, 24th August 2008.

2 Lewis HAMILTON GBR - McLAREN

3 Robert KUBICA POL - B.M.W.

4 Heikki KOVALAINEN FIN - McLAREN

5 Jarno TRULLI ITA - TOYOTA

6 Sebastian VETTEL GER - TORO ROSSO

7 Timo GLOCK GER - TOYOTA

8 Nico ROSBERG GER - WILLIAMS

f1valenciaci3.jpg

A NEW STAR IS BORN!

In the wet conditions prevalent at Monza this weekend, Formula welcomed another first time winner, German Sebastian Vettel. All season long he has consistantly performed better than anybody in a Toro Rosso has ever done before, and now he is the youngest ever Grand Prix winner. He's also the youngest ever Polesitter, and converted that feat into a race win with a truly magnificent drive. This lad has a greast future ahead. 2nd was Heikki Kovalenain, whilst Robert Kubica completed the podium.

Championship contenders Felipe Massa and Lewis Hamilton finished 6th & 7th. Lewis had driven a particularly good race after an appauling qualifying ( 15th on the grid ), if the weather had not meant another pit stop to change to intermediates he might well have challenged Vettel for the win.

ITALIAN GRAND PRIX - Monza, 14th September 2008

1 Sebastian VETTEL GER - TORO ROSSO

2 Hekki KOVALENAIN FIN - McLAREN

3 Robert KUBICA POL - B.M.W.

4 Fernando ALONSO SPA - RENAULT

5 Nick HEIDFELD GER - B.M.W.

6 Felipe MASSA BRA - FERRARI

7 Lewis HAMILTON GBR - McLAREN

8 Mark WEBBER AUS - RED BULL

f1italyro0.jpg

NIGHT RACE? NIGHT-MARE FOR FERRARI!

Felipe Massa took the first ever Pole Position in a Formula 1 nightime Qualifying, and converted it into a convincing early lead in todays Singapore Grand Prix. Leading from Lewis Hamilton and teamate Kimi Raikkonen it all very good for the Brazilian until a crash for fellow countryman Nelson Piquet bought out the safety car. Massa then had a pit-stop to forget, as he drove off with the re-fuelling rig still attached - in fairness to Massa the indicator HAD given him the green light. This dropped him out of conrtention for any Championship points, let alone a race victory.

In contrast Fernando Alonso, on the pace all through practice, had a nightmare in qualifying when a car problem put him 15th on the grid. However a bold strategy with a pit-stop just before Piquets accident ( ironically Alonsos teamate! ) bought the race to him and superb driving enabled him to secure his first win of 2008. 2nd after a great drive was Nico Rosberg, with Lewis Hamilton gaining 6 points over Massa by coming home 3rd. Ferraris misable weekend was compounded by Kimi Raikkone crashing out of 5th a few laps from the end.

SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX - Singapore, 28th September 2008

1 Fernando ALONSO SPA - RENAULT

2 Nico ROSBERG GER - WILLIAMS

3 Lewis HAMILTON GBR - McLAREN

4 Timo GLOCK GER - TOYOTA

5 Sebastian VETTEL GER - TOR ROSSO

6 Nick HEIDFELD GER - B.M.W.

7 David COULTHARD GBR - RED BULL

8 Kazuki NAKAJIMA JPN - WILLIAMS

f1singaporeia5.jpg

Championship Tables

Driver Team Points