Bellazon

America's Next Top Model

I LOVE ADRIANA

• 2 months later...

America’s Next Top Model’ Picked Up By VH1 With New Host, Tyra Banks To EP

America’s Next Top Model will live on! The modeling reality competition series, which ended its 22-cycle run on the CW and its predecessor UPN, has vh1logo.jpgbeen picked up by VH1 for a new 14-episode season. Top Model creator and executive producer Tyra Banks, who hosted the show for its entire run to date, will continue as an executive producer alongside original Top Model executive producer Ken Mok, who has run the series since the start. There will be a new host and judges as the veteran show is being “reinvented for a new generation.” The deal was made by CBS Television Distribution, which shopped the series to cable and SVOD outlets last fall after receiving incoming interest.

“After creating an incredible, global brand, I am beyond excited to have the show reborn,” Banks said. “I will continue as Executive Producer, but must turn my attention to new business endeavors, so I want to find a new host. I’m pumped to identify that person and bring back the show. Top Model fans, you demanded that the show come back, and VH1 answered the call. Get ready for a fierce-a-fied rebirth!”

Top Model premiered May 20, 2003 on UPN, and was the first series to debut on The CW on Sept 20, 2006. Top Model has been the most successful reality series on the network and the longest-running series currently on the CW. Additionally, it launched a very successful format that has been produced in over 30 countries.

“We’re thrilled to bring America’s Next Top Model back to VH1 and partner with CBS Television Distribution and Tyra Banks to reinvent this franchise for a whole new generation,” said Chris McCarthy, General Manager of VH1. “This is a homecoming for the series, as VH1 helped catapult the show to cultural icon status as the first cable network to air the show after it launched.”

VH1, which has been on a ratings upswing the last couple of quarters, has been focused on young viewers, currently ranking #8 in adults 18-34, which also has been Top Model’s core demo.

“We could not be more excited to bring back and breathe new life into one of the greatest unscripted franchises on television,” said Scott Koondel, chief licensing officer for CBS Corp. “VH1 is the perfect partner for this new endeavor and we hope this is the beginning of a long relationship.”

If she wasn't having a baby in the next few months, I would agree but I doubt she'll want to take on a commitment like that right now. (I imagine that's a huge part of the reason that Tyra stepped down, since she just had her son.) :idk: But Fab Life did get cancelled so maybe she'll just hop over. 

• 4 months later...

It's being reported (but not confirmed) that Rita Ora might take over as host? :rofl: Not American, or a model. I doubt it's true, but if it is, I can't believe there wasn't an actual model who fell off desperate for another chance at the spotlight. 

^ Rita would be an interesting choice. If it is true, I too am surprised they couldn't convince a model [who's no longer relevant] to host. I still think Chrissy is the best choice but she seems to have a lot of other projects on her plate in addition to being a mom. I also think they probably wouldn't pay her enough to do it.

Taking this with a grain of salt... but it's a terrifying thought

This idea is genius! Kendall Jenner may be using her modeling experience to help judge up and coming catwalkers, as HollywoodLife.com has learned EXCLUSIVELY that she might become the next host of ‘America’s Next Top Model.’

We are SO on board with this! Kendall Jenner, 20, could be putting all of her runway and magazine modeling experience to good use as America’s Next Top Model is searching for a new host, and producers feel the reality star is the perfect person for the job! HollywoodLife.com has EXCLUSIVELY learned that Kenny is in line to be the next Tyra Banks, 42!

Kendall may be the new host of the 23rd season of ANTM. Producers are also going after Gigi Hadid, 20, but no final decisions have been made yet. The show was dropped from CW after 22 seasons with Tyra as the host, and she will stay on as producer and is helping to cast her replacement. Producers feel Kendall has the modeling experience needed for the job and is young enough to attract a hipper audience,” a source tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY. What a brilliant idea this is!

“Now that the show is on VH1, they want to give the show a new look and they think both Kendall and Gigi would be great for the show. Shooting for the new season of the reality show begins in NYC next month,” our source adds, noting that it would be Kendall OR Gigi, so they’re both being considered for the coveted hosting role.

Kendall has plenty of TV experience from spending years in front of the cameras on her family’s reality show, but we’re really interested to see if she has the same kind of fierceness that Tyra brought to ANTM. Who can ever forget her advising contestants to “smize,” in other words smile with your eyes. That was definitely one of our favorite Tyra-isms.

While Kenny seems like she’s be a natural fit, it would be interesting to see what kind of take Gigi would bring to the job. We haven’t got to see much of what she’s like when it comes to being on camera in a role that doesn’t involved modeling. It would be great to see her reveal her real personality, as we only really know her from her photos and modeling work.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/03/16/kendall-jenner-tyra-banks-americas-next-top-model-new-host-show/

America's Next Top Model VH1

“America’s Next Top Model” will be returning on a new network, and Variety has the first look at the modeling competition’s VH1 reboot.

The official tease art for “America’s Next Top Model” features the same logo as the original series, which ran 12 years and 22 cycles on the CW and its predecessor UPN. Insiders say when the premiere gets closer, a new look will be unveiled, featuring an entirely new logo that is different from the original show’s. “This fall the runway gets a revamp” is the tagline for the show’s new iteration, though details on what exactly that revamp will entail are scarce.

What we do know is that Tyra Banks — who created, hosted and exec produced the original series — will be back on board as an exec producer, though she is not expected to return on camera in any major capacity. A new host has not been announced yet, nor has the panel of judges, which is believed to be re-worked from the latest grouping. The reinvented competition will be set in New York City, rather than Los Angeles where most of the original seasons took place. The new season will consist of 14 episodes.

The new “America’s Next Top Model” poster features blue and pink coloring, which could signify another co-ed season. The final three seasons of CW’s “Top Model” featured both male and female contestants. (Other themed seasons were “British Invasion” and “All Stars.”)

No premiere date has been set for “Top Model,” which will premiere this fall on VH1. Banks will serve as an exec producer, along with “ANTM” alum Ken Mok, who originally developed the show with Kenya Barris, plus Dana Gabrion, Paul Buscemi and Jaimie Glasson Pargament. CBS Television Distribution is behind the series that hails from 10 by 10 Entertainment and The Tyra Banks Company.

The new season is being described as a reinvention for a new generation. At the time VH1 announced they’d be the new home to “ANTM,” Banks stated that she was excited to find a new host herself. She spoke to Variety about the show’s future here.

CW cancelled “Top Model” in October 2015 with the final episode airing in December. Around that time, Banks departed her syndicated daytime show “FabLife,” which has since been cancelled. “Top Model” has 20 international versions in production and is under license in over 100 markets globally.

• 6 months later...