Bellazon

Monika Jagaciak
Thumbnail

kadu

^ I understand what you want to say, I prefer her HF/HC work too, and miss the days when she walked a lot of shows in every fashion week, but she decided to go to comercial world, and well... I support her decision. I think she's a very versatile model, who can make look great whatever she wears, so she suits very well in every aspect of fashion industry. For example, her work with VS, where she's doing an amazing job, and is looking absolutely gorgeous, IMO. 

it's official now! congrats Jac

How Does It Feel to Be an Angel? Ask Victoria’s Secret’s Newest Addition, Jac Jagaciak

It was only a matter of time before Monika “Jac” Jagaciak,one of the most coveted faces on the runway, scoring shows from Valentino to Alexander Wang, as well as a staple in the Chanel beauty campaigns for several seasons now, was tapped along with nine other models, to join the current rank of Angels, which boasts names like Alessandra AmbrosioCandice SwanepoelLily Aldridge, andAdriana Lima. Jagaciak first walked the Victoria’s Secret runway in 2013 and then again in 2014. So what is it really like to step on that live performer–bedazzled, confetti-sprinkled catwalk versus the typical, straight-faced, ready-to-wear runway? Well . . . a blast, naturally. “The first Victoria’s Secret show I did, I was closing the section and Adriana was right behind me. We were dancing backstage, and it was fun to see her losing her mind to the music!” says Jagaciak. “It is really fun compared to a regular show. Even just the energy backstage is more fun than the actual show!”

Although Jagaciak is a beaming natural, the Poland native didn’t have much exposure to Victoria’s Secret growing up. “The first time I came to America I saw the store and realized how big it was here,” she says. “My mom loved the brand. Whenever she came to New York with me after that, there were always trips to Victoria’s Secret.” Now her new Angel wing–endowed family will be there to guide her. “I was super surprised when I was meeting Candice, Lily, and Alessandra at how nice they are, and how not competitive it was going to be,” says Jagaciak. “I thought the models were going to hate each other! But they are the sweetest girls. It is nice to know that even though they are so successful and well-known, they are still very normal.” Spoken like a true Angel.

from vogue.com