Bellazon

Brigitte Bardot
Thumbnail

saritaa

Brigitte Bardot (born September 28, 1934) is a French actress, model and singer, considered the embodiment of the 1950s "sex kitten."

In the 1970s after her retirement from the entertainment industry - Bardot established herself as an animal rights activist, which she continues today. During the 1990s she was outspoken about her political views on such issues as immigration, Islam in France, race mixing, and homosexuality.

Bardot was born in Paris to Anne-Marie Mucel and Charles "Pilou" Bardot, an industrialist. At an early age her mother encouraged her interest in music and dance, she had modelled for popular magazine Elle by the time she was 15 years old. [1]

In 1952, she appeared on screen for the first time in Le Trou Normand. That same year, at age 18, she married director Roger Vadim, with whom she had been romantically involved for several years.

Although the European film industry was then in the ascendant, her personal rise was remarkable; she has been one of the few European actresses to receive mass media attention in the United States. She and Marilyn Monroe were the icons of female sexuality in the 1950s and 1960s and whenever she made public appearances in the United States the media hordes covered her every move.

Her films of the early and mid 1950s were lightweight romantic dramas, some of them historical, in which she was cast as ing

I used to see her as an icone until the late day she did an interview for the french TV... it was her first interview in years... She had just written a book in which she appeared to be a racist bitch (she prefers animals over human beings...) but she didn't tell the show host about the book because she knew that it would create a polemic... But the host found out about the book right before the show and talked about it at the end of the show... The atmosphere was really weird, i've never seen anything like that on TV... all of a sudden she wasn't an icon anymore... not to mention she's aged REALLY bad... But anyways i still like her "back in the days" her ;) thx for the pics !

I used to see her as an icone until the late day she did an interview for the french TV... it was her first interview in years... She had just written a book in which she appeared to be a racist bitch (she prefers animals over human beings...) but she didn't tell the show host about the book because she knew that it would create a polemic... But the host found out about the book right before the show and talked about it at the end of the show... The atmosphere was really weird, i've never seen anything like that on TV... all of a sudden she wasn't an icon anymore... not to mention she's aged REALLY bad... But anyways i still like her "back in the days" her ;) thx for the pics !

Catherine Deneuve has aged much more gracefully, but in terms of physical beauty and mental state. :yes:

Deneuve has eventually done lots of plastic surgery jobs, whereas BB was honest enough- if I can say, not to do it.

Well, even if BB appears to be a "bitch", I'll remember her only as an icon!

honest enough ? she just doesn't care about her looks because she's not in the biz anymore, she's just the crazy old lady fighting for animals rights now...

BTW i never was a fan of Deneuve, it annoys me that she's one of the few french actresses known wolrdwide :ninja:

Wow! Marvelous pics!!! She is the ultimate sexkitten!!! :wave:

I think her bitchyness is kinda "endearing"! LOL! She doesn't take shit from no one anymore!! I like that attitude more than being the poor victim like for instance Marilyn Monroe was. She was just a sad figure... BB speaks her mind, and does not give a shite what people think of it! I can appriciate that. I would like to know what her so called racists views and remarks are exactly about though.

From the early days:

bb002dh0.th.jpg

Deneuve has eventually done lots of plastic surgery jobs, whereas BB was honest enough- if I can say, not to do it.

Well, even if BB appears to be a "bitch", I'll remember her only as an icon!

honest enough ? she just doesn't care about her looks because she's not in the biz anymore, she's just the crazy old lady fighting for animals rights now...

BTW i never was a fan of Deneuve, it annoys me that she's one of the few french actresses known wolrdwide :ninja:

Deneuve has class. :ninja:

Wow! Marvelous pics!!! She is the ultimate sexkitten!!! :wave:

I think her bitchyness is kinda "endearing"! LOL! She doesn't take shit from no one anymore!! I like that attitude more than being the poor victim like for instance Marilyn Monroe was. She was just a sad figure... BB speaks her mind, and does not give a shite what people think of it! I can appriciate that. I would like to know what her so called racists views and remarks are exactly about though.

From the early days:

bb002dh0.th.jpg

i'll try to find exerpts of her book and translate them, unless you can speak french ?