Bellazon

Rosanna Georgiou
Thumbnail

details

In the midst of political and economical turmoil in Greece, one thing has remained consistent – a population of really, really good looking people. Out of Athens comes Rosanna, a girl with Dutch/Greek parentage, who, despite only being in the industry for about a month now, already has a league of designers calling her their muse. A mix of Iris/Ylonka/Kirsten Owen, Rosanna has been described by clients as dynamic and incredibly professional since the get go. Take it all the way, Rosanna.

stats

Full Name:

Rosanna Georgiou

Hair:

Blonde

Eyes:

Brown

Height:

181cm / 5′11.5″

Bust:

81 cm / 32″

Waist:

58 cm / 23.5″

Hips:

87 cm / 34.5″

Place of Origin:

Athens, Greece

Date of Birth:

May 12

agencies

Mother Agency:

VN Model Management

Milan:

d’management group

Spain:

Traffic Models

Denmark:

Le Management

Ros Georgiou: Digital courtesy of Marilyn

A Calvin Klein exclusive is an interesting proposition. The girls could blast (see Karlie Kloss) or she could blip but that coveted booking will always swing the spotlight onto a new girl. Post London and Milan and currently revving up for Paris, Marilyn’s Ros is a new girl with a big buzz now that she has walked for three of the power shows of London (Giles Deacon, Jonathan Saunders, Christopher Kane) even as key bookings are still locking in her favor. Discovered by Marilyn via MDC’s Daily Duo Ros has truly lived up to that early potential. Watch for a major run by this standout Greek beauty.

models.com

post-35528-1317140954_thumb.jpg

It’s not uncommon to do a double take when you first see Ros Georgiou. Freckly, with a prominent nose, the 17-year-old has a can’t-put-your-finger-on-it exoticism. “My mother’s Dutch and my father’s Greek,” says the shy newbie, who, when not modeling, is a high school student in Athens, Greece. “I think that’s why I have such a different look.” Her singularity is paying off — after signing with Marilyn last winter, Georgiou did her first fashion week in Paris in March, walking for Dries van Noten and Celine, among others. Now it’s nearly time for her first New York show season. Is she nervous? “No,” she says with a shrug. “I’m not really scared.” Confidence, after all, is key.

Welcome to New York. You’re just here for the upcoming collections, right?

Yes, I have to go back to Athens after that because I have school. Then I’ll come back next year, after I graduate.

How do you balance school and modeling?

Well, I just started modeling in October, and I wasn’t doing it full-time until after Paris Fashion Week in February, but even then I was concentrating on school mostly. I think when I go back I’ll work more, but for Greek magazines, doing jobs after school. Finishing school is important, and I want to do that before I take anything big on.

How did you get started?

It all started last September when this photographer I know introduced me to my mother agency in Greece. She kept telling me I should do it, so I finally went for it. Then I got signed with Marilyn in October, so it happened really quickly.

You were walking in your first fashion week just months later. What was that like?

I wasn’t expecting to be so tired every day. The first day I got home, I was dead. But you get kind of used to it after a few days.

How much sleep did you get?

I woke up at 8 in the morning and got home at 10 or 11, but it’s more because you’re on your feet running around all day long, so I guess that’s why 7 or 8 hours wasn’t enough for me.

You’re part Dutch and part Greek — an unusual combination. How did your parents meet?

My mother was on vacation in Greece and met my father. The next day he took her around, and they just fell in love. They got engaged 10 days after that, and they’ve been together 18 years.

If you weren’t modeling, what do you think you’d be doing right now?

I would study journalism. I’d like to write for a magazine one day.

What are your favorite magazines?

French Vogue, Numéro, and i-D. But French Vogue is definitely my favorite. That’s my goal, to get the cover of French Vogue.

What’s something people outside of the fashion community don’t understand about modeling?

People don’t get how hard it is being away from home. I have a younger sister and brother, and I wish I could talk to them a lot more. We Skype a lot, though.

Who are your favorite designers?

Marc Jacobs and Valentino. I think those two are my favorite.

How would you describe your personal style?

It’s weird, it’s very dependent on my mood. Sometimes I dress very rock, and sometimes I dress very classic and chic. I don’t have one consistent style, other than that it has to be cheap. All my stuff is from H&M and Zara, and Topshop when I want to splurge. The best shopping is in Paris, though. I was there for the haute couture shows, and I found the best vintage shops. You can find, like, Dior pieces for cheap. It’s ridiculous.

What has been the highlight of your career so far?

The Celine show. It was such an honor, and I got the best trade: this big leather handbag with a little top handle. It’s beige and black and beautiful. Everyone compliments me on it.

Where’s the most amazing or most awful place you’ve had to shoot?

I don’t think I’ve been in an awful place. I was shooting in Greece once and it just was cold and I was wearing summer clothes. Well, actually, like no clothes. I was wearing Dolce & Gabbana and it was all like lace bodysuits and lingerie. We shot in this old house that didn’t have heat, and also outside of the house. It was hard to look relaxed and not chatter my teeth.

post-35528-1317141318_thumb.jpgpost-35528-1317141322_thumb.jpg

post-35528-1317141326_thumb.jpg

Model Moment: Ros Georgiou

With her freckled face and gazelle-like stature, Ros Georgiou is definitely a new model to watch. Hailing from Athens, Greece, Ros mixes rock sensibilities with a soft and feminine touch, making her look refreshing and unique. From bombshell to glam girl to girl next door, Ros captures it all. I can't wait to see what designers, ad campaigns and runways are upcoming for this down-to-earth beauty.

post-35528-1317141571_thumb.jpgpost-35528-1317141574_thumb.jpg

post-35528-1317141579_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Fresh on the heels of becoming a Top 10 Newcomer Ros Georgiou heads to the pages of Dazed & Confused with a resort story featuring Prada’s key pieces. Shot by Serge LeBlon and styled by Karen Langley, the edit features a series of quirky chic outfits that capture the current craze for prints and color. Seeing the eccentric patterns and clashing colors presented in ladylike shapes is a treat and Ros bring her fresh beauty to every images.

models.com'

post-35528-0-1446088362-19691_thumb.jpg post-35528-0-1446088362-22756_thumb.jpg post-35528-0-1446088362-25226_thumb.jpg post-35528-0-1446088362-27537_thumb.jpg post-35528-0-1446088362-29593_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...