Bellazon

Chantilly Scott
Thumbnail

<H1 class=entry-title>Model Interview: Chantilly Scott</H1>by admin on December 8, 2008

Chantilly Scott was discovered by Elmer Olsen in December 2006. After some major transformations in attitude, appearance, and style (and just four pitctures in her portfolio) she booked her first job, an editorial for Elle Canada. Shortly after, her mother felt it would be best for them to relocate from London, Ontario to Toronto to help further her modelling career. Chantilly soon went on to appear in FQ, Wish, Flare, and Zink. Already, her travels as a model have taken her to Germany, Milan, and South Africa. Chantilly’s future goals include travelling around the world, landing a high-end beauty campaign, and finding the perfect place to open a restaurant and build a hobbie farm.

WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE BEAUTY TIPS?

I’m sure everyone has heard this more than a dozen times, but you can never stress enough how important it is to drink plenty of water — especially if you’re travelling a lot, as it tends to seriously dehydrate you. My second top beauty tip would have to be making sure you’re getting all your essential nutrients and vitamins. I always make sure I have my mutli-vitamin, some fish oil capsules (which give your skin a healthy glow and your hair a healthy shine), and some potassium (because if you exercise frequently like I do, it prevents muscle cramps). The third beauty tip would probably have to be: moisturize! Hand cream, face cream, body cream, and even eye cream are important because our bodies go through a lot of wear and tear in the industry and we need it!

HOW DO YOU KEEP A FIT AND HEALTHY BODY?

Personally, I maintain a fit and healthy body with frequent exercise and a healthy diet. For exercise, I workout with two fabulous personal trainers, Chris and Marty Smits, do some boxing, or go for long runs either outside or on the treadmill. For a healthy diet, I try to keep starches to a minimum and fill up on fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts, and protein.

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR STYLE?

I wouldn’t necessarily say I have a specific style. I always tend to see some kind of trend that I like and attempt to recreate it with pieces of clothing I have at home, or sometimes I’ll go out and buy the necessary item if I really like it. My clothes range anywhere from elegant and sophisticated, to Bohemian, to Rock ‘n’ Roll. I love fashion, but I can usually be caught in a pair of skinny jeans, some Converse or Ed Hardy’s, and a neat top!

HOW DO YOU MAINTAIN A HEALTHY SENSE OF SELF-ESTEEM AND POSITIVE BODY IMAGE?

In the fashion industry you have to build up a tough skin and not let people’s comments affect you. People aren’t always attentive to your feelings, but that happens outside the industry, too. For me, I have a lot of positive influence from my friends and family which I find has helped keep me grounded the most. As long as I’m happy with the way I look, I’m not prepared to let one person’s opinion distort my own, because it is really only one person.

WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR FAVOURITE CITY IN THE WORLD TO VISIT AND WHY? WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRAVEL TO NEXT?

I haven’t yet had the chance to do much travelling, but so far I must say Milan has been my favorite city to visit. I like Milan because I made some really amazing friends, and got my first real taste of what travelling as a model is all about. I had some really amazing experiences and got the chance to meet a lot of really great people. Next I would really like to check out New York. From what I’ve heard there is no city like it.

WHAT MOTIVATES OR INSPIRES YOU TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS? WHAT ARE SOME OF THOSE GOALS?

I would have to say my biggest motivation would be my desire to be the best that I can be. I read a lot of motivational books about people and the personal journeys that they take to achieve their goals. I find novels like this, both fiction and non-fiction, really inspiring. My friends and family also play a large role in keeping me on the right path to success. The goal that I am most focused on right now is travelling the world.

IF YOU WERE STRANDED ON A DESERT ISLAND AND COULD ONLY HAVE ONE BEAUTY PRODUCT AND ONE FASHION ITEM WITH YOU, WHAT WOULD THEY BE AND WHY?

I really don’t think I could live without face cream or a really cute dress that works for any occasion.

WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?

There are a lot of things in this world that make me happy. A few things from this very long list include: music, reading, painting or drawing, and going for long car rides with or without a destination. Besides that, I find absolutely anything can be enjoyed if spent as a past time with people you love and care about.