Bellazon

Michelle Schermer
Thumbnail

Danira

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know why it took me so long to discover her, she's beautiful!

She's been featured as model of the month on fmd

Michelle Schermer is an 18-year-old Dutch girl living her big dream, a modeling career, which has been on the back of her head for a long time. Positive, friendly and future oriented, Michelle sets her goals high.

Living intense and demanding days, the iD Model Management girl is keen on a healthy lifestyle to keep up her good looks and energy levels.

Knowing what she wants and dreaming with both feet on the ground, this charming model has a bright future ahead!

Did you always wanted to be a model, or did you stumble upon it, get discovered etc.? Who or what inspired you to become a model? How did you get started in the modeling business?

I wanted to be model from the moment I can remember.. I was inspired by my mom who also started modeling at a very young age. When I was scouted by iD Model Management I was so happy, and from that moment on my life is all about modeling.

What is your favorite or most exciting aspect about being a model? What do you like least? Have you encountered any surprises along the way? What has been your most awkward moment (of your modeling career)?

There are so many cool things about being a model, for example every time you are in front of camera, you can be someone else. For me every day is a new adventure, you never know how it’s going to turn. Also it’s a great opportunity to get to know amazing people, to travel, to learn different languages, start to know the history of different countries and cultures and also you make a lot of beautiful pictures.

How would you describe yourself as model in three words?

Passionate , dedicated and professional

Out of all the places your career has taken you, where was the most memorable?

New York because of all the opportunities, and Milan because I met the love of my life there

Who is your favorite photographer? Why?

There are still so many amazing photographers that I would love to shoot with, but my top 3 will be; Steven Meisel, Ellen Von Unwerth and Mario Testino.

What was the hardest photo shoot for you, and why?

Shooting topless for the first time was hard. People think when you are a model you must be 100% confidant about your body, but this is far from true!

Did anyone in the industry ask you to change your look, name, etc… If so, what did you do?

Sometimes people ask me to be more of a rock chick, because I guess I have a sweet appearance.

What tips and advice do you have for aspiring models just starting out, something you wish someone would have told you?

Be always nice and friendly to the people you work with, believe in yourself , smile a lot, always be positive, listen to the advice of your bookers, stay natural and modest, read allot about the industry, don’t be afraid of trying new things and whatever happens never give up and follow your dreams!

Have you had any negative experiences with model agencies, talent scouts? What are top 3 warning signs to look out for?

Luckily I never had a bad experience so far!

Would you share some of your future goals, your life motto, any words of wisdom that get you by in life and professional career?

Becoming a model was always my big dream, so to be able to turn this dream into reality is really a big blessing... But there are still so many goals and dreams I would love to achieve, working together with big designers like Chanel, Calvin Klein, Armani etc, shooting with my top 3 favorite photographers, getting booked for the French, Italian and American Vogue… but my ultimate dream is to be a Victoria Secret Angel!!

What should a relationship between an agent and model look like?

The perfect relationship between a model and her agent is a combination between confidant, adviser and friend.

Who is your favorite all-time model?

Impossible question to answer with just one name, because there are so many beautiful and unique models in this industry.. but of-course I would love to have the same successful career as Doutzen Kroes

Who are your favorite fashion designers?

Chanel, Prada, Missoni, Dolce & Gabbana, Valentino, and many many more…

Best Jean?

Liu Jo and D&G

What era would you like to bring back?

I prefer to travel into the future than to travel back in time.

Your favorite store?

Because I travel allot I love to buy authentic unique pieces from local designers or markets and mix this with clothes from Zara, H&M and Topshop.

What are your best beauty secrets?

Eat right, sleep as much as possible, use make- up appropriate for your skin, drinking lots of water / green tea, using moisturizer, work out daily in the fresh air and the most important thing enjoy what you do.

Favorite kind of food:

I Love the Italian kitchen and Sushi.

How would you describe yourself as a human being in three words?

Friendly, honest and a bit crazy.

If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?

Being invisible!!

Where do you see yourself in ten years? What could be your next career?

I cannot imagine myself after 10 years:)

Happiness is ...

... being surrounded by the people you love!

People have said I look like ...

People have said I look like: Karen Mulder

With love Michelle

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

"Lost in Trianon" for Grazia France No. 165, 9th November 2012

Photographer: Honer Akrawi

Stylist: Marine Chaumien

Hair: Sébastien Le Corroller

Make-up: Jean-Charles Perrier

Manicure: Elsa Deslande

Model: Michelle Schermer

Source: Visual Optimism (visualoptimism.blogspot.com)

post-3311-0-1446139531-8578_thumb.jpgpost-3311-0-1446139531-87136_thumb.jpg post-3311-0-1446139531-88807_thumb.jpg post-3311-0-1446139531-89607_thumb.jpg

post-3311-0-1446139531-90434_thumb.jpg post-3311-0-1446139531-91833_thumb.jpg post-3311-0-1446139531-9357_thumb.jpgpost-3311-0-1446139531-94391_thumb.jpg

post-3311-0-1446139531-95176_thumb.jpg post-3311-0-1446139531-96731_thumb.jpg post-3311-0-1446139531-98283_thumb.jpgpost-3311-0-1446139532-00137_thumb.jpg